Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If is true that you need to do the sabbath to be saved, then Paul letters are encouraging people to get lost... think about that.

Paul says
1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God"
Rom 3:31 "Do we then make void the Law of God by our faith? God forbid! in fact we establish the LAW of God"

John says
1 John 5:2 "This IS the LOVE of God that we KEEP His commandments"

Jesus says
Matt 19 "KEEP the Commandments'

Revelation says
Rev 14:12 "the saints KEEP the commandments of God AND their faith in Jesus"

Paul writes that in the unit of TEN "'honor your father and mother' is the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2 -- but just because we are command "do not take God's name in vain" Ex 20:7 does not mean was "earn salvation" by complying with that Command from God's Word.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
. Considering though that it is no longer required to be circumcised and the dietary laws were struck down I can't agree that not observing a Saturday Sabbath can condemn one's soul to Hell.

It comes down to this -- Does The Word of God have the final say on subjects like this in your POV?

God's Word says "sin IS transgression of the Law" 1 John 3:4 and in the same book same author "These things I write that you sin not" 1 John 2:1

God is the one that sets the compass -- we can see it, and choose to follow as it points - but we can't change north and south.

Bible scholars in almost all Christian denominations on BOTH sides of the Sabbath topic freely admit that all TEN of the TEN Commandments are included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the NEW Covenant of Jer 31:31-34 and applicable even to the saints with "the Sabbath made for mankind" Mark 2:27.

Where they differ is in whether that Command from God can be "edited" and still be considered the same.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 16 "tomorrow IS the Sabbath"
Ex 20:10 "THE seventh day IS the Sabbath of the LORD (YWHW)" Ex 20:10

For 40 years manna fell only on 6 days and never on the 7th day.

This was clearly not a "pick your own day as your own Sabbath" arrangement that we see being taught in the Word of God.

Every reference to any kind of religious service on Sabbath in the NT is always without exception on that one day of the week even after the cross. (See Acts 18:4 for example, Acts 17:1-5, Acts 13 etc)

Yes, they had no reason to celebrate Jesus’ resurrection before He was crucified.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they had no reason to celebrate Jesus’ resurrection before He was crucified.
Jesus would have told someone if there was going to be a new day of worship. Jesus never said one word about any change to His Father’s commandments. Jesus was crucified for being accused of breaking the Sabbath commandment. A major change in God’s laws would have caused an upheaval. The fact there is not one word about this change tells you there wasn’t a change. Which is why Jesus told His disciples after He descends back to heaven He hopes their flight into the hills when persecution time comes would not be in winter or on the Sabbath day. Matthew 24:20 Would be a strange thing to say if the Sabbath was no more. Plus we see the Sabbath being the Lord’s choice day of worship for eternity Isaiah 66:23 as promised by God Exodus 31:16 Which is consistent with the entire bible from day seven of Creation. Genesis 2:1-3. What does not make sense is trying to insert Sunday when there is no scripture stating it is a day God blessed, sanctified, a day that is holy to God or to us, to justify following a tradition over one of God’s commandments and the one commandment God told us to Remember.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus would have told someone if there was going to be a new day of worship.

That’s an assumption. Jesus never told anyone that circumcision would be done away with.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That’s an assumption. Jesus never told anyone that circumcision would be done away with.

Sunday keeping is the assumption that has yet to be addressed by any scripture.

Circumcision is not one of the Ten Commandments and look how much discussion was on the change for circumcision. Jesus was persecuted over the accusation that He broke the Sabbath commandment and you think it would be silence for a change in this same law?

Paul tells us this about circumcision and for some reason no one wants to believe Paul here.

1 Cor 7:19 Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God is what matters.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Plus we see the Sabbath being the Lord’s choice day of worship for eternity Isaiah 66:23 as promised by God Exodus 31:16

As a perpetual (olam) covenant. Olam can mean ancient, long time, everlasting, frequently, or an age. Was that covenant everlasting for Gentiles? Are we as Gentiles under the Old Covenant, or are we under the New Covenant?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
As a perpetual (olam) covenant. Olam can mean ancient, long time, everlasting, frequently, or an age. Was that covenant everlasting for Gentiles? Are we as Gentiles under the Old Covenant, or are we under the New Covenant?
We are under the New Covenant- Gods law written on our hearts and minds. Jer 31:33, Hebrew 8:10 God's law which includes the Ten Commandments is written on our hearts. So the eternal covenant that God promised, the Sabbath and holy day of the Lord thy God continues in the New Covenant and forever as promised Isaiah 66:23

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Circumcision is not one of the Ten Commandments and look how much discussion was on the change for circumcision. Jesus was persecuted over the accusation that He broke the Sabbath commandment and you think it would be silence for a change in this same law?

A commandment of God is a commandment of God regardless of whether it was the 10 commandments or not. God gave a lot more than just 10 commandments to Moses in that very same conversation. The Passover was also to be observed in Exodus 12:17 where God used the same exact word olam. So are we as Gentiles required to observe the Passover as well?

• Useful
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A commandment of God is a commandment of God regardless of whether it was the 10 commandments or not. God gave a lot more than just 10 commandments to Moses in that very same conversation. The Passover was also to be observed in Exodus 12:17 where God used the same exact word olam. So are we as Gentiles required to observe the Passover as well?

God's Ten Commandments is like the constitution and God did not leave it up to anyone else to write His holy laws. God personally wrote the Ten Commandments which is on a different foundation than all other laws. No other laws or scripture did God personally write except for the Ten Commandments and only the Ten Commandments are stored inside the ark of the Covenant in the Most Holy of God's Temple. God had a temple on earth and one in heaven which also has the ark of the covenant. Revelations 11:19 Our bodies are the temple and dwelling place for the Holy Spirit which is given to keep these very laws. Acts 5:32, John 14:15-18

In the New Covenant all of God's laws including the Ten are written in our hearts and minds in the New Covenant. Hebrews 8:10, Jer. 31:33. Hebrews than goes on to define what changed in the New Covenant based on better promises (not laws). Jesus is our Mediator and High Priest now, no more burnt offering, annual feast days and sacrifices Hebrews 10 because Jesus was our perfect sacrifice. There is no where in the Bible where God's Ten Commandments are deleted. This is a false teaching and deception by the very spirit who told Eve she would not surely die if she ate from the Tree of Knowledge which is the exact opposite of what Gold told her and Adam. I know a lot of people would prefer to throw out nine of the ten commandments just so they don't have to obey the one commandment God told us to Remember. The question is should we follow the traditions of man or obey the commandments of God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are under the New Covenant- Gods law written on our hearts and minds. Jer 31:33, Hebrew 8:10 God's law which includes the Ten Commandments is written on our hearts.

Observing the Saturday Sabbath has not been written in my heart. I’ve never felt any conviction from the Holy Spirit for not resting on Saturday because I honor Christ on Sunday and my heart has always felt very blessed in doing that. Like I said before the conversation where God gave Moses the 10 commandments went on for 3 chapters of commandments.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God's Ten Commandments is like the constitution and God did not leave it up to anyone else to write His holy laws. God personally wrote the Ten Commandments which is on a different foundation than all other laws. No other laws or scripture did God personally write except for the Ten Commandments and only the Ten Commandments are stored inside the ark of the Covenant in the Most Holy of God's Temple. God had a temple on earth and one in heaven which also has the ark of the covenant. Revelations 11:19 Our bodies are the temple and dwelling place for the Holy Spirit which is given to keep these very laws. Acts 5:32, John 14:15-18

In the New Covenant all of God's laws including the Ten are written in our hearts and minds in the New Covenant. Hebrews 8:10, Jer. 31:33. Hebrews than goes on to define what changed in the New Covenant based on better promises (not laws). Jesus is our Mediator and High Priest now, no more burnt offering, annual feast days and sacrifices Hebrews 10 because Jesus was our perfect sacrifice. There is no where in the Bible where God's Ten Commandments are deleted. This is a false teaching and deception by the very spirit who told Eve she would not surely die if she ate from the Tree of Knowledge which is the exact opposite of what Gold told her and Adam. I know a lot of people would prefer to throw out nine of the ten commandments just so they don't have to obey the one commandment God told us to Remember. The question is should we follow the traditions of man or obey the commandments of God?

Ok but Jesus and the apostles specifically mentioned keeping every single one of the 10 commandments except the Saturday Sabbath. They never once told anyone to keep the Saturday Sabbath.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Observing the Saturday Sabbath has not been written in my heart. I’ve never felt any conviction from the Holy Spirit for not resting on Saturday because I honor Christ on Sunday and my heart has always felt very blessed in doing that. Like I said before the conversation where God gave Moses the 10 commandments went on for 3 chapters of commandments.
God is not going to force your to obey Him as we are given free will. I think the fact you are debating about the Sabbath commandment on a regular basis shows the Holy Spirit is trying to reach you. Typically we don't spend a lot time on things we do not believe in unless it's brothering our conscious. When we harden our hearts from obeying the commandments of God its harder for the Spirit to reach us. Try praying for God's will and not your own and see what happens. You declined to watch a documentary on the history of Christians, not sure how the Holy Spirit is supposed to reach you if you are not open. If the documentary does not match what is written in the scriptures, than you can produce an argument. I would be concerned there is no commandment telling me to keep holy the first day and it is not the holy day of the Lord thy God. I would be open to all information searching the scriptures like the apostles told us to test ourselves that we are in the faith. Corinthians 13:5 Isaiah 8:20 To the law and to the testimony! If they do not speak according to this word, it is because there is no light in them. God bless

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok but Jesus and the apostles specifically mentioned keeping every single one of the 10 commandments except the Saturday Sabbath. They never once told anyone to keep the Saturday Sabbath.
God's laws written in the heart and mind which of course includes the 4th commandment. Jer. 31:33, Hebrews 8:10. Jesus and the disciples keeping the Sabbath as our example. And right in Hebrews says there remains the Sabbath keeping for the people of God.
"He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: 'And God rested on the seventh day from all His works.' There remains therefore a rest ["keeping of a sabbath," margin] for the people of God. For he who has entered His rest has himself also ceased from his works as God did from His" (Hebrews 4:4, 9, 10).

We see the future application of this as well Isaiah 66:23

Hope this helps. God bless

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hebrews than goes on to define what changed in the New Covenant based on better promises (not laws). Jesus is our Mediator and High Priest now, no more burnt offering, annual feast days and sacrifices Hebrews 10 because Jesus was our perfect sacrifice

Ok but Paul said “Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭2:16-17‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

SDA not only teaches that we must keep the Sabbath but that we must also observe the dietary laws as well. Am I correct? Paul said right here that neither are necessary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is not going to force your to obey Him as we are given free will. I think the fact you are debating about the Sabbath commandment on a regular basis shows the Holy Spirit is trying to reach you.

No that would be incorrect. The reason I debate these threads is to present the evidence for others so that they don't make the same mistake. The apostles established the churches for a reason. It wasn’t their idea, it was God’s.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Ok but Paul said“Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.”
We have to read this in context.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The Sabbath commandment is not an ordinance, it is a commandment of God and the Sabbath is a day of holy rest a blessing and delight Isaiah 58:13-14 so it is not against us. What is being talked about here?

There are two sabbath in the bible. The weekly Sabbath that is a commandment of God and the holy day of the Lord thy God that was given before sin. There is the yearly sabbath(s) festivals that was given after sin was introduced and was written in the law of Moses in ordinances and is about food and drink. Was placed on the side of the ark (not inside) because it was against us Deut 29:20-21, Gal 3:10

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

So we are not to be judged in meat and drink offerings -sabbath(s) festivals

Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The weekly Sabbath is different from all the other feasts and holy convocations (see Leviticus 23:37, 38) in that it originated at creation (Genesis 2:1-3), whereas the annual feasts and "sabbaths" had their origin with the Jewish nation. The seventh-day Sabbath "was made for man" (Mark 2:27), and hence is of obligation for all men forever; the annual feasts were made for the Jews and ceased to be of obligation when type met Antitype at the death of Christ (Colossians 2:16, 17). The seventh-day Sabbath is incorporated in the law of God, the Ten Commandments, His constitution for this world. Because it was made before sin entered, it will remain after sin is no more (Isaiah 66:22, 23). On the other hand, the annual Jewish feasts were of only temporal, local, ceremonial application, fitted to conditions in Palestine, and could not be made of worldwide application.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You declined to watch a documentary on the history of Christians, not sure how the Holy Spirit is supposed to reach you if you are not open.

We’ll that documentary was an hour and a half long, I was at work, and I’m not one for commentaries. Anyone can find commentaries supporting every single denomination and doctrine out there. Anyone who knows me knows I don’t do commentaries. I don’t read them, watch them, or quote them because there’s no point in pointing out their mistakes when I can do that in our discussions.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We have to read this in context.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The Sabbath commandment is not an ordinance, it is a commandment of God and the Sabbath is a day of holy rest a blessing and delight Isaiah 58:13-14 so it is not against us. What is being talked about here?

There are two sabbath in the bible. The weekly Sabbath that is a commandment of God and the holy day of the Lord thy God that was given before sin. There is the yearly sabbath(s) festivals that was given after sin was introduced and was written in the law of Moses in ordinances and is about food and drink. Was placed on the side of the ark (not inside) because it was against us Deut 29:20-21, Gal 3:10

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

So we are not to be judged in meat and drink offerings -sabbath(s) festivals

Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

The weekly Sabbath is different from all the other feasts and holy convocations (see Leviticus 23:37, 38) in that it originated at creation (Genesis 2:1-3), whereas the annual feasts and "sabbaths" had their origin with the Jewish nation. The seventh-day Sabbath "was made for man" (Mark 2:27), and hence is of obligation for all men forever; the annual feasts were made for the Jews and ceased to be of obligation when type met Antitype at the death of Christ (Colossians 2:16, 17). The seventh-day Sabbath is incorporated in the law of God, the Ten Commandments, His constitution for this world. Because it was made before sin entered, it will remain after sin is no more (Isaiah 66:22, 23). On the other hand, the annual Jewish feasts were of only temporal, local, ceremonial application, fitted to conditions in Palestine, and could not be made of worldwide application.

But the SDA does teach that we must observe the dietary laws as well, right?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟885,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The weekly Sabbath is different from all the other feasts and holy convocations

But Paul mentioned those separately from the Sabbath Day, right?

“Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.”

Upvote 0