1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

'manly' man

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by knownbeforetime, Jan 29, 2006.

1. nhzname

nhzname Work in progress ... Phil. 1:6

+70
    Christian
    Single
    :amen: ^_^

2. JPPT1974

JPPT1974 August Back to School

+9,750
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    Yeah start a thread like that
    It would be awesome
    Like this thread has a lot of replies!

3. knownbeforetime

knownbeforetime Princess of the Lord of Grace and Power

+387
    Charismatic
    Single
    US-Republican
    There has already been one thread inspired by this one... Maybe we should go over there and weigh in...

4. AmericanGirl

AmericanGirl I love the US Army

+106
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    I like masculine guys, and if I ever get married I know that I'll be marrying a masculine guy because I'm not attracted to the other type (personal preference here) :) I must admit I like the 'clean cowboy' (not the heavy drinking, swearing, party boy type) and the soldier type alot because they're so..... manly! And tough, in a good way. I've seen guys who can get totally bashed up, muscles ripped from the bone, or legs broken, or back broken, or internal inguries or what have you and they take it without a murmer, only giving a slight grimace when it happens (I've seen this happen, truly :) ) yet they get all worried when their baby sister falls down when she's learning how to walk. THAT's the kind of guy I'm attracted to! Who is a strong Christian, and is tough and strong physically, but whose clean of speech and thought, with high moral standards and high ideals. Who likes kids, now that's a must and says alot about a guy, and who doesn't think it beneath his dignity or 'uncool' to be seen amusing them. And who is a leader; if I get married I want him to the head of our home :)

5. Silver Speak

Silver Speak Guest

+0
    Yes, that's what I'm talking about! Actually, I like American guys a lot :D I like how they're built: stronger than an average Finnish guy and just more.. masculine! I miss that :p Also, they seem to be better at approaching girls and are generally more confident. What is up with that...?!

Also, Finnish girls seem to go for trendy guys that dye their hair and put real effort to his shopping.. EUW, I say. :) So very girly.

6. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

+157
    Christian
    Single
    Manly men eat spinach ;)

7. sherri

sherri Well-Known Member

+157
    Christian
    Single
    So true. It sounds funny to write it but that fact alone just makes me swoon virtually regardless of what they look like. I don't get crushes often but the last time all it took was a single prayer for me :pray: I was gone. Unfortunately he was married :( (I hate it when guys don't wear wedding rings )

There's just something about a genuinely Godly man (even better when he's also a hunk :p) that just makes me melt.

*Biggest turnoff here: guys who pretend to be Godly to impress you. Man I need a barfing smiley for that one. It's something you just can't fake.

8. intricatic

intricatic ...a dinosaur... or something...

+660
    Non-Denom
    Private
    So... you coming to the States any time soon? ;)

j/k

9. Silver Speak

Silver Speak Guest

+0
    I certainly hope so! :D Can't find a man here :cry::p

(...that's not my entire motivation, though.)