Florida
✟324,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. So Gods law has not been replaced by mans law, correct?

That's right. In the Revelation the "mark of the beast" and the compelling of Christians to worship the "image of the beast" are examples of secular law conflicting with God's law.

Upvote 0

AHunbleServant

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2019
Lake Arrowhead
✟27,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Both until the secular law compels you to violate God's laws.

This sums it up perfectly. We are first to obey God's Law, which also commands us to follow the law of the land. However, if that law contradicts what God has spoken in His Word, you are in disobedience to God.

Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. (Romans 13:1)

An example of what man says is lawful, but unlawful to God, is legalized abortion (a.k.a. murder).

• Winner
Reactions: ICONO'CLAST
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This sums it up perfectly. We are first to obey God's Law, which also commands us to follow the law of the land. However, if that law contradicts what God has spoken in His Word, you are in disobedience to God.

Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God. (Romans 13:1)

An example of what man says is lawful, but unlawful to God, is legalized abortion (a.k.a. murder).
Some posters on CF seem to believe that Gods law, even the commands of Christ, have been rightly replaced by mans law, and that this is Gods will. Thats why i started this thread, i wanted to see if anyone shares that opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some posters on CF seem to believe that Gods law, even the commands of Christ, have been rightly replaced by mans law, and that this is Gods will. Thats why i started this thread, i wanted to see if anyone shares that opinion.

If that's what you were trying to do, use a hypothetical case or something.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sorry, i thought it was just a simple question, i never thought it was confusing.

And the simple answer was "Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, there are CF members who will follow man's laws as if they were the commands of Christ, as the religious crowd of Jesus' day had the teachings of their elders. We only need to obey Scripture, God's rule for faith and life.

• Agree
Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, there are CF members who will follow man's laws as if they were the commands of Christ, as the religious crowd of Jesus' day had the teachings of their elders. We only need to obey Scripture, God's rule for faith and life.
Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What are you referring to by man's law?

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0