Man Found Dead at West Hollywood Home of Prominent Democratic Donor Ed Buck — for 2nd Time

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He was killed TWICE?

Whoa. It must have been him that exposed pizzagate.

You only have to kill a person once to make 'em mad.
Ringo

• Haha
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

I will admit to not following these cases all that closely, but I work in the Entertainment industry in LA and it isn't all that surprising that someone can have 2 dead people in their residence in a close period of time "if" they are part of the party crowd.

Sure, it is unusually and statistically improbable however that doesn't in and of itself mean something nefarious happened.

If people come to your place hyped up and preloaded on drugs and alcohol then continue the party at your place and take things too far then yeah, they can OD.

yeah, sounds strange but not necessarily so strange that we should automatically assume the worst.

just sayin...

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Excellent and interesting point dgiharris.
Didn't even notice the location. Too fixated on a guy dying twice.
Truth be told

having been to a couple of Hollywood parties...
I'm surprised more people don't die

I know, it's a terrible thing to say, but the way people just take drugs from just anyone without any regard to whatever other previous drug they've taken is something that always makes me uncomfortable.

I was at an event a few weeks ago and one of the actresses declares, "I'm way too sober right now, someone give me something..." and without missing a beat several people offered her stuff. SHe took some edibles, then smoked something, then took a pill of something (I think ecstacy)... not to mention alcohol...

was at another event where one of the actresses got so drunk/high that she completely forgot where she was at, who people were, who she was...

So yeah, surprised more people don't die... actually, they might, who knows, it might be like child abductions, it happens all the time but doesn't make the news unless it is a special case...

I dunno, just sayin...

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will admit to not following these cases all that closely, but I work in the Entertainment industry in LA and it isn't all that surprising that someone can have 2 dead people in their residence in a close period of time "if" they are part of the party crowd.

Sure, it is unusually and statistically improbable however that doesn't in and of itself mean something nefarious happened.

If people come to your place hyped up and preloaded on drugs and alcohol then continue the party at your place and take things too far then yeah, they can OD.

yeah, sounds strange but not necessarily so strange that we should automatically assume the worst.

just sayin...
Funnily enough I have never had anyone drop dead in my house of overdosing and I find it strange that someone has had two people do that. Perhaps we have nothing in common?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Funnily enough I have never had anyone drop dead in my house of overdosing and I find it strange that someone has had two people do that. Perhaps we have nothing in common?
Likely correct. Nothing in common.

The lifestyles some people lead is beyond comprehension at times.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Likely correct. Nothing in common.

The lifestyles some people lead is beyond comprehension at times.

Yes, and then add in "LA" Lifestyles... seriously LA is like it's own weird universe with its own laws of physics...

For instance, one thing that is common here in LA is being 100% broke and fabulous. I know several C list celebrities that drive $80k cars but barely have $20 for gas. Same thing with being a working actor and having paid gigs on TV, and yet being near homeless...

Then there is the Sex, Drugs, and Rock-n-Roll aspect of LA and then just a ton of peculiar stuff like crashing a party that leads to another party and before you know it you are in Ron Howard's house talking to one of the Writer's for a Star War's movie...

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, and then add in "LA" Lifestyles... seriously LA is like it's own weird universe with its own laws of physics...

For instance, one thing that is common here in LA is being 100% broke and fabulous. I know several C list celebrities that drive $80k cars but barely have $20 for gas. Same thing with being a working actor and having paid gigs on TV, and yet being near homeless...

Then there is the Sex, Drugs, and Rock-n-Roll aspect of LA and then just a ton of peculiar stuff like crashing a party that leads to another party and before you know it you are in Ron Howard's house talking to one of the Writer's for a Star War's movie...
Sounds kind of horrible.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sounds kind of horrible.

It is horrible and beautiful at the same time.

LA is like New York City and Paris and Tokyo and London... It is a place everyone goes to chase a dream. But most don't realize how hard that dream is to catch nor what is required to catch that dream.

Truth is, it is incredibly hard work. You are trying to out perform people who are better looking than you and more talented than you. Most people that come to LA are used to being the best looking person in their class or the most talented actor, singer, artist, *whatever* in their city in No-wheres-ville USA. They then come to LA and for the first time in their lives they have to compete with a bunch of people just like themselves. ANd when I say a bunch, I mean A BUNCH. Imagine being a 6'0" gorgeous blonde and you go to an audition and there are literally 50 blondes that look just like you all reading for the same part.

But on the flip side, if you are willing to put in the time, couch surf, be "near homeless" and broke and fabulous keeping up appearances while chasing the dream and working hard then it "can" pay off. One of my very close dear friends who has been couch surfing, acting, bartending, waitressing, being a bus boy (or girl rather), dish washer etc had put together her own Youtube channel and had been doing bit acting parts all over the city... She finally got a break and was picked up for a Fantasy Series that USA or Fox is going to air next year. She has a major role, not the main character but a supporting character that is in almost every episode!!! The gig pays decent, she can now afford a nice apartment etc and regardless of if the series hits or not, it will launch her career...

It is a tough town, but you will definitely walk away with some interesting life memories

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is a tough town, but you will definitely walk away with some interesting life memories

Now I’m curious what sort of work you do. I’m also in the entertainment industry but I’m happy to be in a segment that doesn’t require being in LA.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sounds kind of horrible.

That place sounds like Sodom and Gomorrah.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0