Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden Manna

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
✟8,918.00
Faith
Christian
Elijah was caught up physically into heaven as in type or foreshadowing of the coming of the Lord and our personal rapture, yet Elijah returned through John the Baptist as Jesus said in Matt.11. Why not then would Jesus not return through another physical body or bodies such as the body of Christ? Jesus appeared in another form once and must have looked like someone else and now He lives in all who are born of the Spirit.

Mark 16

Jesus Appears to Two Disciples
(1) 12 After that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into the country.

I believe the glorified bodies that we receive, is just being in oneness in the body of Christ. After all the Body of Christ is a spiritual glorified body.

When I seek God face to face all I have to do is look in the mirror and say Jesus I know that you are in me. I do not have to go looking for you or try to get close to you because you dwell within me. You are as close to me as you will ever get because we are one just like you and the Father are one. If there is any kind of service that needs to be done you can do it through me and what ever you have me do I will do to others born of the Spirit I will do as doing it unto you.

Just think if the whole Church treated each other as if the other person was Jesus, it would be heaven wouldn't it.
Read the scripture below and think about them. I think most in the Church are missing the big picture of God's will, waiting to be with Jesus in the rapture when they by faith are with Him now.

--------------------
1 John 4
17b because as He is, so are we in this world.
Colossians 3
4 When the Christ is manifested who is our life, then shall *ye* also be manifested with him in glory

2 Thess 1:10. "When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day."

hidden manna;

quote, "Romans 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God; "asv

KJV says manifestation of the sons of God, The revealing of the sons of God hasn't occured yet. it is going to happen in the feast of tabernacles which is the one feast in the old testament that hasn't been fullfilled. Passover has been fullfilled with Jesus death and our rebirth. Pentecost has been fulfilled with the baptism of the holy spirit. but tabernacles yet remains to be fullfilled.Currently some few christiansare in the feast of trumpets (a part of the feast of tabernacles) so it's coming soon. and when it does the sons of god will be revealed. Because the feast of tabernacles is coming to perfect the body of christ and unite the body of christ and prepare the church for bridehood with Jesus (spiritually).

the devil too is waiting for the revealing of the sons of God.

quote, "Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. "

the manchild is another analogy for the same thing as the bride of christ. the woman is the church. out of the church, all denominations, some more so than others I think., will come the manchild (perfected body of believers) the devil can't devour the manchild just yet for it is still in the womb of the church. It is hidden, but one day soon the revealing of the sons of god will take place .

Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. "

this manchild bride of christ will deal a death blow to world government (the beast) and the beast will revover. and come after the manchild with vengence.

quote, "Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. "

this is world government. the sea represents humanity . heads and horns represent the government of these people, .i.e. the world.

well theres a lot more to the manifestation of the sons of god. Interesting subject. but i'll stop here eh.

Upvote 0

Hidden Manna

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
✟8,918.00
Faith
Christian
jessedance said:
hidden manna;

quote, "Romans 8:19 For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God; "asv

KJV says manifestation of the sons of God, The revealing of the sons of God hasn't occured yet. it is going to happen in the feast of tabernacles which is the one feast in the old testament that hasn't been fullfilled. Passover has been fullfilled with Jesus death and our rebirth. Pentecost has been fulfilled with the baptism of the holy spirit. but tabernacles yet remains to be fullfilled.Currently some few christiansare in the feast of trumpets (a part of the feast of tabernacles) so it's coming soon. and when it does the sons of god will be revealed. Because the feast of tabernacles is coming to perfect the body of christ and unite the body of christ and prepare the church for bridehood with Jesus (spiritually).

the devil too is waiting for the revealing of the sons of God.

quote, "Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born. "

the manchild is another analogy for the same thing as the bride of christ. the woman is the church. out of the church, all denominations, some more so than others I think., will come the manchild (perfected body of believers) the devil can't devour the manchild just yet for it is still in the womb of the church. It is hidden, but one day soon the revealing of the sons of god will take place .

Revelation 13:3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. "

this manchild bride of christ will deal a death blow to world government (the beast) and the beast will revover. and come after the manchild with vengence.

quote, "Revelation 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. "

this is world government. the sea represents humanity . heads and horns represent the government of these people, .i.e. the world.

well theres a lot more to the manifestation of the sons of god. Interesting subject. but i'll stop here eh.

Jessedance

I glad to see someone out there interested in this topic. However I believe the Feast of Tabernacles is fulfilled according to my faith. I believe it can be fulfilled in your life right now but as the other Feasts it is according to your faith as to when it happens. Read Luke 21:22 Jesus said all scripture would be fulfilled when Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD.

Perhaps this topic is more or less for a full preterist to have faith for right now. I'm a smogasboardist but from what I've experienced only those in the fully pret camp will understand that the coming of the Lord happened in 70 AD and His ongoing presence is God tabernacling in those who believe it. In other words Jesus Christ is here right now manifesting Himself through us.
:bow: :clap: :cool:

Upvote 0
Luke 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. "

Well, all things haven't been fulfilled. On this I think we can agree. The rapture hasn't occured. the second coming hasn't occured. I think it is abundantly obvious that the church hasn't reached perfection, as ephesians says,

quote, "Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Ephesians 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: "

We haven't all come to the unity of the faith yet, we will though, God will get us there. It's happening. It's not as fast as God or we would like but God knows what he is doing. I can see giant leaps the world wide church has made towards the unity of the faith in just my life time.

We would say, in our church , that all things which are written are fulfilled in seed form not in total. Like joel 2:28

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: "

and,

Acts 2:16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

Acts 2:17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Acts 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

Acts 2:19 And I will show wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

Acts 2:20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:

Peter said "this is that that was spoken of by the prophet joel", but not all of what he quoted happened then. It only happened in seed form. What Joel said was being fulfilled at the time of Peter, and it is continuing to be fulfilled as it grows to full fruition at the day of the Lord.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hidden Manna said:
Just think if the whole Church treated each other as if the other person was Jesus, it would be heaven wouldn't it.
Read the scripture below and think about them. I think most in the Church are missing the big picture of God's will, waiting to be with Jesus in the rapture when they by faith are with Him now.
Who are you identifying as Christ's church?

Upvote 0

Hidden Manna

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
✟8,918.00
Faith
Christian
GodsWordisTrue said:
Who are you identifying as Christ's church?
Good point there Godswordistrue. Many of God's people are in Babylon thinking that they abide in Christ. I would think not that they would have to come into the unity if they choose to be cast in outer darkness rather then have Christ coming be revealed in them.

As far as the coming of the can not happen yet because there hasn't been a falling away I would think that is just a matter of the way a person chooses to iqnore history and looking at themselves and not seeing Christ manifesting Himself through them. We however are still who we are as a person who still sins, but our life is hidden in Christ as far as God is concerned and we died with Christ 2,000 years age and were rised up with Him. Our bodies belong now to Him they no longer belong to us. So that makes our body His glorified body. The Churches perfection comes from Christ Himself indwelling us. The falling away happened before 70 AD and if that does not mean anything to a Christian then perhaps the dark ages would. History tells us that Popes have claimed to be God and they in prisoned or killed any one who opposed them.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hidden Manna said:
Elijah was caught up physically into heaven as in type or foreshadowing of the coming of the Lord and our personal rapture, yet Elijah returned through John the Baptist as Jesus said in Matt.11. Why not then would Jesus not return through another physical body or bodies such as the body of Christ? Jesus appeared in another form once and must have looked like someone else and now He lives in all who are born of the Spirit.

Mark 16

Jesus Appears to Two Disciples
(1) 12 After that, He appeared in another form to two of them as they walked and went into the country.
I am not buying this, Hidden Manna.
One, you are making a BIG assumption that Jesus appeared in 'another form'. He could have just clouded their minds so that they couldn't recognize Him.
He appeared to the disciples in the upper room, showed the holes in his hands and feet...
Luk 24:37 But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit.Luk 24:38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?Luk 24:39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."Luk 24:40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.Luk 24:41 While they still could not believe {it} because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?"Luk 24:42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish;Luk 24:43 and He took it and ate {it} before them.
Two, in that physical body He ascended to heaven - and then 2 angels told the disciples that He would return the same way.

Three, there will be a bodily resurrection.

Upvote 0

Hidden Manna

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
✟8,918.00
Faith
Christian
FreeinChrist said:
I am not buying this, Hidden Manna.
One, you are making a BIG assumption that Jesus appeared in 'another form'. He could have just clouded their minds so that they couldn't recognize Him.
He appeared to the disciples in the upper room, showed the holes in his hands and feet...
Luk 24:37 But they were startled and frightened and thought that they were seeing a spirit.Luk 24:38 And He said to them, "Why are you troubled, and why do doubts arise in your hearts?Luk 24:39 "See My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself; touch Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."Luk 24:40 And when He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.Luk 24:41 While they still could not believe {it} because of their joy and amazement, He said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?"Luk 24:42 They gave Him a piece of a broiled fish;Luk 24:43 and He took it and ate {it} before them.
Two, in that physical body He ascended to heaven - and then 2 angels told the disciples that He would return the same way.

Three, there will be a bodily resurrection.

One
This is the Thomas kind of faith, blessed are those who believe the things they do not see.

Two
The Lord was going to come in the same manner as He entered heaven. How did He enter heaven? Hidden from the eyes by a Cloud (vs. 9). He was going to “so come in like manner.”
The apostles wanted Jesus to come out of the Cloud, to be lowered back down and to be with them again in the flesh. The two men corrected the apostles’ longing by informing them that Jesus’ Coming was not going to be in His flesh, but in His Divinity—in the Glory-Cloud of Yahweh God (I Tim. 3:16), i.e., in the same manner He entered Heaven.
The spiritual nature of Christ’s Parousia is confirmed by a comparison of Matt. 16:28 and Lk. 17:21: In Matt. 16:28, Jesus taught that His Coming was going to be “in His Kingdom.” In Lk. 17:21, He taught that the coming of His Kingdom was going to be unobservable. If the coming of the Kingdom was going to be unobservable, then it follows that the Coming of the King in that Kingdom (II Cor. 4:18) was also going to be unobservable.

Three
We have been resurrected into the body of Jesus Christ and His Kingdom

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hidden Manna said:
One
This is the Thomas kind of faith, blessed are those who believe the things they do not see.
This is an abuse of Thomas's problem...he didn't believe in the Resurrection.
Those who believe in the Resurrection of Christ are not Thomas, Hidden. I didn't get to see his hands and feet.
And you are not proviiding any reason why I should believe that the Second Coming is not a physical return.

And, I will point out, the early church believed in a future Second Coming...the idea of spiriualizing it came much later.
Two
The Lord was going to come in the same manner as He entered heaven. How did He enter heaven? Hidden from the eyes by a Cloud (vs. 9). He was going to “so come in like manner.”
The apostles wanted Jesus to come out of the Cloud, to be lowered back down and to be with them again in the flesh.
The text of the scripture does not say that. You are adding your opinion to scripture.

The two men corrected the apostles’ longing by informing them that Jesus’ Coming was not going to be in His flesh, but in His Divinity—in the Glory-Cloud of Yahweh God (I Tim. 3:16), i.e., in the same manner He entered Heaven.
The spiritual nature of Christ’s Parousia is confirmed by a comparison of Matt. 16:28 and Lk. 17:21: In Matt. 16:28, Jesus taught that His Coming was going to be “in His Kingdom.” In Lk. 17:21, He taught that the coming of His Kingdom was going to be unobservable. If the coming of the Kingdom was going to be unobservable, then it follows that the Coming of the King in that Kingdom (II Cor. 4:18) was also going to be unobservable.
And all will see" ...doesn't sound invisable. All the armies of the Antichrist gathered at Armageddon...and then Rev. 19....doesn't sound the least bit invisable.

Three
We have been resurrected into the body of Jesus Christ and His Kingdom
Wouldn't that have included Paul??? He wrote:

Rom 8:23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for {our} adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.
Tts 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

I believe it is dangerous to spiritualize the Second Coming.

Upvote 0

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
Hidden Manna (love your user name by the way :) I agree that the spirit of God dwells within all of us. That's the baptism of the Holy Spirit which is the same spirit that resided in Jesus and he was baptized with so I agree that the spirit of Jesus dwells within us because the Holy Spirit dwells within us. We tend to forget it a whole lot but it's still truth. I know sometimes I act like I forget that the spirit of God dwells within me :( We are created just a little lower than the angels and the spirit of God dwells within us. We are not weak creations by no means. We just have to remember who we are.

As far as Jesus sortof reincarnating withing someone else well I do not agree with a LITERAL understanding of that. I believe that the spirit that made Jesus the Messiah is the Christ spirit or the Christ consciouness as it is called sometimes. Jesus is the son of God and the baptism of the Holy Spirit was partly about that and in that part I think we share with Jesus. But he received something we did not and that was the Christ conciousness. Now I do believe that the Annointing has been placed on other people throughout history and they have been given messages to give to other cultures and they too had the Christ conciousness given unto them. And they each had their divine role to play but I feel Jesus is unique. His role was to be the sacrifical lamb. That was his greatest role. There are still prophets here today (I was reading a website that discussed that John is still walking around based on John 21:20-23) Maybe he is maybe he is not. I don't know. Not something I'll spend time trying to figure out. If he is walking around (and Jesus could have created an earthly eternity for John if he so desired) then keeping a low profile would be vital I think.

The prophets who came after Jesus may have the Christ consciouness or an annointing for the task they have been given. I know there is a group of people known as the Ascended Masters that people believe have the Christ consciouness. I plan on studying them at some point in time. There is so much to study one can spend a lifetime and never read it all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hidden Manna

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
✟8,918.00
Faith
Christian
FreeinChrist said:
This is an abuse of Thomas's problem...he didn't believe in the Resurrection.
Those who believe in the Resurrection of Christ are not Thomas, Hidden. I didn't get to see his hands and feet.
And you are not proviiding any reason why I should believe that the Second Coming is not a physical return.

I never said that the second coming was not physical. My body is physical and Christ has come to live in me along with many others. Where ever two or three are gathered in His name His is in our midst.

And, I will point out, the early church believed in a future Second Coming...the idea of spiriualizing it came much later.

His coming happened at 70 AD and His presence has continued in the saints. His coming and His Kingdom is spiritual and physical and forever increasing.

The text of the scripture does not say that. You are adding your opinion to scripture.

We all add our opinions and then accuse others who have another opinion of been heritics.

And all will see" ...doesn't sound invisable. All the armies of the Antichrist gathered at Armageddon...and then Rev. 19....doesn't sound the least bit invisable.

There are many things mentioned in scripture that would seem visable but remain invisable. Example in Hebrews it says we have come to Zion and the new Jerusalem yet we can not see it. By the way where does Rev.19 mention an antichrist? Or is that just your opinion of what it says?

Wouldn't that have included Paul??? He wrote:

Rom 8:23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for {our} adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.
Tts 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

I would think that this has already been fulfilled for Paul seeing that he die almost 2,000 years ago. To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord

I believe it is dangerous to spiritualize the Second Coming.

Yup something Pre, Mid and Post Tribbers millennialist do by not acknowledging scripture was fulfilled according to Luke 21:22 that happened in 70 AD.

Not only that, they take Daniel 9:27 which was referring to the Messiah and refer it to an antichrist and by leave the last week in Daniel 9:24 to some future point in time. This my friend is very dangerous because along with this opinion they have to say Jesus has not been anointed as King, that His sacrific on the cross did not bring in everlasting righteousness yet. And that prophesy and vision has not been seal up yet which would make out Jesus to be a liar according to what Jesus said in Luke 21:22. Very dangerous opinions if you ask me.

Upvote 0

Hidden Manna

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
✟8,918.00
Faith
Christian
Shekinahs said:
Hidden Manna (love your user name by the way :) I agree that the spirit of God dwells within all of us. That's the baptism of the Holy Spirit which is the same spirit that resided in Jesus and he was baptized with so I agree that the spirit of Jesus dwells within us because the Holy Spirit dwells within us. We tend to forget it a whole lot but it's still truth. I know sometimes I act like I forget that the spirit of God dwells within me :( We are created just a little lower than the angels and the spirit of God dwells within us. We are not weak creations by no means. We just have to remember who we are.

As far as Jesus sortof reincarnating withing someone else well I do not agree with a LITERAL understanding of that. I believe that the spirit that made Jesus the Messiah is the Christ spirit or the Christ consciouness as it is called sometimes. Jesus is the son of God and the baptism of the Holy Spirit was partly about that and in that part I think we share with Jesus. But he received something we did not and that was the Christ conciousness. Now I do believe that the Annointing has been placed on other people throughout history and they have been given messages to give to other cultures and they too had the Christ conciousness given unto them. And they each had their divine role to play but I feel Jesus is unique. His role was to be the sacrifical lamb. That was his greatest role. There are still prophets here today (I was reading a website that discussed that John is still walking around based on John 21:20-23) Maybe he is maybe he is not. I don't know. Not something I'll spend time trying to figure out. If he is walking around (and Jesus could have created an earthly eternity for John if he so desired) then keeping a low profile would be vital I think.

The prophets who came after Jesus may have the Christ consciouness or an annointing for the task they have been given. I know there is a group of people known as the Ascended Masters that people believe have the Christ consciouness. I plan on studying them at some point in time. There is so much to study one can spend a lifetime and never read it all.

John 21

The Beloved Disciple and His Book
20 Then Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following, who also had leaned on His breast at the supper, and said, "Lord, who is the one who betrays You?" 21Peter, seeing him, said to Jesus, "But Lord, what about this man?"
22Jesus said to him, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you? You follow Me."
23Then this saying went out among the brethren that this disciple would not die. Yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but, "If I will that he remain till I come, what is that to you?"

John remain after 70 AD when all known scripture up to when Jesus said it would be fulfilled in Luke 21:22 became fulfilled when Jerusalem was destroyed. He later died and as far as coming back through another person I would not believe it because it is only Christ doing so that matters.

It is interesting to note what the early disciples and the people of their day believed. They would ask is this Moses or Elijah that has come back for example. Jesus even said John the Baptist was Elijah if you can recieve it. But today we know it was the of Spirit of such to have returned. The scripture is full of spiritualizing and it is so for a reason. Natural man can not see what the spiritual man can see. When the Bible saids ever eye shall see Him, that can be interpeted many different ways. Most look at it as in all period. But could that mean after we die at the Judgment seat of Christ or every eye meaning spiritual eye through faith, leaving the natural man out.

I totally agree with you that Jesus was the lamb of God and that was a speacial role for Him to fulfill. Even though He indwells us that honor and glory of being the Lamb will only go to Jesus. However every time we forgive we share in that glory and by bearing one anothers burdens we fulfill the law of Christ. In a sense what Jesus did and who He is we are in this world because of His Spirit that is within us. It's not reincarnation as the world believes it's transformation into the image of Christ. Jesus Christ living and manifesting Himself through us by the Holy Spirit.
:bow: :clap: to the Lamb that was slain

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Shekinahs said:
Sounds like New Agers!

The Holy Spirit indwells those who are born again. We should like our lives to reflect Christ.

I'd be real careful about this group.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,453.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hidden Manna said:
Yup something Pre, Mid and Post Tribbers millennialist do by not acknowledging scripture was fulfilled according to Luke 21:22 that happened in 70 AD.

Not only that, they take Daniel 9:27 which was referring to the Messiah and refer it to an antichrist and by leave the last week in Daniel 9:24 to some future point in time. This my friend is very dangerous because along with this opinion they have to say Jesus has not been anointed as King, that His sacrific on the cross did not bring in everlasting righteousness yet. And that prophesy and vision has not been seal up yet which would make out Jesus to be a liar according to what Jesus said in Luke 21:22. Very dangerous opinions if you ask me.
You can't answer my question, can you?

Upvote 0

Hidden Manna

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
✟8,918.00
Faith
Christian
FreeinChrist said:
You can't answer my question, can you?
Free
I'll try, what question do you have to ask. Sometimes I get carried away with a thought and forget to answer somethings. I might be getting sometimers. ;) Try just one question at a time I can handle that as long as I don't have to explain a whole lot just for one question. I do not like getting into sword fights with people who love Jesus though. What ever we do to the least we have done unto Him. :priest:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden Manna

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
✟8,918.00
Faith
Christian
jessedance said:
quote, "I do not like getting into sword fights with people who love Jesus though."
this is a shinning light in a sea of , oh well never mind. I wish we all had this standard in our communications.

I'm glad you see it that way to. We are all in the school of learning from the Holy Spirit. In Daniel it says that there would be a time when people would run to and fro and knowledge will increase. Since the end of the dark ages that has been happening because of the freedoms we now have. At one time it was not so. We can all learn from one another without burning people at the stake. The Church has come a long way but still has a long way to go because of all the divisions. Some will find out some of the hidden mysteries in God's word and many will reject them for the safety of belonging to their nailed down doctrines from their denomination. :sigh:

Upvote 0

saltoearth

Jan 2, 2004
✟625.00
Faith
Christian
Have you knowtised that there is flipside to every prophecy in the Bible? Such as

The manisfestation of the sons of God
and the manisfestation of the sons of perdition

Amos
8:12
And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the LORD, and shall not find it.

Daniel
12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

these two different passages are talking about THE SAME TIME PERIOD just different groups of people.

Here's another one

Isa
2:4 And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.

Joel
3:10 Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruninghooks into spears: let the weak say, I am strong.

Who therefore has ears let him hear!!!

70 AD type and shadow

the ultimate fufillment SHALL COME

instead this time it will on a worldwide scale not just Judea.

HiddenManna--- Is all scripture fulfilled?

Luke
21:22
For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

70 AD a foreshadow of the THE DAY OF THE LORD
when ISA 63:3
I have trodden the winepress alone; and of the people there was none with me: for I will tread them in mine anger, and trample them in my fury; and their blood shall be sprinkled upon my garments, and I will stain all my raiment.

The DAY of vengence is coming, the LORD will not delay

I don't mean to throw mud but I knowtised some contradictions in your beliefs

The Church has come a long way but still has a long way to go because of all the divisions.

But I thought that all scripture was fulfilled? I thought the Sons of God have already been revealed? Where's the "long way to go"?

Make take is...all things have been fulfilled from GODS soveriegn point of view (outside of time). Christ was slain from the foundation of the world. We were foreknown before the foundation of the world ect ect. I earnestly await Christ in me the hope of glory. I pray for the faith to SEE JESUS in the MIRROR (not the natural MAN), and I know that HE is faithful that PROMISED, I will reach Canaan, carried by Jesus over Jordan (the flesh).

In love through christ,
salt

Upvote 0

saltoearth

Jan 2, 2004
✟625.00
Faith
Christian
Read Luke 21:22 Jesus said all scripture would be fulfilled when Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD.

John 17:12
While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition;
that the scripture might be fulfilled.

John 19:24
They said therefore among themselves, Let us not rend it, but cast lots for it, whose it shall be: that the scripture might be fulfilled , which saith, They parted my raiment among them, and for my vesture they did cast lots. These things therefore the soldiers did.

John 19:28
After this, Jesus knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the scripture might be fulfilled saith, I thirst.

As you can see from the above verses, many prophecies from the scriptures were fulfilled. All things pertaining to those PARTICULAR prophecies were fulfilled.

Luke 21:22
For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

Same goes with the physical destruction of Jerusalem in 70. God promised that they would be destroyed. Everything written in scripture about this destruction took place. Does that mean that we are living in some type of twilight zone without a predetermined scriptural future?

Upvote 0

Hidden Manna

Veteran
Feb 21, 2004
✟8,918.00
Faith
Christian
I now do not see any logical cause to divide
Rev into two parts one to be soon and shortly and yet the other part to be future.
The books starts and ends with verses that say the things contained within the book will happen quickly.
Many futurists use this verse to make the book divided into 3 "time groups"

Revelation 1:19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter;

They say the things "which shall be hereafter" are those that are not covered by the statement "at hand" or "shortly"

However - I in all honesty before God cannot add exception to this verse:

3 ¶ Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Things that have been seen are historical not prophetic - things that are just are they are still not prophetic - the things "which shall be after" are those things that are "prophetic"* and they are said to be at hand.

Things that are and thing that have been cannot be said to be "at hand" they both have already happened.

It makes not sense to try and say that the things that are and have been will happen quickly - they have already happened but people do not even consider how foolish such a division is when compared to the very first verse and the PURPOSE of the book.

1 ¶ The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God {1} gave him to show unto his {2} servants, even the things which must shortly come to pass

The PURPOSE was to show the servants who were alive in that day - the bible is not all about us and our particular generation as most men want to make it and have tried throughout the centuries to make it.

The book starts and ends with statements that the prophetic would happen quickly - to those who to whom it was written - the men who had declared themselves Christians and were suffering persecution prior to 70 AD

Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.

*Those churches of that day

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Verse 10 of the last chapter does not say "some of the prophesies" of the book were to be left unsealed. It calls the prophecies "prophecy" singular as a package unit.

Luke 21

The Destruction of Jerusalem
(1) 20 "But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that its desolation is near. 21Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those who are in the midst of her depart, and let not those who are in the country enter her. 22For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! For there will be great distress in the land and wrath upon this people.

Daniel 12:4
"But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase."

REVELATIONS 22
10And he said to me, "Do not seal the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is at hand.

The understanding of Rev.22:10 has helped me to take a full preterist stand.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.