Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The North Dakota man who allegedly admitted to fatally striking a teenage pedestrian with his car because the pair had “a political argument” was released from jail on Tuesday after posting $50,000 bond, records show.
NEWS ALERT: Man freed after admitting he mowed down ‘Republican’ teen over politics
The double standard for the left versus those who are not part of the left is a fact.

The double standard of allowing bond? What on earth are you talking about? :scratch:

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I made no comment about what I belive, only what the article said and how the OP misrepresented it.
What you commented about the OP's misrepresentation was a major fail. The OP wasn't far off at all. If the accused is claiming self-defense, as his reason for running someone over that threatened him, the OP hardly needed to include that bogus defense.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟304,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Wait, so running people over that you disagree with because they impeded your movement in a vehicle is now not okay? What about all those ambulances trying to get to the hospital??

I mean, OF COURSE IT'S NOT. It never was. At least not to most people even though states literally passed laws that allow it in some situation. I wonder of North Dakota is one of those?

(EDIT: Oh, look! It didn't pass, but Republicans certainly tried.There sure is support among Republicans for such a bill. North Dakota lawmakers vote 'no' on protecting drivers who hit protesters

Kempenich defended the bill Monday before a vote, saying current laws had failed to protect citizens, and that the much publicized bill was mischaracterized by the media.

“I’d like to see this bill passed forward. I think that it shows that we are willing to stand up for the citizens of this state,” he said.)

At any rate, yeah this guy messed up. Badly. and if he's found guilty then he deserves to spend pretty much the rest of his life in prison. People's political views should never be a reason to physically assault and kill people. I think most Americans would agree with that.

Most. Like, 2/3rds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Moral Orel

Proud Citizen of Moralton
Site Supporter
May 22, 2015
✟476,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What you commented about the OP's misrepresentation was a major fail. The OP wasn't far off at all. If the accused is claiming self-defense, as his reason for running someone over that threatened him, the OP hardly needed to include that bogus defense.
The OP makes a claim about what the driver admitted to, not a claim about what happened. So yes, if you're describing what the driver said you're describing the "bogus defense" or you're lying.

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟160,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
  • Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟160,790.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Non-violent conservatives are jailed, violent leftists are released.
He wasn't simply released; he was released on bail (and a rather high one, at that). He'll still have to stand trial and if found guilty, will receive prison time.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟214,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He wasn't simply released; he was released on bail (and a rather high one, at that). He'll still have to stand trial and if found guilty, will receive prison time.
There were people at the capitol who did no violence and are being held in horrible conditions, this guy murdered a conservative and is out on bail.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Major fail!

The man claimed that after an argument the man threatened him and is aleging self defence.

Not even close to what teh OP claims the article said.

He ran over someone with a car in self defense?

Was there a crowd surrounding his car trying to hurt him?

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟243,754.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So, I've been thinking about this post and find it pretty disturbing. And I don't mean just the heinous crime that was committed which EVERYONE agrees was heinous and deserving of lengthy prison time, but the mischaracterization of it. The OP tagged this thread with "Democrat", "Hatred" and "Left" and painted this singular incident as indicative of, not only "leftist ideology" influencing and leading to this killing, but also that "The Left" is being more lenient on this person by allowing him bond than, say, the Jan 6th rioter who have been arrested charged and awaiting trial.

I take some issues with this mischaracterization. Mainly because, well, it's North Dakota. That state is certainly not a bastion for liberal ideology. So what "leftist" elements are there executing a "leftist" agenda that lead to this guy getting bond "unfairly"?

First, no article about this incident has identified anyone involved as a democrat or a "leftist." So, who is OP referring to? Is the assumption being made that because the guy said he thought the kid was a "Republican extremist" then he must automatically be a democrat and a "leftist?" The politics of North Dakota don't support anything the OP is alleging.

Let's take a look:

The Democratic party has held a slim majority in the presidential election 1 time since 1960 in 1964

Trump carried the 2016 election in ND by 35.7%

Biden lost the State by almost the same amount in 2020

The U.S. Congressional Representative and both Senators from the state are Republicans

The ENTIRE Executive branch of the state government are Republicans

The vast majority of the state legislature is Republican

There has has only bee 3 Democratic attorneys general in the state since it became a state. The office has been held by a Republican since 2001

The state's attorney, Fritz Fremgen, for Stutsman County where the crime took place was elected to office by the vastly Republican electorate in 2000

There's so much more, but it's obvious that North Dakota is not "Leftist", so how is it some "leftist" agenda that allowed this guy bond because he's allegedly a "Leftist." Given all this, it's actually more likely the guy is a Republican himself.

There are linked lists of Republican officials the OP should contact to voice their dissatisfaction with how this case is being handled. OP needs to reevaluate the thread tags and characterization presented in this piece of outrage inappropriate content they have fabricated.

Upvote 0