Kentucky
✟47,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For the past year or so, a lot has been made of Violet Evergarden, and rightfully so. Violet was a very good series, and I'm anticipating the movie that has been announced for early next year. The series didn't so much pull at heart strings as that it went full-on SRV string-bending with all the soul it could muster.

But there are many emotions, and it is a rare series that can make us feel a whole gamut of them. I think that is one reason why series like FMA: Brotherhood and Cowboy Bebop are considered among the best; they don't hit just a few emotional notes, but hit the viewer's emotions in all kinds of way and at many levels.

And I think March Comes In Like A Lion is a series that should be considered right up there with FMA and Cowboy Bebop.

It's difficult for words to describe what I mean, it's mostly something that has to be seen and experienced for oneself. Still, so far as words might at least encourage, I'll give it a shot.

It deals with feelings of isolation and how that affects one character: it deals with pride and a downfall; there are scenes of conflict and manipulation as well as ones of warm familial togetherness; it has many scenes of youthful ambition but also stunningly shows one old man's determination to not let the up-and-comers dethrone him just yet; it has scenes of madcap hilarity and others of suffocating tension and even an emotional collapse that is animated as if it might have come from a horror story.

This show is quite the ride, and one I'd recommend you hop on and enjoy.

Reactions: danbuter

danbuter

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Harrisburg
✟209,522.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I recommend it to everyone. It deals with depression and bullying very well. Heck, it's painful to watch at times, and I got extremely angry at certain characters because of their actions. Also, Kai Shimada is an amazing character, and how the anime shows older players is really well done.

Reactions: Bramblewild
Upvote 0