Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Likely, manna was included under "daily bread." As to what it was/is, God knows, and it still falls in the desert in that part of the world, or so I have read. Locals eat it, but their view of it seems not to have changed over the years.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟674,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
it still falls in the desert in that part of the world, or so I have read.
Yeah I saw a documentary about it being a type of grain that blows around on the breeze and can be made into flour

There are different varieties apparently. From NY times article https://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/09/dining/09manna.html
'Rarer are the mannas not fromlsap, including Trehala manna, the sweet-tasting cocoon of the Larinus maculates beetle from Turkey; and manna-lichen (Lecanora esculenta), which occasionally dries up and blows around to form semisweet clouds out of which manna settles into drifts from western Greece to the central Asian steppe.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
and it still falls in the desert in that part of the world,

or so I have read. Locals eat it, but their view of it seems not to have changed over the years.

I have never heard that do you have a link?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Man is twofold, of a material body and a spiritual/immaterial soul. Material food (ex. bread) nourishes the former and spiritual food, the Word of God (His words and literally Himself) nourish the latter. Manna was of the former type, while foreshadowing the latter like Chris said.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you think Jesus was talking about manna in Matt 6:11 and Luke 11:3.

Likely Luke 11:3 & Matthew refer to:

The prayer for daily bread includes not only food to sustain the body, but that spiritual bread which will nourish the soul unto life everlasting. Jesus bids us, “Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life” (John 6:27). He says, “I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever” (Verse 51). Our Savior is the Bread of Life, and it is by beholding His love, by receiving it into the soul, that we feed upon the bread which came down from heaven.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,461.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you think Jesus was talking about manna in Matt 6:11 and Luke 11:3.

Manna was a bread that came down from Heaven every day for the People of God. Yes, Jesus was talking about Manna. He IS the Manna. And our daily bread is His Word and His Body, the Lord's Supper.

Upvote 0