Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This poem is beautiful. In highschool we sang this and it always stuck with me.

downloadfile-3.jpg

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Saint Francis is really cool.

sfa.jpg

I'm not Catholic, but I had to write a research paper about him a long time ago. I really liked learning about him and his devout faith in God.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not Catholic, but I had to write a research paper about him a long time ago. I really liked learning about him and his devout faith in God.
Yeah, he’s got a story, a life, and a vocation that would hopefully inspire any Christian. He’s happily one of those souls, like Teresa of Calcutta, Seraphim of Sarov, and Blessed Thomas a Kempis who have a universal appeal and reach.

• Friendly
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This poem is beautiful. In highschool we sang this and it always stuck with me.

View attachment 307296

I loved that poem prayer too since even when I was a nondenominational Charismatic in 1996. It however should be pointed out it does not come from saint Francis. It was a poem, that was found in a library book, in England during the Early days of World War I, 1915 I believe. Whoever found it loved it as much as it's modern fans and circulated it, where it got famous. I only learned about it, because I was geared for a career in mental health, and I read some AA materials possibly looking for working with that group to get more career experience etc. But it was published in a book on that topic is how I learned about it, The Poem was named after Saint Francis because I think a Catholic person that found it or published it believed it "reflected his spirit". But it's actual authorship is anonymous, but it seems to becoming almost like a modern version of Pseudepigrapha where because it is named after him everybody assumes he actually wrote it etc.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I also recall listening to John Malcom Talbot do a version of it.

That is beautiful. We sang a choral version, but I can't remember who wrote the music. Whoever did author this wrote a beautiful prayer.

Upvote 0