Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rules are the rules. Lets see if you can follow.
The Queen of England is a Ruler so you need to take this up with her.
Official_Diamond_Jubilee_Portrait_of_the_Queen_of_Canada.jpg

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:oldthumbsup:

:oldthumbsup:

Arminian, with the stipulation: once saved, always saved.
So we do not have to spend our whole life trying to prove to God that we are worthy?

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So we do not have to spend our whole life trying to prove to God that we are worthy?
Indeed.

Jesus does that for us, by making us worthy with His shed blood on Calvary.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also against rules to preach on the science forum.
I could be wrong, but I believe CF and other Christian sites that have science subforums are for the purpose of those who want to propagate their science within the confines of a Christian arena.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed.

There is no other way to be saved. That is why I say if a Muslim wants to go to Heaven they are going to have to convert and become a Messianic Muslim because there is no other way to be saved other then Jesus.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There is no other way to be saved. That is why I say if a Muslim wants to go to Heaven they are going to have to convert and become a Messianic Muslim because there is no other way to be saved other then Jesus.
:amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No apologetics on science forum.
Yes exactly, this in not a forum where we are expected to have to defend our faith and people here are almost in constant violation of the rules attacking the faith and harassing people to defend their faith. There are other forums better suited for that. This is a forum to talk about the Science.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed.

The amazing thing is that a comet will be going over Jerusalem on Friday the 13 April 2029 to mark the 2,000 years sense Jesus Shed His Blood. There is no way something like that can be a coincidence. Then 7 years later the comet will be back on Resurrection Sunday to mark the day that Jesus rose from the dead. There is no way this could be a coincidence.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes exactly, this in not a forum where we are expected to have to defend our faith and people here are almost in constant violation of the rules attacking the faith and harassing people to defend their faith. There are other forums better suited for that. This is a forum to talk about the Science.

Bad arguments can be pointed out in this forum, which is something you don't seem to like very much.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bad arguments can be pointed out in this forum, which is something you don't seem to like very much.
Your argument is more twisted then a pretzel. That is wonderful if people can find any valid weak points in my argument so I can strengthen what I believe in. It is just very rare that the infidels are able to make any sort of a valid argument.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Your argument is more twisted then a pretzel. That is wonderful if people can find any valid weak points in my argument so I can strengthen what I believe in. It is just very rare that the infidels are able to make any sort of a valid argument.

Big time; LOL

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You "believed for 50 years" from a statement in an earlier post.

What made you go into unbelief you now spread on a Christian forum.

Interesting.

You speak down, not up.

Yet you never recieved the baptism of the Holy Spirit. A face to face encounter with Him on High revealing Himself in no uncertain manor.

You speak foolisly to those who know Him. Not those who carry a Bible around like apparently you did.

You apparently turned from the Bible. Christianity is a relationship with Him.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You "believed for 50 years" from a statement in an earlier post.

What made you go into unbelief you now spread on a Christian forum.

Interesting.

You speak down, not up.

Yet you never recieved the baptism of the Holy Spirit. A face to face encounter with Him on High revealing Himself in no uncertain manor.

You speak foolisly to those who know Him. Not those who carry a Bible around like apparently you did.

You apparently turned from the Bible. Christianity is a relationship with Him.

What made me change my mind? Knowledge. And knowledge that allowed me to relook at my beliefs and conclude, i could no longer reconcile the christian story with well evidenced reality.

With that said, i have no interest in getting christians to leave their faith, but am very interested in how they justify what they believe in. The psychology of belief, is very intriguing to me.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Then what is this called?
It is called a post with the dumb act of images of web pages rather than links :eek:!

It is called a post with irrational insults and a lie. This is a single researcher at one university being found guilty of embezzlement. The honest "Ivory Tower" (Duke University) took an look at her work and found unreliable data. Duke officials honestly told journals about this and papers were retracted and amended.

There is a current lawsuit in progress naming a former supervisor of Potts-Kant and Duke University because they were responsible for supervising her work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
Yet, the Bible fits together into one cohesive story with an appropriate beginning, a logical ending, a central character, and a consistent theme.
That is wrong, joshua 1 9. Reading the Bible reveals
  • contradictory stories in Genesis,
  • an inappropriate beginning (Adam and Eve never existed!),
  • an illogical ending (the whole rapture business?),
  • several "central" characters,
  • inconstant themes, e.g. the OT genocide, rape and slavery themes do not get into the NT.
  • etc.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
You are correct we read in the story of the Tower of Babel that the language was confused.
The story of the Tower of Babel is a nice myth to explain the origin of languages and gets it completely wrong, joshua 1 9.
The literal belief that the world's linguistic variety originated with the tower of Babel is pseudoscientific, sometimes called pseudolinguistics, and it is contrary to known facts about the origin and history of languages.[36]

In the Biblical introduction of the Tower of Babel myth, in Genesis 11:1, it is said that everyone on Earth spoke the same language, but this is inconsistent with the Biblical description of the post-Noahic world described in Genesis 10:5, where it is said that the descendants of Shem, Ham, and Japheth gave rise to different nations, each with their own language.[2]:26 Some explain this discrepancy by saying that the order of the narrative is not the same as the order of events.[37]

There have also been a number of traditions around the world that describe a divine confusion of the one original language into several, albeit without any tower. Aside from the Ancient Greek myth that Hermes confused the languages, causing Zeus to give his throne to Phoroneus, Frazer specifically mentions such accounts among the Wasania of Kenya, the Kacha Naga people of Assam, the inhabitants of Encounter Bay in Australia, the Maidu of California, the Tlingit of Alaska, and the K'iche' Maya of Guatemala.[38] (See also: Mythical origins of language)

The Estonian myth of "the Cooking of Languages"[39] has also been compared.

Upvote 0