Do you think that vaccination should now be mandatory?

• Total voters

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, it is for school kids and it's possible to get out of it, but I guess that takes some effort to get the exception. We know one family that didn't vaccinate actually, and their child is in public school, so....I don't know the current situation for the other general vaccines, but I found out they did vaccinate their teen for Covid! Even though they are generally anti-vaccination.

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yes I do. Honestly there's nothing to fear I got vaccinated I'm the very beginning of vaccinations so I was a "guinea pig" if you will. I didn't grow an extra hand or foot. In fact during my first dose absolutely nothing happened to me.

I know people are afraid that this might be the mark of the beast but it cannot be. The mark of the Beast is recieved on your right hand or forehead. A shot goes into your arm. You can also pick what arm you want to be injected into right or left. Plus you trust so little in God to protect you from the mark of the beast that you won't get a vaccination that will literally save your life?

Honestly I think it's silliness not to get vaccinated when vaccinations are free and available. That's like having polio and not receiving the vaccine for it because you fear it might make you grow an extra head. ALL vaccinations are heavily tested before they start shooting people with them...

All of this is coming from a person who hates needles like the plague.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I vote that vaccines should not be mandatory from government, I do recognize the valid and rightful authority of a private business to run it's own business and make its own rules.

So, when Disney chose many months ago to require vaccinations, because it's a business where that can help, and then the Florida Governor tried to make that illegal for Disney, the Florida Governor was in the wrong.

Disney has the right to run it's own business as it sees fit.

Same for cruise ship lines, etc.

Floridians should have a recall election on that bad Governor.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Do you think that vaccination should now be mandatory- and why?

Please be gentle and respectful or this thread will get deleted like the last one was.
Never mandatory in terms of government forcing it on the general public. They should be good enough that people want to be vaccinated rather than forced.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟149,061.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, when you have 700,000+ dead in the U.S., you can say that it is "a matter of life and death", to a great extent anyway.
Reading these stats its important to realize that they record people who died with COVID. It does not equal to people who died because of COVID.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, there should never be a "one for all" approach to vaccines. Everyone is different -immune systems, conditions, etc.

Also, natural immunity is never in the equation. Why is that?? They talk about science but gloss over the fact that for some, natural immunity can last for years in some cases.
Maybe not for everyone but such is the case for the vaccine as well, which is why in the US we are seeing everyone eligible for boosters at this point. So that's why they should be testing for antibodies. They don't want to encourage that because many would see that they have them already and don't even know it.

Also,it's very disheartening to see that no one is promoting people how to build up your immune system as well which has always been the case in the past. Talk of preventive measures has been thrown to the way side and it's the vaccine or nothing else. That should give anyone pause and question why is that the case? It was before the vaccine came out.

Not here to debate (been there, done that) but to post my honest feelings. No one should have control over what we put into our bodies. And resorting to fear tactics over a virus with 99 percent survival rate, especially for our younger generation is ridiculous.

Sorry for the rambled post.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
While I am generally pro-vaccine, I do NOT in any way whatsoever believe that the government should be making mandates. Not because I believe that the vaccinations are bad (get it if you can), but because it goes against what this country (U.S. in my case) is all about. It's government overreach at best and outright tyranny at worst.

Personally, I believe vaccination rates in many places would be a lot better than they are now if it weren't for the government politicizing it and trying to strong-arm citizens. Education, availability, reduction of fear-mongering, and making it *less* political would have been better strategies.

Too late now though. They've long past made that bed and created a huge resentment across the country that will probably have dire effects in 2022.

Upvote 0

LaLuz12

Nov 29, 2021
PA
✟8,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a nurse and I worked through Covid at its peak with no vaccine and now we are being mandated to get it as healthcare workers if we want our bread and butter. I was extremely hesitant to get it because it does seem like the mark…

However, I chose to get it after my father died from Covid… the truth is that it is very real and many people prayed for a solution to this pandemic and we got a vaccine…

We as Christians are to look after one another.. my rebellious heart and my desire to understand things my way can not be the reason why my child has no mother.

We can be hit harder next time around and this vaccine may be our lords saving grace when it does.

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Reading these stats its important to realize that they record people who died with COVID. It does not equal to people who died because of COVID.
Given how 'accurate' the PCR tests are, even that is in dispute.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,091.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Please be gentle and respectful or this thread will get deleted like the last one was.

Strongly encouraged .... mandatory no .... people have the right to decide what drugs they want to take ... or not.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes I do. Honestly there's nothing to fear I got vaccinated I'm the very beginning of vaccinations so I was a "guinea pig" if you will. I didn't grow an extra hand or foot. In fact during my first dose absolutely nothing happened to me.
That's nice.
My mother died because of adverse reactions to the Covid vaccine. My son-in-law now has heart trouble since he was vaccinated. One of my colleagues suffered a major stroke immediately after his vaccination and another colleague has myocarditis as a result of his vaccination and now relies on medication to keep from having a heart attack.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Excluding special populations like those living in care facilities, employment contracts, and *public* schools:
No. The *general* population should not be *forced* to be vaccinated.
It goes against bodily autonomy. It’s medical torture when someone is screaming no at you and you do it anyways.
Let me give you a nice example of something similar that actually happens all the time today:
When someone is mentally ill and is committed/hospitalized against their will, they are forced to take medications regardless of whether they want it or not, Depending on why you were hospitalized
Yes, by law Depending on why you were hospitalized you can refuse medication but *most patients* don’t know this.
This is borderline medical torture.
And people wonder why the mentally ill homeless refuse to go to the hospital for treatment. You know, besides the cost.
Ask me how I know.

• Agree
Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Nope. Anyone can be a carrier. The vaccine doesn't stop the virus. So we should have freedom to choose for ourselves.

Reactions: Sunshinee777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
That's nice.
My mother died because of adverse reactions to the Covid vaccine. My son-in-law now has heart trouble since he was vaccinated. One of my colleagues suffered a major stroke immediately after his vaccination and another colleague has myocarditis as a result of his vaccination and now relies on medication to keep from having a heart attack.

I'm sorry your family experienced side effects but everything medical these days has side effects. Should we stop taking our medications just because we could potentially die from them? Generally more good comes out of vaccinations and medicine than the bad.im very sorry for your loss and for your family but thats how medicine works until scientists (if ever) can find a way to make medicine 100% side effect free.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, it is for school kids and it's possible to get out of it, but I guess that takes some effort to get the exception. We know one family that didn't vaccinate actually, and their child is in public school, so....I don't know the current situation for the other general vaccines, but I found out they did vaccinate their teen for Covid! Even though they are generally anti-vaccination.

That is an interesting point. The difference between what people are doing and what they are saying they are doing. A good number of Republicans are vaccinated for example even though their party is generally skeptical about the value of the vaccination program and wearing masks. That people need to lie about this shows the intensity of the partisan political forces at work here.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟821,661.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I know people are afraid that this might be the mark of the beast but it cannot be. The mark of the Beast is recieved on your right hand or forehead. A shot goes into your arm. You can also pick what arm you want to be injected into right or left. Plus you trust so little in God to protect you from the mark of the beast that you won't get a vaccination that will literally save your life?

Honestly I think it's silliness not to get vaccinated when vaccinations are free and available. That's like having polio and not receiving the vaccine for it because you fear it might make you grow an extra head. ALL vaccinations are heavily tested before they start shooting people with them...

All of this is coming from a person who hates needles like the plague.

Completely agree with this.

Upvote 0