Making this for dinner this upcoming week.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You must really get fresh ones. The ones I see in the meat dept. don't have shells.
Well they do sell them without shells but they still have that rubbery piece that connected to the shell.

Upvote 0

Shane R

Priest
Site Supporter
Jan 18, 2012
Southeast Ohio
✟566,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Interesting. I can get them fully cleaned, just drop in a pan. But I live right by the coast and have access to most any seafood one could want in most any condition one might want it. My kids are very fond of scallops though I have not seen the sea scallops for less than $17.99/lb in months. But they'll eat bay scallops too, which go on sale regularly.

I worked at the fish counter inside a grocery store for a while and the sea scallops came in big can. Sort of like pre-picked crab meat but bigger. I don't think anyone ever asked to buy the whole can. We would pop one open every 2 or 3 days and sell the scallops loose.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. I can get them fully cleaned, just drop in a pan. But I live right by the coast and have access to most any seafood one could want in most any condition one might want it. My kids are very fond of scallops though I have not seen the sea scallops for less than $17.99/lb in months. But they'll eat bay scallops too, which go on sale regularly.

I worked at the fish counter inside a grocery store for a while and the sea scallops came in big can. Sort of like pre-picked crab meat but bigger. I don't think anyone ever asked to buy the whole can. We would pop one open every 2 or 3 days and sell the scallops loose.
Here they are usually 9.99 a pound. In a can sounds dangerous.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well they do sell them without shells but they still have that rubbery piece that connected to the shell.
Are they like so many things that say that the small ones are far more tastier? I was surprised at your answer as it is a fish, sort of? it should taste and smell fishy?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are they like so many things that say that the small ones are far more tastier? I was surprised at your answer as it is a fish, sort of? it should taste and smell fishy?
No it shouldn’t. I like the large ones myself. They have a very delicate buttery flavor.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here they are usually 9.99 a pound. In a can sounds dangerous.
I get mine in an airtight bag that is frozen. Probably flash frozen as Shane said.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well that is interesting as I never thought they might come in something other then fresh in the meat section. :) I will have to take a look next time. One thing I cringe about is refrozen shrimp. It is when they have it on display fresh on ice and then they bag it up and freeze it to sell. ooooooooooooh! yuck. I have bought it and it doesn't taste good. As a matter of fact I have some in my freezer I need to throw away but I hate throwing food away.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well that is interesting as I never thought they might come in something other then fresh in the meat section. :) I will have to take a look next time. One thing I cringe about is refrozen shrimp. It is when they have it on display fresh on ice and then they bag it up and freeze it to sell. ooooooooooooh! yuck. I have bought it and it doesn't taste good. As a matter of fact I have some in my freezer I need to throw away but I hate throwing food away.
Oh they sell it in the seafood section but I do not live on the coast where you can buy this type of thing fresh.

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here's what I got going on right now:

IMG_20210122_151400560.jpg

Finally taking the time to do some sides.

Chicken, Spanish rice, and golden corn!

Nice Shabbat meal. Shalom.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am baking a pork roast hoping the fat will disappear. The outside has pockets of fat and I am hoping there maybe solid meat inside, sigh. Some pork cuts are just a waste to try and save. The pockets were to small and to many to try and cut out.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh they sell it in the seafood section but I do not live on the coast where you can buy this type of thing fresh.
Me either, I think they probably get them frozen and thaw them out for display.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here's what I got going on right now:

View attachment 293872

Finally taking the time to do some sides.

Chicken, Spanish rice, and golden corn!

Nice Shabbat meal. Shalom.
Looks delicious!
WOW you are clean, lol. I think my stove wasn't that clean when it was new>)

Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope you don't mind Michie but your thread has become a catchall, lol. If you'd rather we don't we can go back to the food thread?
No it’s not a problem at all. I enjoy the fellowship! :) Tone has it going on doesn’t he? :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
View attachment 293872
Looks delicious!
WOW you are clean, lol. I think my stove wasn't that clean when it was new>)

When I was first trained to cook, at about 19 years of age, my teacher instilled the idea of cleaning up as I went, and not getting everything all dirty and then cleaning it.

So, when I'm in the kitchen, I'm cleaning while the food cooks and once it's done I clean all the cooking pots and utensils and then ..and only then, do I sit down to eat.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
View attachment 293872

When I was first trained to cook, at about 19 years of age, my teacher instilled the idea of cleaning up as I went, and not getting everything all dirty and then cleaning it.

So, when I'm in the kitchen, I'm cleaning while the food cooks and once it's done I clean all the cooking pots and utensils and then ..and only then, do I sit down to eat.
You’ll make someone a good husband one day. :)

Upvote 0

Tone

Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You’ll make someone a good husband one day. :)

This is one of the nicest things ever said to me. Thank you sister!

Upvote 0