Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think you understand what a red herring is. Someone made a comment about crimes being committed on live streams, I pointed out other acts not to divert attention, but to point to a new medium that showcases extreme acts in our society, like live streaming your own suicide. Perhaps you should read up logical fallacies before claiming other people are using them.

Let me guess, "something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting."

The subject being discussed was a specific case where a WHITE person was being kidnapped and tortured by black people, and then you brought up about other things that people live stream. This distracts from what was being discussed.

• Agree
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you.

If a black person is shot by a white police officer, there are riots by black people. It's presumed by them to be an injustice, even before they know any of the other facts. When a white person is shot by a police officer (no matter the cop's color), we don't see riots.

It also has nothing to do with "lack of punishment" when the riots happen after the shooting (or the video of a shooting), rather than after a verdict.
Given the fact that there have not been riots after every police shooting, I think it is rather presumptuous to claim otherwise? Were there riots after Eric Garner? Walter Scott? Tamir Rice? Sandra Bland? Philando Castile? Over 250 black people were killed by the in 2016, were there over 250 riots? No. It's a ridiculous and ignorant claim.

• Winner
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The perpetrators were arrested and charged, since when has there been civil unrest due to the police arresting the perpetrator of an alleged racially charged crime?
I would try to jog your memory.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Let me guess, "something, especially a clue, that is or is intended to be misleading or distracting."

The subject being discussed was a specific case where a WHITE person was being kidnapped and tortured by black people, and then you brought up about other things that people live stream. This distracts from what was being discussed.
How does it distract from what is being discussed? You are attempting to label something a red herring using poor reasoning.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
It's obvious, they were not fans of this autistic man.

They were arrested.

People want to make this a bigger deal.

All this really is:
beat_deadhorse.gif

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder if white people in Chicago will riot and burn down their own shopping centers and neighborhoods?
Of course not. White people only riot when their sports team loses. Not over silly things like perceived injustice against their race.

• Haha
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Would you go so far as to suggest that what they did was racially-motivated, meaning that those particular black individuals could be racist?

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
People do all sorts of things in live streams, like suicide, there was even a woman that recently died where the family complained no one called in the emergency despite them viewing her demise.
I googled "Suicide live stream" to find out what story you were talking about and was instantly depressed at the fact that there were so many returns with different cases that I was unable to find it. I could have refined the search but it's just depressing.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

They were arrested.

People want to make this a bigger deal.

All this really is:
beat_deadhorse.gif

LOL!

That smilie looks familiar.

^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Of course not. White people only riot when their sports team loses. Not over silly things like perceived injustice against their race.
Imagine all the free televisions they are losing out on.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Given the fact that there have not been riots after every police shooting, I think it is rather presumptuous to claim otherwise? Were there riots after Eric Garner? Walter Scott? Tamir Rice? Sandra Bland? Philando Castile?

I didn't know Sandra Bland was shot. Doesn't appear that way in the video. In fact, hanging herself in her jail cell isn't something that can be blamed on the police--or any white person.

Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Interesting how the Chicago Four are charged with hate crimes, but the police say racial hatred wasn't a factor.

Weird.

The Associated Press says he was likely targeted for his disability, yet in none of the videos released do you here his tormentors mentioning that. They are however screaming about "white people" and "Trump."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting how the Chicago Four are charged with hate crimes, but the police say racial hatred wasn't a factor.

Weird.

The Associated Press says he was likely targeted for his disability, yet in none of the videos released do you her his tormentors mentioning that. They are however screaming about "white people" and "Trump."

What evidence did they use to determine they targeted him because of his disability?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,047.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What evidence did they use to determine they targeted him because of his disability?

So far, they believe it, which is evidence that it must be true.

Upvote 0