Many Will Be Deceived....But Not Me!!........

Tim Myers

Mar 26, 2011
✟2,382.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
One of the things that always "gets to me" whenever Christians discuss the subject of "Deception" or "Being Deceived" is how they always seem to look at it like it will be the other person who will be deceived......

Believers are, in one form or another, always saying things like "Many will be deceived..." or "Take heed that ye be not deceived....," but they never seem to include themselves anywhere in the equation....

I do not know if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon besides me.....but it does seem to be quite common and widespread..........

There are literally dozens and dozens of examples that I could use to illustrate and validate my point here, but let us take one of the more recent instances of what I am talking about here......

Does anyone recall Harold Camping?? Do you happen to remember the date May 21, 2011??

And the thing about that particularly silly deception was the fact that Harold Camping was not the only Christian believer who believed Harold Camping.....

And, in my opinion, that was an OBVIOUS deception that any believer who only halfway knew their way around a Bible should have been able to see through and not been taken in by it....

If Christian believers can fall for a ridiculous deception like Harold Camping's "Doomsday In May," then how in the world are they ever going to be able to avoid being deceived by something far more clever and deceptive??

Because the next time they quote "Many will be deceived..." they might just be talking about themselves.....

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
One of the things that always "gets to me" whenever Christians discuss the subject of "Deception" or "Being Deceived" is how they always seem to look at it like it will be the other person who will be deceived......

Believers are, in one form or another, always saying things like "Many will be deceived..." or "Take heed that ye be not deceived....," but they never seem to include themselves anywhere in the equation....

I do not know if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon besides me.....but it does seem to be quite common and widespread..........

There are literally dozens and dozens of examples that I could use to illustrate and validate my point here, but let us take one of the more recent instances of what I am talking about here......

Does anyone recall Harold Camping?? Do you happen to remember the date May 21, 2011??

And the thing about that particularly silly deception was the fact that Harold Camping was not the only Christian believer who believed Harold Camping.....

And, in my opinion, that was an OBVIOUS deception that any believer who only halfway knew their way around a Bible should have been able to see through and not been taken in by it....

If Christian believers can fall for a ridiculous deception like Harold Camping's "Doomsday In May," then how in the world are they ever going to be able to avoid being deceived by something far more clever and deceptive??

Because the next time they quote "Many will be deceived..." they might just be talking about themselves.....
Exactly ...

... little different from the need to take the beam out of one's own eye ...
Luke 6:41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
We're all blinded ... in some ways.

... a little humility helps one to deal with it. After all, it's difficult to fix a problem until it's recognized ... and difficult to recognize a problem unless one admits the possibility that it might exist.
Matthew 18:1 At the same time came the disciples unto Jesus, saying, Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?
2 And Jesus called a little child unto him, and set him in the midst of them,
3 And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
Hmm ... humility-->truth ... pride-->deception ...

Upvote 0

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Those of us that may be deceived are God's children...followers, believers. We are those Satan makes war with...the called, the elect. He enters the battle with deception.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

That goes against the "once saved always saved" teaching. How do we make our election "sure?" By allowing His Spirit to teach us from the Word of the Lord...not from man's word. We learn from others, (receive the word with all readiness of mind), that the Spirit speaks to and through but must always search the Scriptures....

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of Me.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

The teaching of rapture and the end of the world...Campings teaching of May 21,2011 was false. All rapture teaching is false and yet folks love to have their itching ears soothed with the sweet promise. Was the date wrong? What do the Scriptures say?

Upvote 0

zeke37

IMO...
May 24, 2007
✟20,694.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

When folks question this, i like to quote Rev14...
only 144,000 are redeemed from the earth/among men....
since the bible uses some much larger numbers, this is a drop in the bucket compared to the entireChristian population of the earth, even if it is symbolic.

The "professing" fence sitters of the church are the only ones who can be deceived

These are not saved in the first place

The true believer cannot be deceived
lol. I guess that is why there are so many end time warnings of not to be deceived...lol.
Utter rubbish.
agreed.
:thumbsup: LOL.

I find myself in full agreement with ya, KerrMetric ... :scratch:

agreed.
What is the world coming to? I'm in agreement with KerrMetric too. :clap:
"Utter Rubbish." :amen:
more agreement among brethren!

Upvote 0
T

Truth Files

Romans
8:38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians
6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Matthew
24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

It is not possible to deceive one who belongs to Jesus Christ

To think that it is possible is of the devil's wishful thinking

If he has persuaded you to think that a true believer can be deceived ..... you have fallen for his deception

And in this case you are deceived ..... and he knows why .... because you do not belong to Jesus Christ in the first place

Only those who display a "christian" fronting and are not saved can be deceived along with the rest of the unbelieving world

Satan's double talk is a deadly trapping for the fence sitter who thinks they are saved ..... and are not

Most of professing "church" are not saved today because they have been willingly been deceived

..... very hard to leave this position for those who are trapped [Romans 3:15-19]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Only those who display a "christian" fronting and are not saved can be deceived along with the rest of the unbelieving world

Satan's double talk is a deadly trapping for the fence sitter who thinks they are saved ..... and are not

Most of professing "church" are not saved today because they have been willingly been deceived
Truth Files, what disagreement exists here involves the definition of "true believer". The term is often applied to one who accepts at face value without question, but has no deep understanding or appreciation of that which is taught ... as in the parable of the sower ...
Matthew 13:20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Upvote 0
T

Truth Files

"Truth Files, what disagreement exists here involves the definition of "true believer". The term is often applied to one who accepts at face value without question, but has no deep understanding or appreciation of that which is taught ... as in the parable of the sower"

>A true believer is one who actually has a relationship with Jesus Christ ..... this is possible

>Those who genuinely seek this relationship will find it and as these grow in the faith they will pursue and increase their understanding of His Word with His guidance in the process

>This understanding is a part of the journey for the true believer and all are at some level on the learning curve .... they never cease to seek and perfect their knowledge of the Lord's views and communication ..... they live for it

>So they ardently seek and proceed to grow in knowledge to maturity .... one can know them by their outward values and behavior

>But many hear the Word and never plant, never take root, but go through the motions for what ever reasons .... these are unsaved, think that they are, and therefore vulnerable to a variety of deceptions

>The professing church is full of them today .... you know them, and I know them

>Sometimes entire church organizations and movements are composed of these who have been deceived by false teaching .... and they choose to take the broad road themselves

>The Lord has said to those who have ears let them hear Him in spirit and truth

>But many have itching ears and will listen to almost anything that impresses them

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brak

Jan 12, 2011
✟16,544.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
The thing is, Truth Files has the Bible behind him.

Matthew 24:24
24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Jesus said false prophets would come for the purpose of deceiving the elect--IF THAT WERE POSSIBLE. You can't deceive the elect out of their salvation. They're elect. That's what Jesus said.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
>A true believer is one who actually has a relationship with Jesus Christ ..... this is possible
I understand your thinking here, Truth Files. I'm merely attempting to explain to you how your terminology is often interpreted. Words are important after all. There's a famous book called the "True Believer". http://www.erichoffer.net/
Eric Hoffer was a self-educated longshoreman who came to fame in the 1950's with the publication of his first book, The True Believer. a caustic analysis of the nature of mass movements and those who are driven to join them, the true believer did what few other books of the mid-twentieth century could: it helped expose the hidden causes of the tumultuous events that nearly destroyed our world at that time. hoffer said of the 1930's, "it colors my thinking and shapes my attitude toward events. i can never forget that one of the most gifted, best educated nations in the world, of its own free will, surrendered its fate into the hands of a maniac."

The true believer, though, is not solely concerned with the rise of nazi germany, but with the origination of all mass movements, destructive or creative. and more importantly, it is concerned with the main ingredient of such movements, the frustrated individual. the book probes into the psychology of the frustrated and dissatisfied, those who would eagerly sacrifice themselves for any cause that might give their meaningless lives some sense of significance. the alienated seek to lose themselves in these movements by adopting those fanatical attitudes that are, according to hoffer, fundamentally "a flight from the self."
Notice also the association with Nazi Germany.

Upvote 0

NvxiaLee

May 19, 2011
✟905.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

What's the difference between someone believing Harold Camping's Doomsday OCTOBER 21, and believing that the country of Israel has anything to do with Bible prophecy?

He's sure, you're sure. Neither stands up to reason, but the advocates of both are totally sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chris4243

Advocate of Truth
Mar 6, 2011
✟2,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The thing is, Truth Files has the Bible behind him.

Matthew 24:24
24 For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Jesus said false prophets would come for the purpose of deceiving the elect--IF THAT WERE POSSIBLE. You can't deceive the elect out of their salvation. They're elect. That's what Jesus said.

1) that does not actually say that it is not possible to deceive any of the elect (which may or may not be the same as "believers" or "Christians"), though clearly at least some of these elect won't be deceived. Maybe only 144,000 people won't be deceived?

2) "Christians" are definitely deceived in various things, as can be noted by the doctrinal differences of the various denominations, in many cases with the Christians in question claiming to be certain that their version is true.

Upvote 0

Brak

Jan 12, 2011
✟16,544.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
2) "Christians" are definitely deceived in various things, as can be noted by the doctrinal differences of the various denominations, in many cases with the Christians in question claiming to be certain that their version is true.

That is actually the point that was being made. If you really dig down into the essence of Jesus was trying to tell you, He is saying that false prophets may lie and deceive, but they will never rob you of your salvation. His protective arm is around you; you're not going anywhere. However, you can be deceived about various things, and you need to be on the lookout for that. And especially you don't want to be fooled into serving Satan's interests. Jesus understands that you were well-meaning and that you were fooled, but still, you don't want to do it.

I know--I was one. I was deceived about the whole Israel thing. I admit it. Never at any time was I ever fooled into following another Gospel. I was fooled about Israel. It was only through the same humility that brought me to the realization that I'm a sinner and need Jesus that I came to realize (and admit) I was DEAD WRONG!!

That doesn't mean I see now that modern-day Israel has nothing to do with prophecy, though--it has PLENTY to do with prophecy. Just not the ones you might think:

Revelation 17
8 The beast, which you saw, once was, now is not, and yet will come up out of the Abyss and go to its destruction. The inhabitants of the earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the creation of the world will be astonished when they see the beast, because it once was, now is not, and yet will come.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Tim - Since I have a thread with the same exact title, in the Non-Denominational forum, I have to assume that you are talking about me. Here are a few points about the jist of that thread.
At no time, did I ever say that I was immune from being deceived.
However, in my opinion, those people who believe in the Rapture have already been deceived. They have the opinion that they will NOT have to worry about the antichrist or the Tribulation Period, because they don't believe that they will be here. There is no better way to deceive people than to have them believe that they are spiritually "special". When the antichrist arrives, no one, who believes in the Rapture, will believe that he is the antichrist because they have the opinion that, since they are still here, that it can't be him.
To the point here - The Elect consist of 144,000, 12,000 from EVERY Tribe of the House of Israel, except for Dan. Dan is excluded from this list because the antichrist will come from this Tribe. Compare the list of Tribes in Genesis Chapter 49 to the list in Revelations. You will see that Dan is excluded.
The Elect CANNOT be deceived. Everyone else can be or they will face almost certain death. Since Satan cannot defeat the Elect - The one and only TRUE Church of Jesus Christ - then he will make war against the rest of the believers of Jesus Christ, and he will defeat them. Who are the Elect? - Revelations says that they are first-born sons, who are also virgins.
No Christian will avoid this time. NONE. This will be your choice. Worship the antichrist or become a person with NO rights of any kind. You will be unable to buy or sell, keep your job, pay any of your bills, buy groceries, keep your kids in school, or anything that, at this time, would be considerd to be normal.
You will be treated like the Nazis treated the Jews, or worse - rounded up, put into jail and then, probably, a concentration camp, where you will face certain death. You will have NO rights.
There will be NO Rapture.
Forgive me if you were expecting peaches and cream - but that is not what any believer in Jesus Christ should expect. THAT is why "many will be deceived".

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There ya go. As the old country boy said, "Ain't nobody saved but me and thee, and I ain't all that sure about thee."

Upvote 0