Man charged with threatening Bill Clinton.

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Defensor Fidei said:
That has absolutely no effect on the percent chance of one of America's nearly 300 million people today attempting to assassinate the president.

I overestimated the source of those statistics; they are not even educated guesses, but completely irrelevant historical facts.

My brain just exploded.

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green
Norseman said:
My brain just exploded.
Why? I was agreeing with Quantos that those were historical facts. I for a moment believed they were real statistics based on modern America that would be relevant to this discussion, but it turned out otherwise.

Upvote 0

Norseman

EAC Representative
Apr 29, 2004
Currently in China
✟13,677.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Defensor Fidei said:
Why? I was agreeing with Quantos that those were historical facts. I for a moment believed they were real statistics based on modern America that would be relevant to this discussion, but it turned out otherwise.

I'm not even going to bother.

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green
Norseman said:
I'm not even going to bother.
Explain to me how those statistics are relevant to the chance of a president being assassinated today. At each of those assassinations in history, America was a different country and there were different motives behind the killings. Those people are all long dead today. Do you have any statistics that show what the percentage chance is of an American "wacko" living today assassinating a living president or former president?

Upvote 0