Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps another motive than expecteded ?

Those issues don't occur when people together or separately seek the TRUTH FROM YHVH by faith and grace in JESUS in union with JESUS.
No matter what translation they have available, IF ANY.
There is no reason, then, for someone to go to another translation and hold it to be over and above what is ministered to them in the KJV. If they are seeking the truth they will not reject the KJV as being a valid translation of holy scripture.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There is no reason, then, for someone to go to another translation and hold it to be over and above what is ministered to them in the KJV. If they are seeking the truth they will not reject the KJV as being a valid translation of holy scripture.
So ? If you found out and knew the few dozen errors that resulted from or are in the KJV, would you DARE go to your own personal church that you attend and warn them or alert them ? I don't think so.
It is not worth exposing the errors of any translation except when and where YHVH SOVEREIGN ALMIGHTY CREATOR says to.

Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
No, it doesn't.
That is a well known fallacy.
You really think I can believe Jesus is satan and remain spiritually alive? Personally, I don't think so. We have to believe in Jesus to be saved. We have to trust in Him. Believing He is the father of lies isn't conducive to that.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You really think I can believe Jesus is satan and remain spiritually alive? Personally, I don't think so. We have to believe in Jesus to be saved. We have to trust in Him. Believing He is the father of lies isn't conducive to that.
Non sequitur. (doesn't follow from anything posted so far)

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I went back through your comments. I don't see what you're referring to. But it would bring clarity if you respond to my statements about Papa New Guinea.
I don't know if my post was deleted or what. I said that of course translations should be made in other languages, but that confusion results out of more than one translation in any language, especially if there is a difference in the overall message. And there is.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
professed vs real
"morning star" too
Vision of the Glorious Christ
" When Scripture speaks of the appearing of the Lord Jesus it uses “morning star” and “the sun” as types. The appearing of the morning star is for the saints, while the appearing of the sun is for the entire world. The morning star appears just before dawn; and only the watchful may see it. In view of this, Christians should be most watchful. The sun appears in the day and is therefore seen by all people. The morning star appears first and the sun thereafter. Before our Lord appears to the world He will manifest himself first to those who have loved His appearing. What a blessed hope this is! Yet do we really love His appearing?

“And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as one dead” (v.17a). John is called the one who leaned on the Lord’s bosom (see John 13.23-25, 21.20), yet here at this moment when he saw Him who is coming to execute judgment, he fell at Jesus’ feet as one dead because of His holiness, glory, majesty, and power. Oh, the judgment of the Lord is serious. Who can stand such a vision!?! If this happened to the apostle John, what will occur with respect to us? May we not in the least despise the solemnity of this judgment.

If a person does not see the Lord, nothing will happen to him; but once he sees the Lord, he cannot fail to be smitten in heart and fall at His feet as one dead. While Job was arguing with his three friends, he stood up against them on the ground that he was perfect. Later, however, when he saw the Lord God, he acted differently. Said Job: “I had heard of thee by the hearing of the ear; but now mine eye seeth thee: wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes” (Job. 42.5-6).

When the prophet Isaiah saw the Lord sitting upon the throne, high and lifted up (6.1), he could not but cry: “Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of hosts” (6.5).

The prophet Daniel is one about whom the Bible never records any fault; yet upon seeing the Lord in a vision, this is what the prophet’s response was: “There remained no strength in me; for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength. . . Then was I fallen into a deep sleep on my face, with my face toward the ground” (Dan. 10.8a).

Again, what happened to the prophet Habakkuk when he heard the voice of the Lord? He confessed: “I heard, and my body trembled, my lips quivered at the voice; rottenness entereth into my bones, and I tremble in my place” (3.16).

Paul formerly persecuted and hurt the disciples of the Lord, but on the road to Damascus he fell upon the earth when a light out of heaven shone round about him (Acts 9.1-4).

If we really meet the glory, holiness, and judgment of the Lord, we cannot help but deeply abhor ourselves. How pitiful it is that so many Christians when referring to themselves—and even while confessing their sins—seem to be justifying themselves and parading themselves. And too many Christians harbor secret pride within as well as display open pride without because they have not met Christ: “The heart is deceitful above all things, and it is exceedingly corrupt: who can know it?” (Jer. 17.9) Before we see the Lord how easy it is for us to believe in ourselves, approve of ourselves, and be contented with ourselves! Only in the light of God can we see our true condition.

Hence all who are self-sufficient and self-righteous have never met the Lord nor encountered His light, for who can meet the Lord and not fall on his face? May the Lord have mercy on any person who is still exalting self and considering himself righteous. May the glory and the holiness of the Lord cause us to abhor ourselves—to fall at His feet and deliver ourselves to death so that Christ may be manifested in our lives."

• Winner
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Could have a part in it. Not doing that could place someone outside the kingdom, in fact will.
It looks like you are more concerned with some strange church doctrine than with truth and life in JESUS.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I put less than 1% of my overall time and effort focusing on this subject; and the time and effort I do spend on it is spent in an effort to defeat a doctrine that is indeed strange. So that people will not be deceived by it and thereby lose out on truth and life which is in Christ Jesus. Over 80% of my time is spent in God's word and prayer (my relationship with Christ). That is, the time that I am not sleeping! re #74

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you provide an example of different translations that you think are critical for salvation. I don't think your "thou shalt not bear false witness" is critical, because it is certainly taught elsewhere in scripture. Besides it is a command, and people go to heaven even after breaking commands.
So that people will not be deceived by it and thereby lose out on truth and life which is in Christ Jesus.
You stir up a divide but can't support your statement that different translations can't be used for salvation.

Still waiting for a text that is necessary for salvation that is only in your KJV.

Upvote 0

AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture exists within community, it does not exist apart from it. It was only when the community of Christians decided the various NT writings were scripture that they became them.
So you failed defending your claim that the NT does not mention to be the inspired word of God.

Now you want to ignore my argument and just make an assertion. Your assertion has no support. The early church treated the NT as God's word before it was made canon by Catholics.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
You stir up a divide but can't support your statement that different translations can't be used for salvation.

Still waiting for a text that is necessary for salvation that is only in your KJV.
1) You took my quote out of its context.
2) If you hadn't, you would have the answer to your question.
3) The answer is: the KJV preserves the integrity of Christ not being satan, while many newer translations TEACH that He is. I will not trust in a Jesus who is the father of lies. Therefore I reject those translations that teach that He is, since trusting in Jesus is essential for salvation; and also those translations teach us that He is un-trustable as the one who said in his heart, I will ascend into heaven; I will be like the Most High; I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, on the sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
So you failed defending your claim that the NT does not mention to be the inspired word of God.

Now you want to ignore my argument and just make an assertion. Your assertion has no support. The early church treated the NT as God's word before it was made canon by Catholics.

Your saying something does not make it so. The early church revered the writings of Paul but that did not make them scripture for them. Remember the NT church was convinced that Jesus would return soon and so there would be no need for more scriptures. It was the delayed (from the POV of the early church) return of Jesus which created the NT corpus because of the need to provide the teachings of and about Jesus for a second and third generation who had never known Him. It was only as the years went along and the NT writings were quoted along with the OT scriptures that they became part of the corpus of scripture. As well, to address your point about the NT being considered scripture "...before it was made canon by Catholics...," you are quite wrong. There was no Catholic Church, per se, at the time; this was long before the schisms of the church began to take place and this meeting together in Church-wide councils was how the early church decided these kinds of questions.

Upvote 0