yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
CSB
After removing him, he raised up David as their king and testified about him:’ I have found David the son of Jesse to be a man after my own heart, who will carry out all my will.’
CEB
After God removed him, he raised up David to be their king. God testified concerning him, ‘I have found David, Jesse’s son, a man who shares my desires. Whatever my will is, he will do.’
CJB
God removed him and raised up David as king for them, making his approval known with these words, ‘I found David Ben-Yishai to be a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want.’

OBEDIENCE, not feelings.

• Agree
Reactions: Loyce KG
Upvote 0

Pethesedzao

Dec 29, 2018
Bristol
✟17,354.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Passionate is usually sinful. Even for husbands or wives.
When David danced before the Lord, He was full of joy, sheer joy and worship, not passion.
The Passion of Christ's suffering??

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I don't see "passion for God" as sinful. The more time I spend with Him the more I desire to be with Him, and the more joyful I am. A deep joy, one that is not necessarily measured by dancing or jumping up and down, etc., but a deep peace and satisfaction in Him and only Him.

Upvote 0

worshipjunkie

Dec 30, 2018
Springfield
✟27,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't see "passion for God" as sinful. The more time I spend with Him the more I desire to be with Him, and the more joyful I am. A deep joy, one that is not necessarily measured by dancing or jumping up and down, etc., but a deep peace and satisfaction in Him and only Him.

In my limited experience, I have found this to be very true. I believe God is most glorified in us when we are most delighted in Him. C.S. Lewis said "Fully to enjoy is to glorify. In commanding us to glorify Him God is inviting us to enjoy Him."

Upvote 0