Majority of fentanyl-laced pills now contain a deadly amount, DEA finds

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟488,902.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Fentanyl presents serious dangers to law enforcement.

A lot of those dangers have been overblown and many of those videos are likely panic attacks by the police officers instead of real drug reactions.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟371,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
My posts were relevant in the fact that they refute any assertion that drugs aren't being smuggled across the border by illegals.

But discussing cannabis is still tangential in a fentanyl thread. I’ve heard of claims that marijuana has been laced with fentanyl. And I’ve also read that this hasn’t been conclusively proven. But there should be no question that the largest amount of illegal fentanyl currently enters through regular border crossings.

BTW: Here’s an idea to reduce fentanyl deaths. We all carry Narcan injector pens on our keychains. :oldthumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,500.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data now show fentanyl overdose to be the top cause of death among US adults aged 18-45, surpassing those attributed to COVID-19, suicide, and car accidents. From 2018 to 2020, out of 100,000 adults of that age group, 19.4 succumbed to a fatal fentanyl overdose.​

View attachment 323797

Crikey. A significant rise throughout the Trump administration. Another thing he dropped the ball on.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
But discussing cannabis is still tangential in a fentanyl thread. I’ve heard of claims that marijuana has been laced with fentanyl. And I’ve also read that this hasn’t been conclusively proven. But there should be no question that the largest amount of illegal fentanyl currently enters through regular border crossings.

BTW: Here’s an idea to reduce fentanyl deaths. We all carry Narcan injector pens on our keychains. :oldthumbsup:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!
Narcan packs are pretty common here in Alberta. They can be found in many public places (libraries, malls, many businesses).

Thank you socialized medicine for caring....EVEN for the most broken.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟361,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Crikey. A significant rise throughout the Trump administration. Another thing he dropped the ball on.
I'd love to agree outright but again, I'd say that it's not an increase in users but a poisoning of the supply that caused increased deaths.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,172,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Here’s an idea to reduce fentanyl deaths. We all carry Narcan injector pens on our keychains.
Bit of a contrast from the idea, that some have argued for here a number of times, of setting a maximum number of times an individual is allowed to be revived by first responders

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,172,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'd love to agree outright but again, I'd say that it's not an increase in users but a poisoning of the supply that caused increased deaths.
A result of prohibition that is somehow an argument in favor of prohibition because reasons.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
A lot of those dangers have been overblown and many of those videos are likely panic attacks by the police officers instead of real drug reactions.

I already addressed that in posts #55 and #60.

These appear to be fairly reliable sources.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
But there should be no question that the largest amount of illegal fentanyl currently enters through regular border crossings.

I question that, unless by "regular" you mean the regular stream illegals that are pouring over the border under the Biden administration.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

I would agree that Trump dropped the ball on this play; but Biden grabbed it, and he's racing for the end zone.

So far the Democrats are well ahead in the race to kill off illegal drug abusers.

Should we wait until Trump is back in office, before we start putting pressure on the Executive office to solve the problem?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟371,163.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I question that, unless by "regular" you mean the regular stream illegals that are pouring over the border under the Biden administration.
Don't be concerned about illegals. They're safer wherever they are. No one wants to sneak into a country of deranged gun fanatics and mass shooters.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Don't be concerned about illegals. They're safer in their homes. No one wants to sneak into a country of deranged gun fanatics and mass shooters.
All gun deaths, including gunning down criminals, are a drop in the bucket compared to fentanyl deaths.

The Left really needs to come up with a new schtick to generate hyperbole.

Can we get back to the topic of the thread now?

In the U.S. someone dies every 10 minutes from a synthetic opioid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
In an ever changing world, we might find that stats, tactics, and sources, change over time.

1669436077577.png

https://www.dea.gov/sites/default/files/2020-03/DEA_GOV_DIR-008-20 Fentanyl Flow in the United States_0.pdf

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟137,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Exactly.

This report was created two years ago, and is now unclassified.
You understand that statistical evidence takes time to percolate through the infoshere, right?
Yes, the assessment will change with the 2022 analysis, which we will be discussing in 2024.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,277.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
You understand that statistical evidence takes time to percolate through the infoshere, right?
Yes, the assessment will change with the 2022 analysis, which we will be discussing in 2024.
Why would you suppose that these reports are only generated on a biennial basis?

Why do you suppose that they are deemed "unclassified" on any time table at all; considering that this information could be used by the enemy?

Generally when government documents are declassified; it's because the information in them is no longer a threat to security.

Do you have any evidence to support your assertions?

Upvote 0