Not open for further replies.

Ann M

Legend
Feb 20, 2004
Brisbane
✟29,179.00
Faith
Catholic
I was listening to a radio interview yesterday with an Opthomologist who works in the Australian Outback, and he was telling the story of a guy who came into the clinic and announced that he couldn't see anything "but it's okay mate, the horse knows" His eyes were milky white from cataracts, which they were able to remove,restoring his sight. This guy lived in a shack where the roof had been partially blown off and walls had fallen in, and he cooked on a wood stove - an independent soul. The Announcer went to ask why it had taken so long for this cobber to get to a doc's, but then answered himself -

"It's the male logic of doctors - If I go to see one, he'll diagnose a terminal illness and I'll die, If I don't, I'll live"."

And the Opthomologist agreed with him :)

OnTheWay

Nov 21, 2005
✟6,746.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yes, men are from Mars and women are from Venus, haha. You know why a lot of men don't go to the doctor? They're too busy working long hours putting food on the table. Or, unlike those for women, there aren't many government programs for needy men that don't have health insurance. It's not a laughing matter; it's a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I see these people all the time. They stay away from doctors so long that there is not much we can do for them. They say that they have not been to a doctor their whole life, yet their heart shows signs of severe strain, their blood pressure is sky high, and they can barely breathe. Health insurance won't help these men. They should go get checked

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yes, men are from Mars and women are from Venus, haha. You know why a lot of men don't go to the doctor? They're too busy working long hours putting food on the table. Or, unlike those for women, there aren't many government programs for needy men that don't have health insurance. It's not a laughing matter; it's a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

Ha! You should meet my dad...

Upvote 0

isabella1

All is in God's hand!
Nov 23, 2007
Home
✟20,118.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes I agree, it is a problem that needs to be addressed. But I also want to add, that if a Man is fortunate to be working and a Woman is fortunate to stay at home to take care of him and the family, sometimes a man needs to listen to the wisdom of the woman. And follow the advice the woman has to offer, when it concerns his health. Before he gets to the point of needing a doc.

I have too gone long periods of time without health insurance. I had to keep my self healthy by what I ate, exercise, and some supplements when I couldn't get enough out of the foods I ate.

Example, proper diet, foods that build and repair the body. Foods with antioxidants to build the immune system. Taking walks together for exercise, which could be a time to talk and build the relationship, as well as a stress relief.

I know many woman who offer this to their spouses or male companions, and some of them just flat out reject the wisdom of a woman.

Upvote 0

helenofbritain

St Mary MacKillop of the Cross, pray for us
Oct 24, 2006
Canberra
✟21,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I see these people all the time. They stay away from doctors so long that there is not much we can do for them. They say that they have not been to a doctor their whole life, yet their heart shows signs of severe strain, their blood pressure is sky high, and they can barely breathe. Health insurance won't help these men. They should go get checked
Are you a doctor Jerome? Or a nurse?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.