Making a new Christian game, calling for artists, writers, coders, and volunteers

MonstersvsMartyrs

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟16,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello,
I started work on a game called Monsters vs. Martyrs about 3 years ago. I am now looking for anybody who might be interested in being involved in this project.

I am currently working on a trading card game version of the game. Eventually, by God's grace, I will expand it into a board game, an online RPG, and finally a VR app. But for now all I am working on is the print-to-play TCG. I already have a website purchased for this game at MonstersvsMartyrs.com, but it is down right now.

The basis of the game is quite simple, yet unique: The player must battle against the forces of evil using Holy Scriptures.

There are two decks: The Guardian Angel (Good), and the Devil's Advocate (Evil). You can either play as a single player or with two players, one playing good and one playing evil. First a Devil's Advocate card is drawn and placed face up on the table. This is usually a Demon, with a Vice (out of 25 different Vices, such as Greed, Sloth, etc) and a number value for that Vice, depending on how powerful the card is. The Guardian Angel player must then either recite that many verses about that Vice (So for instance: Say there is a Demon card with Hatred 3. The player must recite 3 Bible Verses about Love to defeat that card) or they must use one of their cards with an opposing Virtue of the same value or more to defeat it. (So, in this case a Holy Relic with Love 3.) Whoever wins gets a Mortal Soul card, whoever ends up with the most Mortal Souls wins.

I have created a few card prototypes for the game already, and have a lot of the project completed. The problem is that it is proving hard to put it all together. It seems like it should be simple, but the scale of the game is problematic, somehow. Perhaps I am just not organized enough to finish the game in a linear fashion. Or perhaps it is the game's complexity of content that is difficult. It's hard to put together something playable-I don't know why, I think it might just be the structure of the game. Since it is based on historical and mythological figures, with values ranging from about 1-300, It's just hard to determine which cards to use, what values they should each have, etc.

I intend to create a very basic, simple deck at first, and expand upon it from there, adding new themes as I go. The first deck will have only the most famous characters and items from history and the Bible-cards of various values, with at least one card of each type for every vice and virtue. This deck will include things like the Shield of Faith, the 12 Disciples, etc.

Later I will release other cards and decks. Themes will include the Middle Ages, Ancient Rome, etc.

I am using public domain art whenever I can find it, mostly paintings from the medieval era, for illustrations. I will have to commission an artist to complete any of the cards I can't find public domain art for. Each card also has a description inside, explaining what it is, and the history of it.

For this first deck, I have to finish this many cards:
25 cards in each of these categories, one for each Virtue:
Holy Relics
Saints
Angels
Blessings

25 cards in each of these categories, one for each Vice:
Demons
Witches
Satan's Saints
Occult Artifacts
Curses

Miscellaneous cards:
Beasts
Spirits
Weapons
Mortal Souls

So, about 200 cards. I have already made over 75.

Anyway I would like to request some help from anybody who might be willing to volunteer whatever help they would like to give. I could use people who want to contribute ideas for cards, researchers and writers to find ideas and write descriptions for cards, artists who would be willing to make art for it, coders who would like to work on the website, and anybody else who would like to be involved. I can do this by myself, but it's taking significantly longer than I had hoped for-mostly because I just don't know where to start and how to stay on track.

May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hello,
I started work on a game called Monsters vs. Martyrs about 3 years ago. I am now looking for anybody who might be interested in being involved in this project.

I am currently working on a trading card game version of the game. Eventually, by God's grace, I will expand it into a board game, an online RPG, and finally a VR app. But for now all I am working on is the print-to-play TCG. I already have a website purchased for this game at MonstersvsMartyrs.com, but it is down right now.

The basis of the game is quite simple, yet unique: The player must battle against the forces of evil using Holy Scriptures.

There are two decks: The Guardian Angel (Good), and the Devil's Advocate (Evil). You can either play as a single player or with two players, one playing good and one playing evil. First a Devil's Advocate card is drawn and placed face up on the table. This is usually a Demon, with a Vice (out of 25 different Vices, such as Greed, Sloth, etc) and a number value for that Vice, depending on how powerful the card is. The Guardian Angel player must then either recite that many verses about that Vice (So for instance: Say there is a Demon card with Hatred 3. The player must recite 3 Bible Verses about Love to defeat that card) or they must use one of their cards with an opposing Virtue of the same value or more to defeat it. (So, in this case a Holy Relic with Love 3.) Whoever wins gets a Mortal Soul card, whoever ends up with the most Mortal Souls wins.

I have created a few card prototypes for the game already, and have a lot of the project completed. The problem is that it is proving hard to put it all together. It seems like it should be simple, but the scale of the game is problematic, somehow. Perhaps I am just not organized enough to finish the game in a linear fashion. Or perhaps it is the game's complexity of content that is difficult. It's hard to put together something playable-I don't know why, I think it might just be the structure of the game. Since it is based on historical and mythological figures, with values ranging from about 1-300, It's just hard to determine which cards to use, what values they should each have, etc.

I intend to create a very basic, simple deck at first, and expand upon it from there, adding new themes as I go. The first deck will have only the most famous characters and items from history and the Bible-cards of various values, with at least one card of each type for every vice and virtue. This deck will include things like the Shield of Faith, the 12 Disciples, etc.

Later I will release other cards and decks. Themes will include the Middle Ages, Ancient Rome, etc.

I am using public domain art whenever I can find it, mostly paintings from the medieval era, for illustrations. I will have to commission an artist to complete any of the cards I can't find public domain art for. Each card also has a description inside, explaining what it is, and the history of it.

For this first deck, I have to finish this many cards:
25 cards in each of these categories, one for each Virtue:
Holy Relics
Saints
Angels
Blessings

25 cards in each of these categories, one for each Vice:
Demons
Witches
Satan's Saints
Occult Artifacts
Curses

Miscellaneous cards:
Beasts
Spirits
Weapons
Mortal Souls

So, about 200 cards. I have already made over 75.

Anyway I would like to request some help from anybody who might be willing to volunteer whatever help they would like to give. I could use people who want to contribute ideas for cards, researchers and writers to find ideas and write descriptions for cards, artists who would be willing to make art for it, coders who would like to work on the website, and anybody else who would like to be involved. I can do this by myself, but it's taking significantly longer than I had hoped for-mostly because I just don't know where to start and how to stay on track.

Do you have a story? If it gets popular you're going to need a dedicated writer. I can help with that. It's all I got, but I'm pretty creative when it comes to writing. If you are still searching that is. Also, PLEASE do NOT give up, this sounds like an awesome way to go about it, only problem is it sounds like you would allow "Devil's Advocate" to win, but it is realistic if so. I don't even want money, just two things.

1. To see you succeed.

2. To learn your skills. Teach me what I need to know to be a more helpful helper to you, and eventually make my own video game.

PM me if you agree to these terms.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you have a story? If it gets popular you're going to need a dedicated writer. I can help with that. It's all I got, but I'm pretty creative when it comes to writing. If you are still searching that is. Also, PLEASE do NOT give up, this sounds like an awesome way to go about it, only problem is it sounds like you would allow "Devil's Advocate" to win, but it is realistic if so. I don't even want money, just two things.

1. To see you succeed.

2. To learn your skills. Teach me what I need to know to be a more helpful helper to you, and eventually make my own video game.

PM me if you agree to these terms.

FYI, I'm offering assistance for the positions of Writer, Card Researcher, and to Contribute Ideas.

Upvote 0