March 25, 2010 Kenyan official: Obama born here!

Texan40

seeking wisdom
Feb 8, 2010
Houston, TX
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Humans tend to be visual people. So that is why I said it might make it look like it is racially motivated. I also said that the appearence could be interpretted rightly or wrongly as racist. You can't blame people if they see something that looks like a duck and quacks like a duck and figure it is a duck.

A group of "mostly white people" are gathered together to discuss and support a political agenda, and oppose another. How in the context of racism is this "looking like a duck and quacking like a duck?" I really don't get your point.
Anyone calling this "racist" is making a biased assumption.

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
A group of "mostly white people" are gathered together to discuss and support a political agenda, and oppose another. How in the context of racism is this "looking like a duck and quacking like a duck?" I really don't get your point.
Anyone calling this "racist" is making a biased assumption.

But that type of gathering is NOT what we are talking about. Birthers rallies are a group of "mostly white people" ranting about how a non-white man with a foreign sounding name cannot possibly have been born in this country and so is illegally holding the office of President. Now do you see the duck?

Upvote 0

Texan40

seeking wisdom
Feb 8, 2010
Houston, TX
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But that type of gathering is NOT what we are talking about. Birthers rallies are a group of "mostly white people" ranting about how a non-white man with a foreign sounding name cannot possibly have been born in this country and so is illegally holding the office of President. Now do you see the duck?

No. You are assuming the empasis on Obama's race over the fact that they believe he is not legally elligible for office and is in office illegally. How do you "know" that their main opposition is one of race and not legality or political difference in ideology?

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
No. You are assuming the empasis on Obama's race over the fact that they believe he is not legally elligible for office and is in office illegally. How do you "know" that their main opposition is one of race and not legality or political difference in ideology?

I'm not saying I "know" anything. I'm just telling you what it looks like. Substitute any colors you want for either group - it will still "LOOK" the same. What the true motivation of these people is may never be known. Some of them may not really know, they may just like to follow a noisy crowd that is getting attention. The motivation may be different for sub-groups within the group. For some it may be racial, for some it may be because he is a Democrat, for some it may be the foreignness of his name and some may truly believe, for whatever reason, that he was not born a US citizen. Whatever the reasons, the furor will likely not abate until after the next election - providing that Obama doesn't win and the next President isn't someone who is in some way, shape or form "different" and can provide, in triplicate, proof of citizenship.

Upvote 0

Texan40

seeking wisdom
Feb 8, 2010
Houston, TX
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not saying I "know" anything. I'm just telling you what it looks like. Substitute any colors you want for either group - it will still "LOOK" the same. What the true motivation of these people is may never be known. Some of them may not really know, they may just like to follow a noisy crowd that is getting attention. The motivation may be different for sub-groups within the group. For some it may be racial, for some it may be because he is a Democrat, for some it may be the foreignness of his name and some may truly believe, for whatever reason, that he was not born a US citizen. Whatever the reasons, the furor will likely not abate until after the next election - providing that Obama doesn't win and the next President isn't someone who is in some way, shape or form "different" and can provide, in triplicate, proof of citizenship.

I think the problem is that I don't "see" anything innately racist in birthers. I see where you are coming from, though. I would hope that if the Republican party tried to run a very popular candidate whose eligibility of office was questioned in a similar manner the same "birthers" whould be present in protest regardless of his background and not conspicuously absent because he is of anglo/european descent. If this happened I'd certainly have to concede that their main fuel was bias and not the "rule of law."

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
I think the problem is that I don't "see" anything innately racist in birthers. I see where you are coming from, though. I would hope that if the Republican party tried to run a very popular candidate whose eligibility of office was questioned in a similar manner the same "birthers" whould be present in protest regardless of his background and not conspicuously absent because he is of anglo/european descent. If this happened I'd certainly have to concede that their main fuel was bias and not the "rule of law."

you have to look no further than mccain who was born in panama.

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others

what difference would a "political difference in ideology" make regarding the issue of his legal viability for the office of potus?

Upvote 0

Texan40

seeking wisdom
Feb 8, 2010
Houston, TX
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
what difference would a "political difference in ideology" make regarding the issue of his legal viability for the office of potus?

It wouldn't. But I can see people who hate his politics on the bandwagon of trying to insist that his presidency is illegal and therefore null and void regardless of whether or not they even believe it's true. The same attitude that was pushed with "Anybody But Bush" certainly could hold true for the other side of the aisle.

Upvote 0

MattLangley

Sep 8, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
✟8,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If there was anything legitimate in the birther claims don't you think McCain would have used that or that any of Obama's early Democrat competitors would do so as well?

Every single source of legitimate declaration has not supported the birther claims. They are now no longer fighting against Obama not being eligible, they are fighting against our democratic process, our court rulings, representatives from both sides of party lines, and quite honestly reason and rational thought.

Upvote 0

Texan40

seeking wisdom
Feb 8, 2010
Houston, TX
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
you have to look no further than mccain who was born in panama.

My son was born in Canada, but he is a naturalized US Citizen because I filed his birth as a citizen with the US Consulate in Canada. As I stated previously there are ways a person who was not physically born on US soil can legitimately and legally be president.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Texan40

seeking wisdom
Feb 8, 2010
Houston, TX
✟8,687.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If there was anything legitimate in the birther claims don't you think McCain would have used that or that any of Obama's early Democrat competitors would do so as well?

Every single source of legitimate declaration has not supported the birther claims. They are now no longer fighting against Obama not being eligible, they are fighting against our democratic process, our court rulings, representatives from both sides of party lines, and quite honestly reason and rational thought.

Just as people were with Gore when supposedly Bush "stole the election." Some people will not accept defeat regardless of the "rational facts" involved.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
When you look at news footage of the "birthers" rallies you have to admit it is hard to find a non-white face in the crowd. Which does (rightly or wrongly) make it look like a racially motivated protest.

And when listening/reading the arguments pointing toward Obama's being ineligible for election I oftren find myself wondering " if he were a white Republican named John Smith would we be having the same discussion?"

And I fear that the saddest part will be - when we elect the first woman or Hispanic to the White House we will have to go thru this whole sordid type of character assassination all over again.

There is at least one non-white face. Alan Keyes is a birther -- he filed a lawsuit challenging Barrack Obama's eligibility after he lost the election.

Though the other reason some believe the majority of Birthers are racist is the fact that over 50% of Southerners have doubts about where Obama were born -- 23% believe he wasn't born in the US and 30% are unsure. By contrast, 93% of Northerners believe Obama was born in the US, 90% of those in the Midwest, and 83% in the Western US.

Personally, while I'm sure there are some racists in the Birther movement (and in all sides of a political debate) I don't think it is right (and hurts political discussion) to use derogatory names (like racist) to demonize opponents. It adds nothing to the debate while at times destroying the ability of opposing groups to work together.

Reactions: Texan40
Upvote 0
T

tanzanos

How do you "know" that their main opposition is one of race and not legality or political difference in ideology?
Well for a start they attacked Obama claiming he is a Muslim! This alone indicates a non political attack and one based on xenophobia. Yes in all earnest; I think that this is a racial and not a political issue. After all like they say in my country: "What goes MEOW MEOW on the roof tops? No it is not a crocodile":wave::D

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
someone actually says that and still lives? are you kidding me?
:confused:

Same concept as our own "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck..." Yes, people say that and still live.

Or is your question just a clumsy way of making fun of a foreigner?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟11,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just as people were with Gore when supposedly Bush "stole the election." Some people will not accept defeat regardless of the "rational facts" involved.
Were so many lawsuits challenging the Supreme Court decision on that and military personnel refusing combat duty or were there just a few snide comments on Bush's "overwhelming mandate"?

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
:confused:

Same concept as our own "If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck..." Yes, people say that and still live.

I don't say that either.

Or is your question just a clumsy way of making fun of a foreigner?

you'd have to ask the foreigner in question if he felt victimized.

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Well for a start they attacked Obama claiming he is a Muslim! This alone indicates a non political attack ...

he was attacked as being a foreign born muslim because the attack was and remains effective. it has nothing to do with race, because the democrats are ever so ready to play the race card at the first opportunity.

Upvote 0

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian

Defeat . . . hmm, requires war. The war ain't over yet, we haven't really gotten past "heated words" yet. When it comes to war, the Anti-American elements currently in power will lose. There are just far too many people who've sworn to uphold the Constitution, to let it be dismantled by Obama and Co. Every yes vote was an act of terrorism.

Upvote 0

HerbieHeadley

North American Energy Independence Now!
Dec 23, 2007
✟15,282.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Also, let me have you answer the question that Herbie refuses (instead he starts another baseless thread).
How do you consider the government of Kenya remarking on how Barry was born in Kenya, baseless?
Also, you were wrong in another thread where you falsely stated Herbie started another to avoid your question.
How did Obama's mother, very pregnant, get to Kenya with no passport (a fact that has been verified).
I have a theory on that however, could you please link the "fact" that Stanley Ann Obama did not have a passport. (not that it matters in my theory).
Further, how did she sneak back into the US within days of Obama's birth,
Who says she ever had to sneak in to the US?
get the Hawaiian birth certificate and notices in the Honolulu papers
First, there is no evidence of a birth certificate, what we do have is a certification of live birth that basically states that there was a baby born and not mush else.

Second, who says Stanley Ann Obama aquired any paperwork for the child?

It is well known that a COLB could have been aquired by just about anyone with knowledge of the birth; grandma, grandpa or even mom or dad. They didn't even have to be physically present, they could have send the registration in via snail mail. Once the registration was inacted it seems the state registrar would have automatically let those in charge of announcements of newborns being printed in the newspapers even though they would have more than likely printed the announcement from a simple phone call.

However, the papers do not verify anything more than a birth took place according to their information, however it was received.
and still manage to get to Washington state within a week of birth, with both a days old infant and, again, no passport?
What evidence places Stanley Ann Obama in Hawaii. Did you get that from the COLB?
As for Obama and Indonesian citizenship, parents cannot get rid of a minor child's citizenship -- even if neither parent is an American citizen.
As far as Indonesia was concerned, little Barry was an Indonesian due to Mr. Soetoro adopting little Barry. Indonesia did not allow for dual citizenship, and there is really no verification that Barry was a US citizen.

However, we do know that Senator Obama has admitted to being a British subject "at birth".

Name: Barry Soetoro
Religion: .....Islam
Nationality: ..... Indonesian

The child must renounce his citizenship after he turns 18 in order for the child to lose the citizenship (see Supreme Court decision Perkins v. Elg).
Did Obama renounce his Indonesian citizenship, his British citizenship, or his Kenyan citizenship? Did he ever "elect" to reclaim his US citizenship, if he ever had that, when he reached the majority?

You do know that Marie Elizabeth Elg. was born in the United States? Also, her parents, who were natives of Sweden, emigrated to the United States sometime before 1906, and her father became a naturalized citizen of the US that same year. Marie was born in Brooklyn, New York, on October 2, 1907 and became a Citizen by virtue of soil and blood via her father's US citizenship ((jus soli) and (jus sanguinis). Elg's Mother derived US citizenship when her father was naturalized because at that time a woman's status in the US was tied to that of her husband.

An alien woman obtained automatic US citizenship when her alien husband became naturalized because she would at the time have been considered the "property" of a man.

So, in 1907 when Elg was born on US soil, both of her parents were US citizens, therefore she was a "natural born citizen."

Which would agree with Vattel and Blackstone.

"When Barack Obama Jr. was born on Aug. 4,1961, in Honolulu, Kenya was a British colony, still part of the United Kingdom’s dwindling empire. As a Kenyan native, Barack Obama Sr. was a British subject whose citizenship status was governed by The British Nationality Act of 1948. That same act governed the status of Obama Sr.‘s children.

"every human being born within the jurisdiction of the United States of parents not owing allegiance to any foreign sovereignty is, in the language of your Constitution itself, a natural born citizen." John A. Bingham, the Framer of the 14th Amendment.

The U. S. Supreme Court in 1939 held that Elg was a NATURAL BORN CITIZEN because she was born in Brooklyn, New York on October 2, 1907, her father was naturalized as a U.S. citizen in 1906 under the Naturalization Act of 1906, and her mother derived her US citizenship in 1907 under the Expatriation Act of 1907. The Expatriation Act of 1907 extended the logic linking a woman's citizenship to her marital status and the status of her spouse.

Ms. Elg was found to be a "natural born citizen" because she was born in the mainland USA (New York) of TWO US citizen parents.

The Obama File

Upvote 0