Man who identifies as a woman wants to be admitted to a convent of Poor Clares. Good idea?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I picked up from Elizabeth Johnston that, according to media in Belgium, a man who identifies as a woman wants to be admitted to a convent of Poor Clares.

Great idea, right? What could go wrong?

Actually, now that I think about it, the Jesuits and a lot of other religious orders… heck… and dioceses have been admitting effeminate men to the ranks and absolutely nothing has gone wrong with that right?

As an now retired bishop once told me, warning me about a few priests of the diocese waaaay back in the day,

“There are old women of both sexes.”

The other day I saw a good piece at Crisis penned by women who want men to be men. Good idea. As a matter of fact, there’s no way out of the spiral of disaster we are in until that happens.

Man who identifies as a woman wants to be admitted to a convent of Poor Clares. Good idea?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'Everywhere I register, the sisters are enthusiastic,' the man said.

NIJLEN, Belgium, April 9, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — A 46-year-old Catholic man in Belgium who identifies as female is pushing to gain entrance to a convent as a nun where he hopes to live the remainder of his life as a religious sister.

“Eefje” Spreuters told Radio 2 Antwerp, as reported by VRT.be, that “everywhere I register, the sisters are enthusiastic. But it is not allowed by the rules,” he says, for a man who believes himself to be female to enter the convent.

Continued below.
Man claiming to be female wants to become nun: ‘I will not give up, even if I have to go to the Vatican’

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
upload_2021-4-12_17-15-30.jpeg

:|

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I picked up from Elizabeth Johnston that, according to media in Belgium, a man who identifies as a woman wants to be admitted to a convent of Poor Clares.

Great idea, right? What could go wrong?

Actually, now that I think about it, the Jesuits and a lot of other religious orders… heck… and dioceses have been admitting effeminate men to the ranks and absolutely nothing has gone wrong with that right?

As an now retired bishop once told me, warning me about a few priests of the diocese waaaay back in the day,

“There are old women of both sexes.”

The other day I saw a good piece at Crisis penned by women who want men to be men. Good idea. As a matter of fact, there’s no way out of the spiral of disaster we are in until that happens.

:doh:

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟805,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Deuteronomy 22:5
“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

If he's not following God's commandments, then I don't see why (other than corrupting the church from the inside) he would want to join.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Deuteronomy 22:5
“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.

If he's not following God's commandments, then I don't see why (other than corrupting the church from the inside) he would want to join.
I’ve worked with the mentally ill. And he has that aura/look to me. But I don’t know. All one can do is pray the Lord’s will be done.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw a documentary where a man wanted to become a lesbian. Where does it end? :doh:

Two different endings - The First the complete and utter collapse of Western Civilization or Second sane people run the insane away and western civilization is saved for a while more. I think western civilization will end up like Rome eventually

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,663,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I saw a documentary where a man wanted to become a lesbian. Where does it end? :doh:
I’ve heard that sort before. Repeatedly. Seriously. When does these nonsensical labels end?

• Agree
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think he should be required to go into a mental institution until he gets his head straight and acknowledges he's actually a man, and then, if he wants, he can join the Trappists.

Two different endings - The First the complete and utter collapse of Western Civilization or Second sane people run the insane away and western civilization is saved for a while more. I think western civilization will end up like Rome eventually

I think the former rather than the latter. Anyone who has studied the collapse of civilizations can see the signs everywhere; the rejection of religious faith, the nearly non-existent adherence to marriage vows or chaste sexuality, the flouting of laws and good citizenship, the violence, the rejection of the lessons of history, the explosion of homosexual practice and odd gender identities----this culture is circling the drain.

It may be a major collapse of the economy...we are, after all, trillions of dollars in debt. It may be a collapse of what's left of law and order, and a swift descent into anarchy. Or it may be the advent of a third world war, with China, Russia, and the Muslim bloc on one side, and the fading West on the other. Any of it could lead to the destruction of everything we have known for hundreds of years, and we'd end up moving into a new dark age, which, if the last time is any barometer, it will be at least a millennia before mankind moves out of it on the other end.

Or---it may be the beginning of the end of everything, and we're looking at the Parousia, which is a possibility that's exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I forgot to mention asteroid strikes or the Yellowstone supervolcano blowing its cork, both of which are also real possibilities.

Just trying to keep your Thursday morning bright and cheery, on a positive, uplifting note. :)

• Haha
Upvote 0