Maloney: Donald misled the American people in his economic report.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump misled us in his economic report. Let's set the record straight - CNN

This year's report misconstrues well-established facts, cherry-picks data, relies on economic theories widely rejected by mainstream economists and entirely omits critical subjects. I correct the record in the Joint Economic Committee Democratic response to the report, which is mandated by law, and was released Thursday.
The report claims full credit for economic conditions that President Trump mostly inherited from President Obama. At the time of President Trump's inauguration, the unemployment rate was 4.7% and trending down, while the economy had added jobs for 76 straight months. Moreover, the average monthly job growth during the last two years of the Obama administration was stronger than the first two years of the Trump administration. Even so, Trump implausibly has claimed that he has achieved an economic turnaround.

Thoughts?

Reactions: tulc

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,822.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
  • Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Tiberius Lee

Sep 6, 2017
Wisconsin
✟145,612.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Here I don’t actually blame President Trump. Nor I want to say he lied. Fact is economy is good, job market is good, stocks are up, unemployment is down. Yes, the trade war might cause a global recession but those are all in theory, we may end up in another mild recession next year, but we are not there yet.

The reason I don’t want to say President Trump lied, because if it was any other President, Democrat or Republican , he/s would have taken all the credit for good economy and not give an ounce of credit to his / her predecessor. That’s the way it has always been.

The concern is the voter. President Trump’s supporter wouldn’t give any credit to President Obama for turning the economy around. As far as they are concern, everything started working January 20, 2017.

Upvote 0