• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Manic depressive..anyone ?

t4inted-

part of Gods flock :)
Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
a part of my diagnosis is manic depressive disorder.. I believe it is
I think it’s where you are up and then you go down... happy and joyful and then depressed and sadden.. I don’t like this cause I would feel like a rollercoaster ride... though it does happen frequently I think I can not be bothered by it much though I catch myself given over to it... it seems to just happen and I would be normal throughout my day but catch myself caught in this...

anyone else ?

• Prayers
Reactions: Jeshu

t4inted-

Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They call it "bipolar disorder" now. If you haven't already, find a competent psychiatrist. They may prescribe lithium, and it would certainly be worth a try.

so I am bipolar then?... I thought bipolar was something different.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
so I am bipolar then?... I thought bipolar was something different.

My understanding is: they are the same. Either way, you need competent medical care.

Upvote 0

t4inted-

Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My understanding is: they are the same. Either way, you need competent medical care.

Oh.. I do have a psychiatrist I do have schizoaffective and one of the symptoms I was told was manic depressive or bipolar I suppose..
And I believe I have been prescribed this injection that I take once a month that’s suppose to balance out my mind..

Upvote 0

t4inted-

Dec 9, 2019
planet earth
✟48,370.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully it will work...

I did have this word from a fellow Christian sister at my church I think It was a word of knowledge because she told me what my anointing was and I do believe it but at times I don’t and she also told me she seen in the spirit my mind was unbalanced and that I needed to take my medication yet I did not tell her I was on medication and that I wasn’t taking it.. but I am now

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes i got bi-polar, or rather Schizo-Affective disorder, a nasty illness that can play havoc on ones disposition. i take a range of medications from natural remedies, Vitamins B range especially niacin, C and D3, Zinc, and Magnesium, to prescription drugs that is because without them i go psychotic all the time so i have little choice.

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Bipolar II here. My baseline is depressed, my depression cycles are extremely low, and I rarely get manic. My manic episodes are short-lived and have never resulted in anything harmful to me or others.

I was first formally diagnosed when I was 19 (that was 1996). I've never had any resolution of my disease. It's a daily thing for me, and some days are terribly difficult.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a daily thing for me, and some days are terribly difficult.

True for me as well. (Do you go manic while depressed? When my depression is really bad i loose my mind at times as well.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
True for me as well. (Do you go manic while depressed? When my depression is really bad i loose my mind at times as well.)

I go manic when my neurotransmitters get out of whack. Sometimes the meds I am on don't do an adequate job and I'll get flooded with too much serotonin which will lead to a brief state of mania and if it doesn't get controlled soon will escalate into full-blown hallucinations.

Getting the serotonin in 'check' takes me back to a depressed state. When the depression is really bad, I'll pretty much give up on life. Won't shower. Won't eat. Sleep sporadically. Sequester myself away from everyone and everything.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the depression is really bad, I'll pretty much give up on life. Won't shower. Won't eat. Sleep sporadically. Sequester myself away from everyone and everything.

Yes i have been there plenty of times in my life, an absolutely awful place to be. Past that level i curl up in foetus position or cry for my mum, i might even suck my thumb. As if my mind can't handle the severity of the onslaught and i begin to act out strangely, i might go periodically psychotic as well. Like reaching snapping point.

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Yes i have been there plenty of times in my life, an absolutely awful place to be. Past that level i curl up in foetus position or cry for my mum, i might even suck my thumb. As if my mind can't handle the severity of the onslaught and i begin to act out strangely, i might go periodically psychotic as well. Like reaching snapping point.

When in a deep, low point, tears are just below the surface for me. Full-throttle 'ugly crying'. Pathetic. I always feel so ashamed for it. Thankfully it happens in private so nobody sees.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When in a deep, low point, tears are just below the surface for me. Full-throttle 'ugly crying'. Pathetic. I always feel so ashamed for it. Thankfully it happens in private so nobody sees.

It is absolutely horrible what this illness renders us into at times but truly we are survivors and very strong, we overcome hardships others don't even have to dream about.

Peace.

Upvote 0
Dec 27, 2019
Ottawa
✟8,173.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, It's fairly rare that I get sad, although in my bipolar lows I do get seriously angry. Most of my disorder consists of energy levels rather than emotions, although it does chain react its way into my emotions, making me feel anger, guilt, shame, fatigue... whatever. Thankfully, I am on a relatively low dose of Lithium mixed happily together with a very low dose of Olanzapine. My strong will and self control take care of the rest.

As for all of us, we are in the battles of our lives. For many of us, the worst part is being quarantined by others in social and spiritual settings, which is the biggest shame in the universe, because I really believe that those of us with mental illness have nothing but the best to offer this broken world. We have the best strategies to fix our surroundings, if only the average could learn to believe. Such a shame that society has accepted otherwise.

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums