Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"A drunk driver speeding down a two-lane highway at 85+ mph in the wrong lane around a blind corner destroyed my family," writes Zach Kincaid. If you want to know what that destruction looks like, Kincaid makes it plain to see. The father of four posted a series of photos on Facebook from the Sept. 26 funeral of wife Krystil Kincaid and his unborn daughter, who was at 36 weeks gestation and was to be named Avalynn Onix, reports the Sacramento Bee. They were killed in Hemet, Calif., in September when 28-year-old pro boxer Marcos Forestal, who was allegedly drunk, crashed his BMW head-on into Krystil Kincaid's minivan.

Man Shares Photos of Wife, Unborn Child Killed in Crash

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I went on google to look at the location of the accident... There is a 4 way stop sign near the accident site, roads are your typical two lane road one for each direction with a double yellow line which means "no passing".

He claims to not have been drunk. If he was not drunk, I would bet bottom dollar he was probably texting while driving.

Of course, I was not there, but that would be my guess. The amount of people texting while driving is insane.

As far as the accident, was he really going 85mph? Seems implausible for him to survive an accident at that speed.

in any event, if he was impaired or texting while driving he should get the book thrown at him.
\
I really hate how these stories repeat year after year after year...

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's one thing that we, in the US, don't take nearly seriously enough.

We throw the book at people for victimless crimes, but for things pertaining to traffic violations (something that kills tens of thousands, and injures hundreds of thousands), we give people chance after chance after chance.

We should be taking the hard-line approach that some other nations take where, the first time you get caught driving drunk...it's not a suspension, it's not a "take this 30 day class and do 40 hours of community service" , it's not "well, you have to have these special yellow plates for a year"... None of that...it's "you get caught doing this, your license is gone for good!"

Driving is serious business that has serious consequences when not taken seriously.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

We throw the book at people for victimless crimes, but for things pertaining to traffic violations (something that kills tens of thousands, and injures hundreds of thousands), we give people chance after chance after chance.

We should be taking the hard-line approach that some other nations take where, the first time you get caught driving drunk...it's not a suspension, it's not a "take this 30 day class and do 40 hours of community service" , it's not "well, you have to have these special yellow plates for a year"... None of that...it's "you get caught doing this, your license is gone for good!"

Driving is serious business that has serious consequences when not taken seriously.
Classes are better. There's no way you can keep someone from driving. Many people are drive with no drivers license. Or fake ID. I do think the should have stricter laws

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Classes are better. There's no way you can keep someone from driving. Many people are drive with no drivers license. Or fake ID. I do think the should have stricter laws

take a fraction of the "War on Drugs" fervor this country has and put it to punishing Drunk Drivers.

My aunt was killed by Drunk Driver. She was crossing a 4-way stop sign intersection late at night when a drunk driver ran the stop sign and hit her at 55 MPH.

That was his 4th DWI within a 10 year time span.
His other 3 he had been involved in car accidents. Every time he was "sorry", every time he cried his eyes out in court. And every time, he got a slap on the wrist.

Even with hitting my Aunt he was only sentenced to 5 to 7 years, and he got out in less than 2 years for "good behavior"

• Agree
Reactions: ThatRobGuy
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
take a fraction of the "War on Drugs" fervor this country has and put it to punishing Drunk Drivers.

My aunt was killed by Drunk Driver. She was crossing a 4-way stop sign intersection late at night when a drunk driver ran the stop sign and hit her at 55 MPH.

That was his 4th DWI within a 10 year time span.
His other 3 he had been involved in car accidents. Every time he was "sorry", every time he cried his eyes out in court. And every time, he got a slap on the wrist.

Even with hitting my Aunt he was only sentenced to 5 to 7 years, and he got out in less than 2 years for "good behavior"
I believe there should be harsher punishment . They should no better. I just don't see permanently taking their driving licence away will work.

Upvote 0