• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Many strugles

cwdlmdd

Mar 21, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
✟378.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am sure everyone has heard this before, but I am doing everything that I can to find a job and with little money and high gas priceses I am very limited to what I can do. My wife and I are on a very limited income from her Soccial Security and retirement. We are not able to buy the medication that we both use on a daily bases. So we do with what ever the doctors can give us. And now my wife is having some other medical problem that the doctor is saying may be caused by stress, but I don't. She just had to have blood test done and is getting a CT scan soon. Hopefully it is nothing. We have been together for about 25 years now and I don't know what I would do with out her. She means everything to me. Please Pray for her!

devoted daughter

Mar 14, 2004
✟14,195.00
Faith
Christian
May the Lord be with you and your wife; may you both have courage and strength to persevere during these difficult times; may the Lord give you both healing and comfort; may your load be lightened that you may feel unburdened; may the doctors be guided to assist your wife; may you have resolution to help you to meet all of your needs; may you both have peace, and be comforted. INJC :prayer:

Here is a link to the prayer request thread if you might like to post there for additional prayers.

http://www.christianforums.com/f10-prayer-requests.html

Peace to you both, and God bless,
DD

Upvote 0

Rev Joe

Mar 24, 2005
Virginia
✟7,803.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Republican
cwdlmdd said:
I am sure everyone has heard this before, but I am doing everything that I can to find a job and with little money and high gas priceses I am very limited to what I can do. My wife and I are on a very limited income from her Soccial Security and retirement. We are not able to buy the medication that we both use on a daily bases. So we do with what ever the doctors can give us. And now my wife is having some other medical problem that the doctor is saying may be caused by stress, but I don't. She just had to have blood test done and is getting a CT scan soon. Hopefully it is nothing. We have been together for about 25 years now and I don't know what I would do with out her. She means everything to me. Please Pray for her!

:) This may sound unreal but have you gone to your hospital and talked to them about your income situation? Some "Not for Profit" hospitals have grants, etc to help people out with no/little income or with no/little medical coverage. Depending on the state you live in, Grants can come from the state for problems such as this. What about City/County Public Health Centers? You may get frustrated with their paper work but this is a source. Some Churches do talk to people who walk in asking for help. If they are not able they may have a reference to help you. Having to see my Wife, "My Best Friend" sick as such, would drive me crazy also. My Prayers as well as from others, I am sure, go out to you and your wife. I am a hospital chaplain and I have seen hospitals with special programs, not commonly known about, have ways of helping you with medical cost. Also I have people who come to me saying that a church they went to, and they were not even a member, opened their hearts to them and provided whatever assistance they could to help them. If going to a church or elsewhere I would take some kind of proof that you do have problems and are simply not just looking for a donation. "Let us Pray"!:pray:

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am also aware that some pharmaceutical companies offer help with certain medications. Contact the pharmaceutical company that manufactures the medications you need. I have a friend who needed glucophage for his diabetes and was between jobs and the company helped him out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cwdlmdd

Mar 21, 2005
Missouri
Visit site
✟378.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
chilibowl said:
do you think you being out of work causes the stress? how long have you been out of work?

I have been out of work for about a year now. Since 2002 I have had many medical problems that has slowed me down on looking for work and I thank my age has a lot to do with being hired right now. It seems a lot of companies at lest in my area of work don't want someone my age. I do some computer repair work on the side but it is not enough to make a difference. Which is my real passion, Computers are my biggest past time I love working on them. But I am really at a lose as to what to do.

SO far the doctor has not been able to figure out what is causing my wifes problems. I don't know if that is a good thing or not. But now she has to see a noraolgys and the only appointment that she could get is at the end of June which is just to far away I Think! So I am looking for other doctors hoping to get a appointment that is better.

Upvote 0