Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,013.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
So everyone knows that the Loch Ness Monster exists, right? I certainly do. If you do an internet search for "people who have been eaten by the Loch Ness Monster" you will find millions of results. I also know this cryptozoologist who totally agrees with me. He SAW it once! Anyone who doesn't except my hearsay is just dodging the issue. Common sense!

I heard Nessie, Bigfoot, and Dracula regularly get together and hold a kegger. My cousin Dave said he knew this guy Bob who was out camping and stumbled into their camp and was invited to party with them! He said Bigfoot has a great singing voice but I'm not sure I buy that since he was likely pretty drunk by the time they started singing. Common sense!

Upvote 0

therealmccoy

Padawan
Aug 10, 2011
Missouri
✟7,630.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Notice how both authors leave out where the information originated from in the form of a forum, medical article, or book? If an actual source can be linked back to the elusive Dr. Mark himself, rather than "I heard this guy somewhere say...", that would be worth looking at, at least.

That's the major problem when people start making outrageous and irrational arguments. Take the whole issue concerning Obama and his birth certificate. Someone will start a rumor and it'll spread like wildfire because nobody stops to CHECK THE FACTS.

Granted, my gyno is girl. Not because I don't trust a male one, but I want the first time I'm touched by a man to not include rubber gloves and stirrups.

Reactions: hollyda
Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Granted, my gyno is girl. Not because I don't trust a male one, but I want the first time I'm touched by a man to not include rubber gloves and stirrups.

She's probably a lesbian. WHY ELSE WOULD A WOMAN BE A GYNO, I ASK?

Upvote 0
O

Obey The Gospel

Here, I made it easy for you.

I googled the first sentence of this paragraph, and surprisingly, there was a verbatim result. Actually two.

Only two, though. And NEITHER link is from Mark himself, rather from someone like OTG here who is quoting "Dr. Mark" without citing a source. I'll even be extra extra helpful and post what was said on the website.

Notice how both authors leave out where the information originated from in the form of a forum, medical article, or book? If an actual source can be linked back to the elusive Dr. Mark himself, rather than "I heard this guy somewhere say...", that would be worth looking at, at least.

Like I have mentioned before, google "male gyno topix" and you will find the forum.

Upvote 0
O

Obey The Gospel

Another quote from a woman who has been around people training to be male doctors:

I don't believe sending a man to medical school changes the nature of the beast.
I worked at the Medical Board as a young lawyer and was shocked and angered by the things I heard...
I don't see male doctors for anything...

There are lots of reasons why men become gynaecologists - I believe some enjoy the power and control, access and opportunity over womens bodies, some enjoy the gratification that comes from simply doing their job, so don't need to step over the line - the invasive nature of the exam is enough for them - some like humiliating women, some dislike or hate women...
I'm now suspicious of the REAL motives for male doctors to choose this branch of medicine.
I've heard the textbook answers, "I want to help women"...but I no longer believe a word of it.

I think women need to be careful seeing male doctors for anything...a male dermatologist ("Dr" Kevin Tong) was recently sent to prison in Australia for the digital rape of several female patients - it seems likely there were many more victims - women who didn't come forward...you'd have thought you'd be safe with a male dermatologist!
The dynamics of the doctor/patient relationship can make it difficult for a patient to stand up to a doctor. The Dr is in a position of power, the authority figure.

(Juliet)

Upvote 0

hollyda

To read makes our speaking English good
Mar 25, 2011
One Square Foot of Real Estate
✟17,438.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like I have mentioned before, google "male gyno topix" and you will find the forum.

Why is it simple for you to give directions yet not provide links that would support your argument? You have over 50 posts now, so you're free to post links.

A straight link FROM this "Dr. Mark." When you make assertions, you need to support them with sources. Otherwise there is no reason anyone would take you seriously. If you want us to treat this like an actual concern -- if you're truly worried about this, think it's an ethical problem, and NOT just trolling for attention -- providing links (rather than posting uncited quotes) should be no problem.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
Another quote from a woman who has been around people training to be male doctors:

I don't believe sending a man to medical school changes the nature of the beast.
I worked at the Medical Board as a young lawyer and was shocked and angered by the things I heard...
I don't see male doctors for anything...

There are lots of reasons why men become gynaecologists - I believe some enjoy the power and control, access and opportunity over womens bodies, some enjoy the gratification that comes from simply doing their job, so don't need to step over the line - the invasive nature of the exam is enough for them - some like humiliating women, some dislike or hate women...
I'm now suspicious of the REAL motives for male doctors to choose this branch of medicine.
I've heard the textbook answers, "I want to help women"...but I no longer believe a word of it.

I think women need to be careful seeing male doctors for anything...a male dermatologist ("Dr" Kevin Tong) was recently sent to prison in Australia for the digital rape of several female patients - it seems likely there were many more victims - women who didn't come forward...you'd have thought you'd be safe with a male dermatologist!
The dynamics of the doctor/patient relationship can make it difficult for a patient to stand up to a doctor. The Dr is in a position of power, the authority figure.

(Juliet)
This is all "I believe" and "I have heard".

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
In a gyno forum a doctor named Mark gives his opinion. I know you will refuse to believe he is a doctor because you're determined to ignore reality. But until the Lord returns I will continue to expose male gynecologists. Raed what Dr. Mark has to say about this:

“My considered opinion, after hearing serveral of my male colleagues talking informally about their practices in gynecology, is that men should not be gynecologists. Period. I simply don’t feel that a man can have the proper frame of mind to care for women in such an intimate setting, and despite all the talk of, “this is what they’re trained for,” etc, I hear their “locker-room talk” and I just think that gynecologic practice should be restricted to women.”

"Locker-room talk" is something else entirely than violating a patient. I have no doubts that many doctors talk about their female patients in informal settings, hanging around on personal time, and do so in less than flattering terms. "Man, today this chick came in for an exam, and she was smokin' hot." Yeah, I believe that. But that happens in pretty much every profession. A male dentist hanging out with other male dentists: "This girl had huge bazingas, and I could totally see down her shirt during the cleaning; it was totally of distracting." A male pizza delivery driver: "So she opens the door and she's wearing these really short shorts..." That's just guy talk, and aside from the casual sort of objectification of women, it's not immoral, no matter what sort of work he does. I'm not saying it's the absolute norm, but it's probably fairly common. And in doctors, probably vastly more common than those men acting on that sort of thing or doing anything unprofessional to their patients. Sure, they get to see more than the pizza delivery guy, but they're not any more likely to violate a patient than the delivery guy is to grab his customer's butt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

Obey The Gospel

"Locker-room talk" is something else entirely than violating a patient. I have no doubts that many doctors talk about their female patients in informal settings, hanging around on personal time, and do so in less than flattering terms. "Man, today this chick came in for an exam, and she was smokin' hot." Yeah, I believe that. But that happens in pretty much every profession. A male dentist hanging out with other male dentists: "This girl had huge bazingas, and I could totally see down her shirt during the cleaning; it was totally of distracting." A male pizza delivery driver: "So she opens the door and she's wearing these really short shorts..." That's just guy talk, and aside from the casual sort of objectification of women, it's not immoral, no matter what sort of work he does. I'm not saying it's the absolute norm, but it's probably fairly common. And in doctors, probably vastly more common than those men acting on that sort of thing or doing anything unprofessional to their patients. Sure, they get to see more than the pizza delivery guy, but they're not any more likely to violate a patient than the delivery guy is to grab his customer's butt.

I see, and you don't mind if one of these doctors gets a lustful erection while his face is just a few inches away from your wifes vagina? Do you think that a certificate on the wall justifies this? Your problem is that you keep trying to separate the doctor from the man. You seem to think--like most people--that a male doctor looks at women different than most other men. Are you gonna tell me that male doctors don't like sex, or don't watch inappropriate contentography, or don't look at inappropriate content mags? I have seen doctors after working hours when they are drunk and believe me they are just as human as all the other men who love looking and chatting up attractive women! A white coat and a certificate on the wall doesn't change that. And yer, I'n sure they hold their noses with some women, but not with others! Wake up!

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I see, and you don't mind if one of these doctors gets a lustful erection while his face is just a few inches away from your wifes vagina? Do you think that a certificate on the wall justifies this? Your problem is that you keep trying to separate the doctor from the man. You seem to think--like most people--that a male doctor looks at women different than most other men. Are you gonna tell me that male doctors don't like sex, or don't watch inappropriate contentography, or don't look at inappropriate content mags? I have seen doctors after working hours when they are drunk and believe me they are just as human as all the other men who love looking and chatting up attractive women! A white coat and a certificate on the wall doesn't change that. And yer, I'n sure they hold their noses with some women, but not with others! Wake up!

If my wife's doctor gets an erection while examining my wife, well, too bad for him. That's not exactly a conscious act.

I don't think that a doctor looks at women differently, not at all. I stated earlier that they're pretty much just like the guys in any other profession. They like sex, watch inappropriate content, check out hot women, and try to pick up chicks (just saying they're a doctor helps with that). What I'm saying is that this in no way affects their ability to be competent doctors nor to perform their duties in a professional, ethical manner.

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scout masters, and youth workers, and dentists, and social workers, and teachers etc do not get paid for sitting between a woman's legs to look at and touch her. It doesn't take an intelligent person to see the fundamental difference. Another thing that you missed out is that these male doctors also see hundreds and hundreds of young, attractive women who come in for their yearly check up. And think of police officers. Most police officers probably don't join the force to be a bent copper, but many police officers come to realise what they can get away with and they eventually become corrupt. Male doctors may not go into that profession just to look at women all day, but that doesn't mean they don't enjoy examining a young, attractive woman. They are still men. Common sense!

Who cares if they get paid to do it? Some scout masters abuse the children in their charge. So would you propose we disband every single scout troop? Some ministers take advantage of vulnerable female parishioners, so should we shut down all the churches?

I know, here's a better idea. Let's keep a sense of proportion about this.

By the way, have you ever looked at a women's private areas with a view to seeing if anything is wrong? It really isn't as erotic as you clearly think it is. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's not even remotely erotic.

Upvote 0

contango

...and you shall live...
Jul 9, 2010
Sometimes here, sometimes there
✟16,996.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

(Juliet)

Oh no! That's a disaster! So does that mean we shouldn't have men in positions of providing primary care?

Just when I thought your reasoning couldn't get any more absurd you manage to do just that. I have no idea how you do it, but congratulations for achieving what I thought was impossible.

Upvote 0

NDNgirl4ever

LPN, Vegan Hippie Freak, and Tony Orlando and Dawn
Sep 12, 2004
Florida
Visit site
✟8,598.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
There are actually a lot of people who feel the same way I do about this--men and women. Google "male gynecologist topix" and you will find a forum full of people who share the same views as me. Both men and women!
So what? Why should that matter to me?

As a graduate nurse, I can honestly say that I don't care whether or not a doctor lusts over me during an exam as long as he is competent and professional (which the vast majority of them are).

Why won't you provide any evidence to back up your statements. Don't give me the "you should Google it yourself" cop out. If you make a claim, it's up to you to prove it, not us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Why the obsession?

Upvote 0
O

Obey The Gospel

If my wife's doctor gets an erection while examining my wife, well, too bad for him. That's not exactly a conscious act.

I don't think that a doctor looks at women differently, not at all. I stated earlier that they're pretty much just like the guys in any other profession. They like sex, watch inappropriate content, check out hot women, and try to pick up chicks (just saying they're a doctor helps with that). What I'm saying is that this in no way affects their ability to be competent doctors nor to perform their duties in a professional, ethical manner.

But you're missing the point. Are you confessing to everyone on here that you have no problem with another male putting his face a few inches away from your wife's crotch while he has lustful, impure thoughts that he can now store in his mind for the rest of his life? You haven't got a problem with that?

Upvote 0
O

Obey The Gospel

Who cares if they get paid to do it? Some scout masters abuse the children in their charge. So would you propose we disband every single scout troop? Some ministers take advantage of vulnerable female parishioners, so should we shut down all the churches?

I know, here's a better idea. Let's keep a sense of proportion about this.

By the way, have you ever looked at a women's private areas with a view to seeing if anything is wrong? It really isn't as erotic as you clearly think it is. In fact I'd go as far as to say it's not even remotely erotic.

You forgot to mention the hundreds of young, beautiful, healthy women that the male doctors get to look and poke at. It's interesting how much you like to cherry pick!

Upvote 0
O

Obey The Gospel

So what? Why should that matter to me?

As a graduate nurse, I can honestly say that I don't care whether or not a doctor lusts over me during an exam as long as he is competent and professional (which the vast majority of them are).

Why won't you provide any evidence to back up your statements. Don't give me the "you should Google it yourself" cop out. If you make a claim, it's up to you to prove it, not us.

You just admitted that you don't care whether or not a doctor lusts over you during an exam. Well, some women don't. Not the kind of women I want to be around. If you haven't got a problem being perved on then I say whatever floats your boat. But there are many women who are brainwashed into believing that male doctors do not have dirty thoughts when examining them, and many of these women have been a victim of a TUBE. You should know what a TUBE is. It stands for "Total Unnecessary Breast Exam"

Upvote 0

PreachersWife2004

by his wounds we are healed
Site Supporter
May 15, 2007
Land O' 10,000 Lakes
✟84,030.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You just admitted that you don't care whether or not a doctor lusts over you during an exam. Well, some women don't. Not the kind of women I want to be around. If you haven't got a problem being perved on then I say whatever floats your boat. But there are many women who are brainwashed into believing that male doctors do not have dirty thoughts when examining them, and many of these women have been a victim of a TUBE. You should know what a TUBE is. It stands for "Total Unnecessary Breast Exam"

All the women in my family have had these "TUBES" that you speak of, and for three of them, these "TUBES" that you speak of saved their lives.

I think you have an issue with male doctors because YOU are the one who gets aroused over female genitalia. I think you're projecting your own feelings about it onto doctors to make yourself feel normal. I sure hope you never have to be treated by a gay doctor. He might lust after you, and then God only knows how you'd deal with that.

Common sense, indeed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.