• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. Christian Forum Rules
    There have been a variety of rule changes in the recent months, so please review the Terms and Christian Forum Rules. If you have questions about a particular rule, please start a thread in Contact Us.

Male & Female

Discussion in 'Physical & Life Sciences' started by Resha Caner, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Resha Caner

Resha Caner Expert Fool

+305
    Lutheran
    Married
    What are the differences?

2. Saucy

Saucy we all fllloooaaattt down here Supporter Angels Team CF Ambassadors

+8,852
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    [​IMG]

3. Papias

Papias Listening to TW4

+758
    Catholic
    Married
    There are many differences (I assume you mean in humans). Sexual dimorphism of humans includes different overall size, proportions, and brain/thinking differences and abilities. This is expected because the evolutionary pressures on the sexes are different (due to the differential in offspring cost).

Here is an overview: Sex differences in humans - Wikipedia

In Chrst-

Papias

4. SkyWriting

SkyWriting Berean through and through Supporter

+1,753
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Gender. Go ask your mother.

[​IMG]

5. Radrook

Radrook Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,880
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Is that the official Catholic Church view? That the differences are because of evolution?

6. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+1,207
    Atheist
    Well, they accept evolution, as long as the 'soul' is left out of it.

7. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+6,950
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
  8. Radrook

+1,880
    Non-Denom
    Single
    So the Pope and all other Catholics are theistic evolutionists and see absolutely no conflict between evolution and the Bible? Weird! I was recently taking classes at a Catholic Church and the Bible was being put forth as the Word of God. How do they fit Genesis in with the evolution idea? You can't have it both ways. How do they fit all that into the evolution scheme? The are claiming that Jesus descended from animals? They are also saying that Jesus was deluded because he believed the creation account? LOL!

9. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+6,950
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Catholic church's point of view is; it is not wise to deny well evidenced science. Tends to cause a loss of credibility in putting fanny's in the seats.

10. Radrook

+1,880
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Calling quackery science doesn't magically make it so. Neither does calling things evidence magically make them evidence.

Neither do all scientists and knowledgeable persons agree with you:

BTW
    The Catholic Church is historically notorious for doctrinal leniency towards paganism when deemed to have been convenient. So its present lenient doctrinal policies involving compromise isn't surprising.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  11. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+6,950
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Are you calling the Catholic church quacks?

Furthermore, calling well evidenced science quackery, because it brings you comfort, doesn't make it so.

12. HitchSlap

HitchSlap Saved by science

+2,123
    Atheist
    Married
    Women are better drivers?

13. Radrook

+1,880
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Well evidenced to atheists!
    I am calling the description of a Christian saying that Jesus was deluded about Genesis or was lying and that he descended from lower animals quackery.

14. Look Up

Look Up "What is unseen is eternal"

+162
    Presbyterian
    Married
    As I understand it and aside from rare "footnotes," male and female humans differ from each other wrt chromosomal differences (XX vs. XY), genitalia and reproductive organ differences, some other anatomical differences (in hip bone, numbers of muscle bundles, wrt breasts), "comparative bell-curve" differences in neuron firing numbers between vs. within brain hemispheres, hormonal differences (depending on age), typically relative body hair differences and relative voice tone differences (post-puberty), typically recognizable body shape differences, often though not necessarily wrt body fat distribution and facial shape. Obviously males do not experience the same physiological processes females do in pregnancy, birthing, and breast feeding.

Any such physiological, bodily differences aside, I would suggest culture-specific mores and gender roles may play a role in physiology (e.g., affecting emotions, hence the immune system; possibly epigenetics, nutrition, lifestyle, stress, advantages, and so on).

As to the Christian religion (or what at the moment I can think of as such from my perspective), one wonders if a consequence of doctrine concerning the Imago Dei and marriage is the suggestion/proposition that there are differences in the non-material aspect of males versus females (although clearly both males and females fall under the rubric of "human" and Imago Dei), that is in the soul or spirit. Are marital role differences partly shaped by slight variation in male versus female souls? But I do not have sufficient information to offer anything much in the way of support or refutation perhaps save self-awareness.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  15. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+6,950
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    And how do you know what Jesus said or didn't say about Genesis?

16. Radrook

+1,880
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Better yet, why not go full hog and ask me how can I even be sure that Jesus existed?

17. sunshineforJesus

sunshineforJesus is so in love with God

+2,289
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Republican
    Well put.

18. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+657
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Do you believe the earth revolves around the sun or vice-versa?

19. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+2,627
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    Vive la différence!

20. Radrook

+1,880
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Versa-vice! Do you believe beans come from rice?

Genesis 5:2
    He created them male and female and blessed them. And he named them "Mankind" when they were created.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017