Making the first move with a guy ?? Meeting him on zoom ??

Lucille0

Oct 18, 2020
Uk
✟18,077.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi I posted a thread a bit earlier on this but situations change and I’m needing new advice. I’ll keep it short.

I’m a 20 year old girl, just moved city for Uni and joined a church myself for the first time. It’s 100% online as we’re in total lockdown right now.

I feel God has put it in my heart to be married and have children in the future (as he does many people) and I think I am ready to begin seeing if I should be meeting and getting to know some men.

There are few singles in the church but there is one guy who’s about 25, doing a phd at a neighbouring university who also goes. We have a weekly zoom call together with about 40/50 other people so hard to get speaking but he will know I know that I know of him from seeing him at that and also seeing him liking stuff of the fb group etc.

so I’m thinking, is it too forward to send him a fb friend request / ig follow in a few weeks time when maybe we’ve chatted a bit more ? It’s very common in Christian circles to do that but I’ve never done it ? I wouldn’t message him as it’s not the ‘done thing’ it would merely be an opportunity for a conversation start at some point.

I am 99% he is single and he seems to have some photos of an ex girlfriend on his Facebook and she looks very like me so I think I might be his type (lol).

sorry if this seems immature or stupid in the middle of a pandemic but I want to see what the best way forward with this is, obviously I’m praying about it

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi I posted a thread a bit earlier on this but situations change and I’m needing new advice. I’ll keep it short.

I’m a 20 year old girl, just moved city for Uni and joined a church myself for the first time. It’s 100% online as we’re in total lockdown right now.

I feel God has put it in my heart to be married and have children in the future (as he does many people) and I think I am ready to begin seeing if I should be meeting and getting to know some men.

There are few singles in the church but there is one guy who’s about 25, doing a phd at a neighbouring university who also goes. We have a weekly zoom call together with about 40/50 other people so hard to get speaking but he will know I know that I know of him from seeing him at that and also seeing him liking stuff of the fb group etc.

so I’m thinking, is it too forward to send him a fb friend request / ig follow in a few weeks time when maybe we’ve chatted a bit more ? It’s very common in Christian circles to do that but I’ve never done it ? I wouldn’t message him as it’s not the ‘done thing’ it would merely be an opportunity for a conversation start at some point.

I am 99% he is single and he seems to have some photos of an ex girlfriend on his Facebook and she looks very like me so I think I might be his type (lol).

sorry if this seems immature or stupid in the middle of a pandemic but I want to see what the best way forward with this is, obviously I’m praying about it
You are talking about the same guy as you did on the other thread aren’t you?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hahha yep but this is now updated because we have these more regular calls together so now kind of know who eachother is
Well if you’ve chatted and know of each other. You can request friendship on his FB page I guess. Good luck!

Upvote 0