✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Please elaborate
In general - Wiccans aren't trying to recruit or convert anyone. The idea of saving someone from Hell by converting them to your religion is foreign to the religion. Christians have the great commission, but Wiccans, Druids, and other Pagans generally have no command from their god to convert people.

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[
Because they are religions.

Why not mention them to 6th graders?
For the same reason that you wouldn't introduce something that's harmful to a child's well being

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In general - Wiccans aren't trying to recruit or convert anyone. The idea of saving someone from Hell by converting them to your religion is foreign to the religion. Christians have the great commission, but Wiccans, Druids, and other Pagans generally have no command from their god to convert people.
Yes of course it is foreign and of course there wouldn't be any great commission by their "god"

In fact better to be elusive to THE TRUTH

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What is black magic IRL bc I've only ever heard about it on Disney movies & TV shows?
If we're going to go with the traditional definition, "black magick" typically refers to non-religious magic or ritual. Generally it is the use of magic or ritual in an attempt to attain something that can be otherwise acquired by mundane means.

For example: Faith healing is an attempt to magically cure someone and would be considered black magic.

As for whether or not it works...we can show that faith healers are frauds that prey on the desperate.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If we're going to go with the traditional definition, "black magick" typically refers to non-religious magic or ritual. Generally it is the use of magic or ritual in an attempt to attain something that can be otherwise acquired by mundane means.

For example: Faith healing is an attempt to magically cure someone and would be considered black magic.

As for whether or not it works...we can show that faith healers are frauds that prey on the desperate.

Gen'rals gathered in their masses,
Just like witches at black masses...

Reactions: Desk trauma
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It refers to anything that goes against what is pure worship before GOD

It's like bringing "strange fire" before GOD

It's like coming before the altar uncovered

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

That's what happened when CHRIST cast out demons.
Men making the wrong judgement about what is good and attributing that good to the father of lies

If one is healed through prayer. One should be able to make a right judgement and give glory to the ONE WHO IS GOOD

Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
With the OP's permission, I'm copying this from a thread from the Christians-only section.

"Full Title: Many Young Adults Are Turning To Witchcraft As A Way To Rebel Against Their Conservative Christian Upbringings

The Washington Standard
March 14th 2017

Young adults in America are far less likely to identify themselves as “Christians” than previous generations of Americans, but that does not mean that they have given up on searching for spiritual meaning in their lives. According to Wikipedia, one very popular form of witchcraft known as Wicca has been growing at a rate of more than 100 percent annually in recent years, and this has been happening at a time when Christianity has been in decline in the United States. Of course other pagan and occult groups have been exploding in popularity as well, and as you will see below, one of the primary reasons for this is because many young adults are seeking ways to rebel against their conservative Christian upbringings.

I have written much about how young adults in this country are far more politically liberal than their parents and grandparents, and this enormous cultural shift in values has a spiritual dimension to it as well.

A recent Barna Group study found that only 4 percent of Americans aged 18 to 29 have a Biblical worldview.

Only 4 percent.

The shocking truth is that the values of most Millennials much more easily fit into pagan spirituality than they do into most evangelical Christian churches.
If you want to sleep around with as many people as possible, that is okay in witchcraft. If you want to take drugs and get high every day, that is okay in witchcraft. If you want to be a radical pro-abortion feminist, that is okay in witchcraft. If you want to be a gay transsexual exhibitionist, that is okay in witchcraft.

Poster comment: Perhaps this is why see such a surge in troubled youth on our prayer walls and Exploring Christianity."

Link here: Many Young Adults Are Turning To Witchcraft As A Way To Rebel Against Their Conservative Christian Upbringings - The Washington Standard

Thoughts?
Not anything new really. Back in the 60's they did the same thing. Joining LaVey's Church of Satan and calling themselves witches.

Families are being compromised by laws and new perverse social norms. Schools are telling kids in class meetings that discipline is child abuse. And that includes a parent raising their voice. Report them child! And the kid does as soon as they get to school.
I work with a woman who's child did this to her. A single mom because the father died in a car accident. The child blamed the mom who was driving. But it was the other drivers fault. Since then the kid's been on a search and destroy mission. Searching for anything that can hurt mom including reporting child abuse.
School counselor called CPS, CPS investigated and found nothing . Now the kid's borrowing witchcraft books from friends and etching pentagrams on her skin with permanent sharpie markers. Last week she claimed she felt like a boy on the inside. Then she turned and kissed her best friend, a girl, who was over at the house for homework study hall.

No, this isn't anything new. Just the latest news rehashing an old problem. I feel sorry for the families.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not anything new really. Back in the 60's they did the same thing. Joining LaVey's Church of Satan and calling themselves witches.

Families are being compromised by laws and new perverse social norms. Schools are telling kids in class meetings that discipline is child abuse. And that includes a parent raising their voice. Report them child! And the kid does as soon as they get to school.
I work with a woman who's child did this to her. A single mom because the father died in a car accident. The child blamed the mom who was driving. But it was the other drivers fault. Since then the kid's been on a search and destroy mission. Searching for anything that can hurt mom including reporting child abuse.
School counselor called CPS, CPS investigated and found nothing . Now the kid's borrowing witchcraft books from friends and etching pentagrams on her skin with permanent sharpie markers. Last week she claimed she felt like a boy on the inside. Then she turned and kissed her best friend, a girl, who was over at the house for homework study hall.

No, this isn't anything new. Just the latest news rehashing an old problem. I feel sorry for the families.
So do I

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Indeed -- and we were talking earlier about the difference between the "trendy" pagans and those who are sincerely searching for something different.

The trendy ones are no problem -- they'll come back when the novelty wears off.

A bit of hyperbole, I suspect -- but certainly there are at least a few norms that were once accepted that are now "perverse." So let's not pretend it's all bad.

The only constant in the universe is change -- fighting it is something like trying to stop the tide with a mop.

Sounds like the kid's got some deeper problems... and needs help that she probably won't get -- therapy being high on the list of "perverse" things, I suspect.

Upvote 0

Freedom~Sprite

America is free! If U R opposed U R Free to LEAVE!
Feb 11, 2017
Miami
✟16,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Indeed -- and we were talking earlier about the difference between the "trendy" pagans and those who are sincerely searching for something different.

The trendy ones are no problem -- they'll come back when the novelty wears off.
Like unto the 60's no doubt.

A bit of hyperbole, I suspect -- but certainly there are at least a few norms that were once accepted that are now "perverse." So let's not pretend it's all bad.
Suspect when it is your own post. Meanwhile, when I sat in on the PTA meeting wherein that new program was discussed and then I sat in on the school assembly wherein the policy was announced to the children , it is bad.

The only constant in the universe is change -- fighting it is something like trying to stop the tide with a mop.
Yes, if that was the dismissive that allowed for apathy we'd all be speaking with a British accent.

Sounds like the kid's got some deeper problems... and needs help that she probably won't get -- therapy being high on the list of "perverse" things, I suspect.
They're in therapy. The therapist suggested the mom allow the child free expression. But at least the therapist didn't call therapy perverse so that's a plus.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
[

For the same reason that you wouldn't introduce something that's harmful to a child's well being
Again, if all religions other than Christianity damn their adherents why is including neopaganism in a comparative religion class any more dangerous than the inclusion of any other religion?

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It refers to anything that goes against what is pure worship before GOD

It's like bringing "strange fire" before GOD

It's like coming before the altar uncovered
Uh...no. I think you've confused arson and public exposure with black magic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's what happened when CHRIST cast out demons.
Men making the wrong judgement about what is good and attributing that good to the father of lies

If one is healed through prayer. One should be able to make a right judgement and give glory to the ONE WHO IS GOOD
If you have cancer, you'll have a better chance of surviving if you seek medical treatment than if you try to pray the cancer away.

I guess I have to show you that faith healers are actually con-men that prey on the desperate.

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

What do you think ought to be done about this child?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uh...no. I think you've confused arson and public exposure with black magic.
No I'm not confused

If one doesn't have the RIGHT
covering before GOD, he is uncovered in his own sins

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you have cancer, you'll have a better chance of surviving if you seek medical treatment than if you try to pray the cancer away.

I guess I have to show you that faith healers are actually con-men that prey on the desperate.

Please. I know the difference between what I am responsible to do and what is left to GOD

I assure you I will seek medical attention and all the while pray

I will neglect neither

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think ought to be done about this child?
Pray for them
Her mother should pray for GOD's forgiveness and mercy on her daughter. Her mother should pray in the name of the Lord Jesus that HIS NAME protect her and her child from evil

Her mother should never stop praying. She should go about loving her child with a quiet spirit understanding GOD's sovereignty in all things and her mother, in the quiet of Her inner being should pray for her daughter's salvation

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.