Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well then, we are making some progress in this discussion.

The people you are referring to were not the people in the crowd that listened to the President's speech.

Most of the demonstrators just walked into a public building that's visited by millions of Americans each year, looked around (as shown on the videos) and harmed nothing and no one.

And, the idea that only Trump supporters were involved is propaganda; there were also groups of Left-wing radicals who--in anticipation of the January 6 date and the President's scheduled speech--had been gathering and planning on violence, just as they have planned to show up at the important meetings of other groups they dislike. That's their modus operandi.
Just walked into a public building, huh???

Past barriers and cops, amid pepper spray and rioters? How ridiculous!!
Many were from Trumps rally, and others using the date to cause problems because they believed Trump's lies about the election. They were there to fight for Trump. We don't have the full story yet. Meadows, Jordan and Bannon are refusing to cooperate, but others are. .

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes ... those that caused a ruckus at the Capitol are now criminals, no matter what they were before.

Including the half-naked man with the horns ...
I agree.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By everyone who's hoping to make this incident into the vehicle for their preferred political party to avoid disaster at the polls this November, yes.
There's no evidence that Antifa was present at the Capitol that day ...

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Just signs and hats and Trump flags, and that they walked over from Trump rally.
All superficial facts proving only that people made themselves appear to be Trump supporters. Antifa knows how to do that also.

Known Antifa members posed as pro-Trump to infiltrate Capitol riot: sources (nypost.com)

That said, however, I don't think there were many imposters present. The point that seems to have been missed is simply that it is impossible to know the allegiance of anyone who was present merely by taking note of what hat he's wearing or what easily-obtained banner he bought with him. And that goes for both sides.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,747,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
All superficial facts proving only that people made themselves appear to be Trump supporters. Antifa knows how to do that also.

Known Antifa members posed as pro-Trump to infiltrate Capitol riot: sources (nypost.com)
CNN's Facts First searchable database - CNN

CLAIM
In the wake of pro-Trump supporters storming the Capitol Wednesday, several Republican allies of the President are attempting to shift blame to supposed left-wing activists, namely Antifa.

Reps. Mo Brooks, Paul Gosar and Matt Gaetz have all promoted the idea that left-wing extremist group Antifa snuck in with Trump supporters during Wednesday's rally to provoke the mob......

This is false
EVIDENCE
None of this is true. The firm cited by the Washington Times has told two news outlets the story is false. The Federal Bureau of Investigation said there is no indication, as of Friday, that Antifa infiltrated the mob. Furthermore, right-wing extremists have been identified in the crowd that stormed the Capitol and CNN has, as of the publishing of this article, seen no evidence whatsoever of a left-wing infiltration of the mob.

The FBI told reporters Friday there's "no indication" that Antifa disguised themselves as Trump supporters to join the ranks of the mob.

When asked about the conspiracy theory, FBI Assistant Director in Charge of the Washington field office Steven D'antuono said "We have no indication of that at this time."

Antifa Didn't Storm The Capitol. Just Ask The Rioters.

Nearly as soon as the tear gas settled on the U.S. Capitol grounds on Jan. 6, the conspiracy theory began to pick up steam.

"Earlier today, the Capitol was under siege by people who can only be described as antithetical to the MAGA movement," Laura Ingraham told her viewers on Fox News that night. "They were likely not all Trump supporters, and there are some reports that antifa sympathizers may have been sprinkled throughout the crowd.".....

In those 24 hours, the lie that the rioters were actually antifa was mentioned more than 400,000 times online. It peaked on the anonymous imageboard site 4chan around 1 p.m. on Jan. 6, according to the Social Media Analysis Toolkit, which is around the same time that the barriers at the Capitol were breached. Then the sowing of doubt spread further: first on Parler and Twitter, then on Reddit, then on Fox News and in the halls of Congress.

But an NPR analysis of more than 280 people charged in the Capitol insurrection reveals a far different picture of the attack than the one painted by this baseless conspiracy theory — and it comes from the perspective of the rioters themselves.....

A handful repeated the conspiracy theory that antifa individuals were among the mob in a significant and organized way, but the vast majority did not, according to NPR's analysis.

In fact, some rioters seemed annoyed that antifa was getting the credit for the Capitol attack, and they took to social media to say so.

"Listen up: I hear so many reports of 'Antifa' was storming the capital [sic] building. Know that every single person who believes that narrative have been DUPED AGAIN!" Ryan Taylor Nichols, a Marine Corps veteran charged in the attack, posted on Facebook on Jan. 7, according to court documents. "Sure, there may have been some 'Antifa' in DC, but there wasn't enough to 'Storm the Capital' [sic] themselves."

So besides the Big lie that Trump won the election, there is the lie that Antifa was the problem in the Capitol and not Trump supporters.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The leader of the oath keepers, Rhodes, said Antifa wasn't there in comms with other "patriots". He said they were all trumpers.
Why do you resist truth so much?
I read a much better article yesterday illustrating Rhodes's claims but I can't find it now. Here's one from Reuters I believe. Last paragraph.

'A bloody and desperate fight:' U.S. prosecutors release Oath Keepers' communications

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The leader of the oath keepers, Rhodes, said Antifa wasn't there in comms with other "patriots". He said they were all trumpers.
Why do you resist truth so much?
As for your question, it seems that way to people who don't read the posts very closely. :sigh:

I am, however, impressed and yet surprised that you consider reliable what the leader of the Oath Keepers (!) of all people has to say. o_O

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As for your question, it seems that way to people who don't read the posts very closely. :sigh:

I am, however, impressed and yet surprised that you consider reliable what the leader of the Oath Keepers (!) of all people has to say. o_O
Well, he was communicating info to his peeps. Why is reality so difficult to accept? I've carefully read several posts from you denying reality. I am however, not impressed with your ability to deny truths that are hard to accept. I watched the silly riot all day. I think trump supporters were disappointed Antifa wasn't there. They seemed to come to DC for a fight. Many are truly ashamed they followed a false prophet now. I'm ashamed as an American for the actions of the misguided that day.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All superficial facts proving only that people made themselves appear to be Trump supporters.
Oh, I get it now. You are a comedian. Some kind of satirist poking fun at Trump loyalists.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟818,615.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
“I don’t care how many candlelight vigils and musical performances you have from the cast of Hamilton, you’re not going to convince most normal and sane people that our government last year was almost overthrown by a guy wearing a Viking hat and speedos.” --Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)

Thoughts?
There was an attempt, though the horned freak had nothing to do with that part.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, he was communicating info to his peeps.
Most people would not consider such a man to be one whose statements about the social order and January 6 are as good as gold, that's all.

I've carefully read several posts from you denying reality.
No, you haven't, and I already commented that the only explanation that occurs to me is that you didn't read my posts, or else didn't read them correctly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most people would not consider such a man to be one whose statements about the social order and January 6 are as good as gold, that's all.

No, you haven't, and I already commented that the only explanation that occurs to me is that you didn't read my posts, or else didn't read them correctly.
You are good for a laugh. Thanks

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
By that reasoning, there's no evidence that Trump Supporters were present either. ;)

Other than all of the video, I guess not ...
The video shows people sporting Trump flags and hats. That's not the same thing, although I'm coming to the realization that this fact has eluded some readers. /sigh/

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The video shows people sporting Trump flags and hats. That's not the same thing, although I'm coming to the realization that this fact has eluded some readers. /sigh/
Who else but Trump supporters would want Mike Pence to reject the electoral votes?

Upvote 0