Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
The history of St David is a very interesting one.
He lived around 500AD, founded many monastic settlements across what was Celtic Britain, including Wales and Dumnonia (which is now known as Devon and Cornwall) extending into Brittany, Northern France. He also founded many churches.
There are many miracles associated with St David: the resurrection of a dead child, and the recovery of sight to a blind man. It has also been said that when he was preaching, a hill formed beneath him so the large crowds could see and hear him, and a white dove landed on his shoulder.
He is venerated as a saint by members of the Catholic Church, Eastern Orthodox Church and the Anglican Communion.
One of the most famous phrases associated with St David is ""Lords, brothers and sisters, Be joyful, and keep your faith and your creed, and do the little things that you have seen me do and heard about. And as for me, I will walk the path that our fathers have trod before us."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thursday 6 March 2020. Difficult night
I am in hospital. Will talk tommorow
May the Lord be with you tonight with comfort in his everlasting arms.

• Agree
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Thursday 6 March 2020. Difficult night
I am in hospital. Will talk tommorow
Sorry to hear you are in hospital. Hoping and praying that you will be better and will be back home soon.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I do hope you are getting better, quietbloke, we really miss your guiding hand!

spring-4-1548457990.jpg

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Last year, I watched the film the Gospel of John which was taken word by word from the GNB version.
Tonight, I'm watching the Gospel of Matthew, which is a different film with different actors, but word by word taken from the Bible.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Later this week, I'm off to stay at a monastery (Society of St Francis). Usually, I will get up at dawn to go to morning prayer in the chapel, followed by a silent breakfast. Weather permitting, I will have chance to walk around the grounds and woods and take some still photos, then back for the midday Eucharist followed by lunch. The afternoon can either be spent chatting with the monks over a cup of tea, walking around the grounds or reading in the library. They have their evening prayer and a meal together, it's good to help out with chores and tasks - a good way to chat and get to know people. They finish their day with Compline, a short quiet service at the end of the day before the great silence, where everything is peaceful, still and quiet for the night. I will spend some time in my room in quiet, going through my books, maybe editing my photos, and designing something creative, eg. greetings or cards with scriptures/readings.

The nice thing about these retreats is that no-one is expected to do anything. We are guests and made to feel very welcome. We are given a key and can come and go as we please!

On my way back home, I'm meeting a friend I haven't seen for about 25 years. It will be nice to meet up after all that time. We will be going for lunch!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Later this week, I'm off to stay at a monastery (Society of St Francis). Usually, I will get up at dawn to go to morning prayer in the chapel, followed by a silent breakfast. Weather permitting, I will have chance to walk around the grounds and woods and take some still photos, then back for the midday Eucharist followed by lunch. The afternoon can either be spent chatting with the monks over a cup of tea, walking around the grounds or reading in the library. They have their evening prayer and a meal together, it's good to help out with chores and tasks - a good way to chat and get to know people. They finish their day with Compline, a short quiet service at the end of the day before the great silence, where everything is peaceful, still and quiet for the night. I will spend some time in my room in quiet, going through my books, maybe editing my photos, and designing something creative, eg. greetings or cards with scriptures/readings.

The nice thing about these retreats is that no-one is expected to do anything. We are guests and made to feel very welcome. We are given a key and can come and go as we please!

On my way back home, I'm meeting a friend I haven't seen for about 25 years. It will be nice to meet up after all that time. We will be going for lunch!
That sounds so good, a really blessed time. :)

Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Have missed more than I can say. Good to be back withe gang!
We are so pleased and relieved to see you back. We were worried about you!
Praise God that you are back home and that you are safe!

Upvote 0