Many will say to Him in that Day "Lord, Lord"...

orbiter

Apr 1, 2016
Fl
✟75,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peace.

“Sardis” means “red ones”. Interestingly, the meaning of “Adam” means “red” as well.

Revelation 3:1-2 KJV
(1) And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

We can go back to the beginning and see a connection here between Adam and the church in Sardis.

Jesus tells the church in Sardis that He speaks with the seven Spirits of God (being full of the Spirit of God).

The VOICE (Jesus) of the LORD God also walked in the garden in the “cool” of the Day in the Beginning. “Cool” = Spirit. Day = the Day of Judgment. The voice of Jesus Christ speaks in the Day of Judgment with the 7 Spirits of God (His fullness).

Genesis 3:8 KJV
(8) And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

It was the Day of Judgment for them and today if we hear His voice, we are to hear and believe in what He has to say as He opens up the Scriptures to our hearing ears. (Let him who has an ear to hear, hear…..hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches).

But Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence (FACE) of the LORD God among the “TREE” (singular in Hebrew) of the garden.

Which tree could this be?

That would be the Tree of Life that they hid within.

In other words, they hid (like some in Sardis) behind their name/reputation that they were “alive” but were really dead as they did not produce works that manifested their faith. Faith without good works is “dead” as the body without the spirit is dead.

The LORD God called out unto Adam and said unto him, “Where are you?” Where is the outward manifestation of your faith through good works (the showing forth of love, peace, joy, kindness, etc)? Where is the evidence of your faith?

Genesis 3 KJV
(9) And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
(10) And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

“…I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.” Professing one’s faith in God without the accompanying outward showing of the evidence of that inward faith is “dead”. God called out to Adam and Adam did not respond with the outward showing of his faith. He hid it.

So the church in Sardis professed their faith outwardly but did not have good works toward the hearing of the VOICE of the full Spirit of God which causes Jesus to instruct the church in Sardis in this matter.

As Jesus said, their “works” were not complete before God.

Revelation 3:2-3 KJV
(2) Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
(3) Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Good works COMPLETES our faith in Him. Faith without good works is “dead”.

James 2:19-26 KJV
(19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
(20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
(21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Our outward showing of good works of our professed faith makes us complete in before God. We are "dead" without this evidence of our inward faith. Words alone will not save us.

(22) Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
(23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
(24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
(25) Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Again, faith without works is dead…..as the church in Sardis was told (thou art dead) who did not have any outward works of their inward faith.

(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Those who will overcome their wrath in what they hear the Spirit saying unto the churches shall be clothed in “white raiment”….that is, righteous works .

The white raiment is the outward wearing of good works which is evidence of our faith in Him. We “put on” the Lord Jesus Christ and cast off the works of darkness.

Revelation 3:4-6 KJV
(4) Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
(5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

This is crucial to HEAR what the Spirit of Truth says and not contend with it in our wrath and unbelief of what we hear in favor of what our "church" has taught us.

(6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches

Jesus comes along and tells us that we are without works of righteousness. He comes to open the eyes of our understanding.

Yet, we see that Adam and his wife responded to this revelation about their spiritual condition with the “sewing of fig leaves together” and making themselves aprons.

Genesis 3:7 KJV
(7) And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

They did not produce any fruit but only leaves to cover themselves with. We must produce fruits of righteousness and not just professions of our faith. We must show forth our faith and not cover ourselves with platitudes such as “Lord, Lord” only.

MANY will say to Him in the DAY (the “cool”/Spirit of the Day) of Judgment, “Lord, Lord” and will not do the will of His Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:21-23 KJV
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works
?

They will show that they do not know the Son nor the Father because of their evil deeds done towards the hearing of the Spirit of Truth.

(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This is also what Adam and his wife had did as they did “hide” from the presence of God…that is, from His FACE…in the center of the Tree of Life (by saying that they were “alive” when they were really “dead” as faith without good works is dead).

(8) And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Jesus tell us in “Laodicea”….meaning the “people of the Judgment” ….that we are “naked” (without true works of righteousness) in the Day of Judgment.

Adam and his wife made “aprons” for themselves. That is, they felt secure in the professions of their faith without the accompanied producing of the outward fruits of righteousness after hearing from the Voice of the Lord that told them that they were “naked”…without true works of righteousness.

Revelation 3:14-22 KJV
(14) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
(15) I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
(16) So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
(17) Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Have faith in what one shall hear the Spirit of Truth saying as those things that we shall hear shall try what we believe in today. The things that we shall hear shall produce either good works or bad. We should hear and put on Jesus Christ at the hearing of His voice (the white raiment….the outward manifestation of our faith through good works ). We are to believe (buying of Him gold tried in the fire of His rebuke of us).

We must be found of Him clothed with outward good works when we hear His voice telling us that we are spiritually poor and destitute of the Truth. It will challenge us but we must overcome our desires to fight and contend with it in our wrath and unbelief which is the outward speaking of our “shame”.

We must put on Jesus Christ….the works of righteousness…the white raiment . We shall then be able to “see” if we can overcome those things as we shall be given the Bread from Heaven….the knowledge from above.

(18) I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
(19) As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
(21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches. We must hear the Spirit in the Day of Judgment. This is a crucial statement repeated to each church. It is about hearing the Spirit speaking to us in the Day of Judgment. Whoever hears, more shall be given....more heavenly knowledge.

(22) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Some will come forth when they hear His Voice walking in the “cool”/Spirit of the Day of Judgment and DO GOOD (produce fruits of righteousness) unto the standing up of Life.

They will come out of the "graves"…being dead in trespasses and sins (without having true works of righteousness). They will come forth….showing forth their outward manifestation of their faith in Him as they will respond to the hearing of His voice with good unto life. Having no true works of righteousness is being in the "grave" as our faith is truly not being manifested as we sit in "churches" of men where there is no righteousness.

Those who will hear His voice and do evil will be then judged in the Day of Judgment.

John 5:28-29 KJV
(28) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

(29) And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 7:21 - Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

John 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Upvote 0

JohnD70X7

Feb 10, 2021
Southwest
✟56,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John 6:28–29 (NASB95)
28 Therefore they said to Him, “What shall we do, so that we may work the works of God?”
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Peace.

“Sardis” means “red ones”. Interestingly, the meaning of “Adam” means “red” as well.

Revelation 3:1-2 KJV
(1) And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.

We can go back to the beginning and see a connection here between Adam and the church in Sardis.

Jesus tells the church in Sardis that He speaks with the seven Spirits of God (being full of the Spirit of God).

The VOICE (Jesus) of the LORD God also walked in the garden in the “cool” of the Day in the Beginning. “Cool” = Spirit. Day = the Day of Judgment. The voice of Jesus Christ speaks in the Day of Judgment with the 7 Spirits of God (His fullness).

It was the Day of Judgment for them and today if we hear His voice, we are to hear and believe in what He has to say as He opens up the Scriptures to our hearing ears. (Let him who has an ear to hear, hear…..hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches).

But Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence (FACE) of the LORD God among the “TREE” (singular in Hebrew) of the garden.

Which tree could this be?

That would be the Tree of Life that they hid within.

In other words, they hid (like some in Sardis) behind their name/reputation that they were “alive” but were really dead as they did not produce works that manifested their faith. Faith without good works is “dead” as the body without the spirit is dead.

The LORD God called out unto Adam and said unto him, “Where are you?” Where is the outward manifestation of your faith through good works (the showing forth of love, peace, joy, kindness, etc)? Where is the evidence of your faith?

Genesis 3 KJV
(9) And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?
(10) And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

“…I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead.” Professing one’s faith in God without the accompanying outward showing of the evidence of that inward faith is “dead”. God called out to Adam and Adam did not respond with the outward showing of his faith. He hid it.

So the church in Sardis professed their faith outwardly but did not have good works toward the hearing of the VOICE of the full Spirit of God which causes Jesus to instruct the church in Sardis in this matter.

As Jesus said, their “works” were not complete before God.

Revelation 3:2-3 KJV
(2) Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.
(3) Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Good works COMPLETES our faith in Him. Faith without good works is “dead”.

James 2:19-26 KJV
(19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
(20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
(21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

Our outward showing of good works of our professed faith makes us complete in before God. We are "dead" without this evidence of our inward faith. Words alone will not save us.

(22) Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
(23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
(24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
(25) Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Again, faith without works is dead…..as the church in Sardis was told (thou art dead) who did not have any outward works of their inward faith.

(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Those who will overcome their wrath in what they hear the Spirit saying unto the churches shall be clothed in “white raiment”….that is, righteous works .

The white raiment is the outward wearing of good works which is evidence of our faith in Him. We “put on” the Lord Jesus Christ and cast off the works of darkness.

Revelation 3:4-6 KJV
(4) Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
(5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

This is crucial to HEAR what the Spirit of Truth says and not contend with it in our wrath and unbelief of what we hear in favor of what our "church" has taught us.

(6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches

Jesus comes along and tells us that we are without works of righteousness. He comes to open the eyes of our understanding.

Yet, we see that Adam and his wife responded to this revelation about their spiritual condition with the “sewing of fig leaves together” and making themselves aprons.

Genesis 3:7 KJV
(7) And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

They did not produce any fruit but only leaves to cover themselves with. We must produce fruits of righteousness and not just professions of our faith. We must show forth our faith and not cover ourselves with platitudes such as “Lord, Lord” only.

MANY will say to Him in the DAY (the “cool”/Spirit of the Day) of Judgment, “Lord, Lord” and will not do the will of His Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 7:21-23 KJV
(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works
?

They will show that they do not know the Son nor the Father because of their evil deeds done towards the hearing of the Spirit of Truth.

(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

This is also what Adam and his wife had did as they did “hide” from the presence of God…that is, from His FACE…in the center of the Tree of Life (by saying that they were “alive” when they were really “dead” as faith without good works is dead).

Jesus tell us in “Laodicea”….meaning the “people of the Judgment” ….that we are “naked” (without true works of righteousness) in the Day of Judgment.

Adam and his wife made “aprons” for themselves. That is, they felt secure in the professions of their faith without the accompanied producing of the outward fruits of righteousness after hearing from the Voice of the Lord that told them that they were “naked”…without true works of righteousness.

Revelation 3:14-22 KJV
(14) And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
(15) I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
(16) So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
(17) Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

Have faith in what one shall hear the Spirit of Truth saying as those things that we shall hear shall try what we believe in today. The things that we shall hear shall produce either good works or bad. We should hear and put on Jesus Christ at the hearing of His voice (the white raiment….the outward manifestation of our faith through good works ). We are to believe (buying of Him gold tried in the fire of His rebuke of us).

We must be found of Him clothed with outward good works when we hear His voice telling us that we are spiritually poor and destitute of the Truth. It will challenge us but we must overcome our desires to fight and contend with it in our wrath and unbelief which is the outward speaking of our “shame”.

We must put on Jesus Christ….the works of righteousness…the white raiment . We shall then be able to “see” if we can overcome those things as we shall be given the Bread from Heaven….the knowledge from above.

(18) I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
(19) As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
(20) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
(21) To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says unto the churches. We must hear the Spirit in the Day of Judgment. This is a crucial statement repeated to each church. It is about hearing the Spirit speaking to us in the Day of Judgment. Whoever hears, more shall be given....more heavenly knowledge.

(22) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Some will come forth when they hear His Voice walking in the “cool”/Spirit of the Day of Judgment and DO GOOD (produce fruits of righteousness) unto the standing up of Life.

They will come out of the "graves"…being dead in trespasses and sins (without having true works of righteousness). They will come forth….showing forth their outward manifestation of their faith in Him as they will respond to the hearing of His voice with good unto life. Having no true works of righteousness is being in the "grave" as our faith is truly not being manifested as we sit in "churches" of men where there is no righteousness.

Those who will hear His voice and do evil will be then judged in the Day of Judgment.

John 5:28-29 KJV
(28) Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

(29) And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

This is a long post, too long IMHO. I didn't have to read very far to find an error: "Adam" means "man", not "red". "Esau" means red. That's where I stopped reading...

Upvote 0