Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What does _______to do with CHRIST?
Nothing

Since there's a blank, there's no way to answer the question. If the blank is filled in with "Christianity" or "the Bible" or similar such terms, then the answer would be very different than if we fill in the blank with "motorcycles" or "diet cola" or any host of various random things.

So I don't understand what you're getting at.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

LutheranGuy123

Feb 23, 2017
Texas
✟28,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
And you sir can wait then for these "efficacious signs " from another christ" who will do all these "wonderful" things

And I will tell you that anyone who flocks to that one will be marked

But it won't be for life

I'm not interested in signs
Though a wicked generation looks for one

You talk like the fortune tellers in movies who refuse to give people straight answers because that would make the plot of the movie boring.

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
All the same to me -- I do prefer my stakes well-done, a flagon of mead, and a salad I can push around with a fork under the pretense of eating.

That's heresy!

Though, I'm with you on the mead. And salad can be good, depending on how it is made.

Still...well-done. *shudders* I like my cow practically moo-ing upon taking a bite.

• Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I want to be clear. We're not allowed to physically harm anyone but there are people who do delve into black magic regardless of what sex they are or what name they have called themselves
So you are suggesting what should be done to these ,"black magicians"?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't need it. I don't need signs. I know who I belong to

It works for a while for those who think they won't be judged. Those who were willing to listen to the "wrong father"

How do you know black magic works for a while?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What is black magic IRL bc I've only ever heard about it on Disney movies & TV shows?
I have to be honest and admit that every time I hear something about witches and black magic and the like...I picture the scene from Adams Family Values of Grandmama cursing Debbie with a skull, then handing it to her and blowing a kiss as she leaves.

That...or the "witch shop" owner I talk to now and then (they sell quills and such, so of course I go there) talking, in the sweetest voice imaginable, to another customer.
Customer: Do you have anything to maybe help with my problem with my father in law?
Her: Sure, use this banishing spell. He won't be able to come into your house anymore!
Cust: Oh, I can get rid of him...
Her: Of course you can!

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I have to be honest and admit that every time I hear something about witches and black magic and the like...I picture the scene from Adams Family Values of Grandmama cursing Debbie with a skull, then handing it to her and blowing a kiss as she leaves.

That...or the "witch shop" owner I talk to now and then (they sell quills and such, so of course I go there) talking, in the sweetest voice imaginable, to another customer.
Customer: Do you have anything to maybe help with my problem with my father in law?
Her: Sure, use this banishing spell. He won't be able to come into your house anymore!
Cust: Oh, I can get rid of him...
Her: Of course you can!

I never actually watched that show but I know the theme song. It's the 1 with the girl named Wednesday, right?

I think of Once Upon a Time bc there's a lot of plot lines about black magic / dark magic. It used to be a really fun show then it got unwatchable bc it was just too silly. But basically there's good magic & there's black magic. So Emma the main character starts off with good powers bc her parents are Prince Charming & Snow White (lol) but then she turns evil & practices black magic. Idk what happens next bc I stopped watching.

There was this lady who used to be here who ranted about HP & thought it was getting kids into witchcraft but she'd never read any of the books herself. Literally every single person my age I know IRL has read HP & nobody is into witchcraft. Idk what it could even be IRL bc all the fictional stuff involves hocus pocus powers. Like being able to make people shrink & stuff.

Upvote 0

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
All the same to me -- I do prefer my stakes well-done, a flagon of mead, and a salad I can push around with a fork under the pretense of eating.
Since we're talking about witches and all... Is this a typo or a cleverly hidden pun? I have to ask especially since you like them burnt.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Since we're talking about witches and all... Is this a typo or a cleverly hidden pun? I have to ask especially since you like them burnt.

I was about to blame it on autocorrect, but a pun? Yeah... let's go with that.

Reactions: Fenny the Fox
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What is black magic IRL bc I've only ever heard about it on Disney movies & TV shows?

The first two words of the title of a Carlos Santana song?

-CryptoLutheran

• Haha
Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The first two words of the title of a Carlos Santana song?

-CryptoLutheran
Great! I'll have that stuck in my head for the rest of the day now...

*Goes around singing it under my breath the rest of the day*

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟321,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Set a good example. Maybe more would turn to God .Don't be a hypocrite. This is what I see. So why would someone stay a Christian. I'm sure young people see Christians being hypocrites every day.
Isn't judging Christians with such a broad brush hypocrisy?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Great! I'll have that stuck in my head for the rest of the day now...

*Goes around singing it under my breath the rest of the day*

*plays air guitar*

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.