Main Problems w "A" or "Post" Millenialism?

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have heard Chrisitan argue over these issues for decades. In the grand scheme of living for Christ what position you take on this issue matters little.
If you understand the rapture and believe, then you will be gone.
If you understand the mark of the beast, you will not take it.
If you are familiar with the actions and traits of the anti-christ, you will not listen or follow.
If you aware of the signs of the end, you can watch and pray.
If you are empowered by the Holy Spirit, you will seek to live for Christ and create a better world regardless.
If you love Christ and belong to Christ, you will both be covered by Christ and know what to do when the time comes - - - does anything else really matter in the end?
Yes it really does matter now and in the end.
I hear what you are saying however and agree with most of it.
The end times is one of if not the most controversial topics within The Word of God.
The Book of Revelation is a big stumbling block for nonbelievers as much of other Scripture .
Therefore it does matter what is understood and taught.
I've talked to many nonbelievers and many have stated they couldn't or wouldn't except Jesus as Saviour because they reject what is contained in the Book of Revelation.
Obviously without the indwelling of The Holy Spirit most of The Word of God will not make sense.
We must present The Word of God properly to a lost and dying world.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about Acts 3:21?

Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

What do you think is meant by the restitution of all things?

I am about to do a post arguing the merits of amillennialism, as I believe, in general, this has been poorly performed, but...

Acts 3:21...

17 “Now, fellow Israelites, I know that you acted in ignorance, as did your leaders. 18 But this is how God fulfilled what he had foretold through all the prophets, saying that his Messiah would suffer. 19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, 20 and that he may send the Messiah, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus. 21 Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets. 22 For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23 Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people.’[a]

Heaven does receive Jesus.

I do not believe that God has yet 'restored everything', otherwise, not at least, until the beginning of Chapter 20, the beginning of the Millennium, and even then, not until after the Millennium is over, and the nations are finally condemned, along with them, Satan. Then, which time, the City comes down from Heaven.

There is no way 'everything has been restored', even with Israel, even with the entire world. Nor, have I found any time period in history, nor any place, where this seems justified for 'already happening yet'.

So, I am lost on how this applies to anything...

If, anything, this verse dispels the notion of the Millennium having already come. This dispels the notion of Jesus yet 'reigning on earth with the saints', as the Millennium text states will happen. This is especially true, as the vast majority of amillennialists are also partial preterists. So, they do not believe, either, that 'everything has been restored'.

To be clear, pre-millenialism certainly does see a long process of restoration, a 'Day of the Lord', but that Day is not literally, 'One Day'.

It is events preceding that Day and events following that Day, as well as the Day as a Thousand Years. Not unusual for people to understand, as Summer or Winter does not come in a single day, but they come gradually, with signs of their coming appearing all around.

Care to explain?

Upvote 0

Reborn1977

Devoted to Jesus - Less of me MORE of HIM
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
✟59,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've talked to many nonbelievers and many have stated they couldn't or wouldn't except Jesus as Saviour because they reject what is contained in the Book of Revelation.

If they did not have that excuse they would have another.

You are not going to convert a person with an argument or sound explanation for the Book of Revelation, people come to Christ because Father God via The Spirit draws them to Christ and salvation, not because of man's persuasion.

John 6:44 (NKJV) - Jesus Speaking
No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
While complaints are anonymous, my sense is, they are only go to be from the poster you are responding to. I am not the sort to complain, in that way, I put my complaints to God and Heaven. I judge in Spirit the believer (or false one posing as a believer).

No believers are shielded by others on their beliefs, everyone stands before God, alone. There is blame to go around, but that blame comes on every single person or angel based on their level of responsibility, and the 'words from their mouth'.

The 'Apostolic Church' bases a large portion of their beliefs on Protestant teachings, this much is clear, from what I have looked into. More importantly, however, you need to do your homework, and consider Christian teachings between you and God.

As the Apostle John told us, 'you do not need a teacher, as the Spirit will guide you into all truth'.

The reason for Orthodox for splitting from Rome was sound, Rome was insisting on and promoting idol worship, which, by that definition, they continue to do, heavily, to this day. The reasons for Protestants splitting with Rome were many, but the time of the Reformation - by any standard - the Church of Rome was heavily corrupted. That corruption was 'top down'.

The amount and depravity of teachings they had which were false were many and deep.

They have been cleansed from a lot of that, but they remain with strong false beliefs and doctrines, many of which go back to the fifth century AD when they really started to become one with the State of Rome.

I can not see any reason to break off and create your own church, except for expansionist reasons for that particular church.

There is no reason to judge any believer as not being a believer because they do not belong to this or that church. Believing one is only saved because if they go to a specific "church" makes the doctrines of that "church" the 'Word of God' and a 'new Law'. It therefore, effectively, denies salvation by the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, and replaces Jesus with the authorities for the church.

Paul spoke of this well, when believers were saying 'I am of this teacher' or 'I am of that teacher', 'should not all be of Christ', 'who is this teacher, or is that teacher, did they die on the cross for you'?

So, I, personally, as are many, are of Christ and follow Jesus and his teachings. We do not promote some other Gospel, or some other message.

This is, clearly, the superior and right message.

A couple of things.

The schism between east and west had nothing to do with idol worship. The has always been a disagreement between east and west over three dimensional and two dimensional icons, but the two existed for centuries before the split.

As to the idea that the teachings of the early Church were protestant, that case may be made for high Church Anglicanism, but not for what protestantism has become.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's another one. The seventh trumpet.

Is the seventh trumpet blown before, or after Satan is released for a short time? I guess you're going to say "before" and that's a problem because the seventh trumpet ushers in God's eternal reign, so how can Satan be released in the midst of God's eternal reign?

The other thing the seventh trumpet ushers in is the judging of the dead. Does the judging of the dead happen before, or after the thousand years? It has to happen after the thousand years because at the time of the judging of the dead, death and the grave are thrown into the lake of fire, and since we know that death still exists during the thousand years, this can only happen after the thousand years.

That is a good argument, really, the best I have heard here, though I am very familiar with it. Another poster made the same argument, though he added to it a lot of nonsense which he could not explain and fled.

(I am almost certain I am going to start another post here on 'Devil's Advocate View of Amillenialism', that is arguing 'amillenialism' for 'amillenialists'... however. As there are a number of 'weighty' arguments for the doctrine, but they simply are not as weighty as, what I believe to be, the default and most natural way of reading Revelation.)

So, to that verse: the natural reading of it is only occluded for anyone because they are steeped in modern doctrines, and pre-millenialist doctrine of modern times does not well explain it, either. Probably the most popular pre-millenialist view takes a very strange look at the identity of the Two Witnesses, the Second Woe, and view themselves as literally, physically being lifted up into the sky at the time of the Two Witnesses ascending to Heaven. I certainly do not share that viewpoint, and for argument purposes, it is entirely unnecessary.

It should be noted, this very verse dispels many amillenialist viewpoints. After all, it is not until the Two Witnesses ascend to Heaven does Christ take his rule, on earth.

So, if Christ has not yet taken his rule on earth, how could the Millennium already be?

Revelation 11:15
“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

As Revelation 20:4 states that Christ rules with his saints for a thousand years, and that they are resurrected from the dead:

'4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They[a] had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.'

It also, as you see, strongly implies the Beast and the False Prophet were already destroyed, though some amillennialists see this as already having happened, and others, do not.

It is as a season changes, so does an Age change: Summer or Winter does not come immediately, in a single day, but slowly, the season changes to either Summer or Winter. Likewise, with Night and Day. They do not come immediately, but gradually. Less gradually then the major seasons change, but then, Day or Night is not as long as either season.

So, we should give allowance to the Age change to the 'Day of the Lord', being gradual, as well.

The real confusion does not come because of Revelation 11 and those verses: after all, do you believe the two witnesses have already come, and have ascended to Heaven?

Do you believe that 'Satan has been locked up' in such a way that 'he no longer deceives the nations', this very day, and since the rise of the 'Holy Roman Empire' and the 'Catholic Church'? Over that stretch of period?

And, if you do not, then, Jesus has not yet begun his reign.

But, I would like to hear your viewpoint before continuing.

I will state, lastly, however, I believe the real confusion comes at the beginning of Revelation 12, on that verse.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually I do not have to produce anything except The Word of God.
And I most certainly am not preaching a false gospel of the Kingdom as you have stated.

The Book of Revelation is the book of just that.
REVELATION.
It isn't presented as the book of symbols not to be taking literally.

You are a amillennialist therefore your approach and application to Scripture can easily fit your narrative and beliefs.
This is the wrong approach to interpreting Scripture.
With that view you get a false cloudy view of not just The Book of Revelation, but much other Scripture.
In Revelation 20:2-7 John is writing down a vision that was given to him by God.
A vision that hasn't come to pass yet , but literally will.
I do not know how anyone could deny a literal 1,000 year reign of Christ on earth.
It has to be literal for the unfulfilled promises and prophecies of God to take place , especially and mostly regarding the nation of Israel.
There is no way around that truth.
The problem is, you do not have the word of God. You are ignoring Jesus completely and dragging the pharisee's view of a physical kingdom into Revelation at your own peril.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about death? When do you suppose death is destroyed? Well, we probably agree that death is thrown into the lake of fire at the time of judgment, which is just before we inherit the new earth, but do you agree that this same event coincides with the return of Jesus?

I'm guessing not because you believe Jesus' returns 1000 years prior to the end of death. Yet 1 Corinthians 15 very clearly tells us that Jesus return and the end of death are the same event.

1 Corinthians 15
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

You see, according to the passage above, death is destroyed at Christ's coming. And since we know that death is destroyed after the thousand years, we also know that Jesus returns after the thousand years.

The same passage coincidentally also tells us that this is when he hands over the kingdom to God the father, which means God the father begins his reign and as we already saw earlier, God the father begins his reign when the seventh trumpet sounds. In other words, all of this stuff (the return of Christ, the start of God's reign, the judging of the dead, the end of death, the inheritance of the new earth) is linked together on the timeline making a premillennial return impossible.

'Jesus must reign until God puts all enemies under his feet' and 'the last enemy is death'.

Specifically, before Jesus takes his reign on earth, he reigns in Heaven, but he does not take his reign on earth until you see this happen in Revelation 11:

“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

At this juncture, Jesus takes dominion over earth, and his reign on earth begins. This is not a simple process, but begins there, and ends, finally, when death is entirely defeated.

At the beginning of the Millennium, as we see in Revelation 20, verse 4, the saints who had died are resurrected, and they 'reign with Jesus for a thousand years'.

So, Jesus takes reign of earth and continues his reign until all enemies are defeated, with the last being death.

Then, he turns over the Kingdom to God.

If you have any questions on what I am saying, I have plenty more to say. But, I do not wish to assume to know your own, particular brand of amillenialism. So, I do not wish to argue against other people's version of amillennialism here, when you may not hold those beliefs.

My question to you, as another poster also argued this, is 'do you believe that the events of Revelation 11 has already happened'?

If not, then Christ has not yet begun his reign on earth, and so the Millennium has not yet started.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, I never stated that the new covenant wasn't everlasting.
And I never stated that the Church would end .
I did however state that there will be an end to the Church age .
Big difference .

The "Church Age" is the "New Covenant Age".

How do you propose to end one and not the other?

Jer_31:31 "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah—

Mat_26:28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mar_14:24 And He said to them, "This is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many.

Luk_22:20 Likewise He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is shed for you.

1Co_11:25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."

2Co_3:6 who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Heb_8:8 Because finding fault with them, He says: "BEHOLD, THE DAYS ARE COMING, SAYS THE LORD, WHEN I WILL MAKE A NEW COVENANT WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL AND WITH THE HOUSE OF JUDAH—

Heb_8:13 In that He says, "A NEW COVENANT," He has made the first obsolete. Now what is becoming obsolete and growing old is ready to vanish away.

Heb_9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.

Heb_12:24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
IsFinished! said:
Also, I never stated that the new covenant wasn't everlasting.
And I never stated that the Church would end .
I did however state that there will be an end to the Church age .
Big difference .
The "Church Age" is the "New Covenant Age".

How do you propose to end one and not the other?

I would guess when you, him and others study on this Covenantle parable in Luke 16, otherwise you can post verses all year long and they will just go over the head of the futurists, IMHO........

Lazarus and the Rich Man - Here a little, there a little - Commentary

Just look up 2 small words, "purple and fine-linen" in the Bible, and it will help to solve the Covenantle book of Revelation, the change of Priesthood from an earthly priesthood to a spiritual one........

PURPLE AND FINE-LINEN (NKJV)

Exodus 28:
4 “And these are the garments which they shall make: a breastplate, an ephod,[fn] a robe, a skillfully woven tunic, a turban, and a sash.
So they shall make holy garments for Aaron your brother and his sons, that he may minister to Me as priest.

8 “And the intricately woven band of the ephod, which is on it, shall be of the same workmanship, made of gold, blue, purple, and scarlet thread, and fine woven linen.

Proverbs 31:22
She makes tapestry for herself;
Her clothing is fine linen and purple.

Luke 16:19
“There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.

Hebrews 7:12
For the priesthood being changed,
of necessity there is also a change of the law.

The symbolic Rich Man's "wife/woman"

Revelation 18:
12 “merchandise of gold and silver, precious stones and pearls, fine linen and purple, silk and scarlet, every kind of citron wood, every kind of object of ivory, every kind of object of most precious wood, bronze, iron, and marble;
16 “and saying, ‘Alas, alas, that great City/Woman/Queen that was clothed in fine linen, purple, and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls!

Last edited:
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

ItIsFinished!

Jesus Christ is our only hope.
Sep 1, 2018
Middletown
✟52,772.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The problem is, you do not have the word of God. You are ignoring Jesus completely and dragging the pharisee's view of a physical kingdom into Revelation at your own peril.
Actually I do have the Word of God.
And I am far from ignoring Jesus completely muchless at all , nor am I dragging the pharisee's view of a physical kingdom at my own peril as you have stated.
Pretty hefty charges to say to someone and without any form of evidence whatsoever.
You would be wise not to do that.

Revelation 20:2-7 clearly indicates a literal 1,000 year reign .
It is the proper way to interpret those verses.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@DreamerOfTheHeart : That was a well-reasoned opening post. I agree with all of those points. I would also add a fifth point, which is that the Book of Revelation contains so many details that an Amillennial interpretation requires a mind-bending abundance of symbolism with which to explain it, because they take symbolically what the Premillennialists take literally. This, in itself, is not so important, if not for the fact that the interpretation of these symbols leads to further symbolism, giving us symbols of symbols. It's hard enough to accurately interpret symbolism, but when we have to interpret it on two orders of magnitude, the result is that we can make it mean whatever we want it to mean.

Premillennialism has its own problems, though. They're an entirely different sort, dealing in problematic chronology, logic and unlikely situations. That's why I'm currently undecided on the matter. It seems to me that each is better at disproving the other than they are at defending their own positions.

On the first part, there, yes, I agree, and that is a good explanation. It is a rat's nest, ultimately.

On the second part, I do believe there are problems with a number of pre-millenialist versions, but there are quite a number, even if one or two are the most widely spread today.

I do have to argue that one must be willing to believe in 'the impossible' being made possible, by God, in order to take my own view of pre-millennialism. Though, it is also true, one can just shove off many readings, as really, almost everyone must do, at this time, my own self included, as "I do not know".

The very reason I am posting on this subject, and arguing on it, is to elicit viewpoints from others, and to strengthen my own beliefs and findings on these matters. I want people to test my own viewpoints in these matters.

There are degrees of sureness, of confidence, in the matters we weigh. This is certainly true with the matters of eschatology, and that is okay. I think, what is not okay, is when we side with matters where we are putting aside our capacity to reason, to rightly weigh what information we have, to forego this entire process.

For me, the pre-millenialist viewpoint is, by far, the weightiest, at this time, and I have largely leaned in this direction since the first time I picked up the book as a teenager. But, I have and still do, heavily entertain the possibilities of other viewpoints.

I view all of Revelation as happening in chronological order, and would point out, a lot of effort was put towards this: there are the breaking of the seven seals, the seven trumpets, the three woes, the seven vials of the seven angels, and so on. One can continue well making these arguments, of how precisely one set of ordering is kept in order, after another. It is a work of the finest clockmaker.

3 is not put before 2 or 1, the 7th is not put before the 6th, and so on. But, this does not necessarily rule out amillennialism, however, the ordering does rule it out, in other ways.

This also does not mean the Beast, the False Prophet, and 'Babylon' were not existing all along.

The single biggest stumbling block to pre-millenialism - besides the particular flavors of some of the popular doctrines today - is not in Revelation 11, but in Revelation 12.

Granted, everyone has their own biggest stumbling blocks to it, but for those who keep an open mind and try to keep their heads on, to try and keep thinking and reasoning (I am most certainly reminded the read here of the 'beheading' in Revelation 20): That would be the single biggest stumbling block.

I won't get into 'what' specifically, that stumbling block is, as you should feel free to think about this and respond your guesses.

The other biggest stumbling block has to be the nature of the thousand years, and the nature of the rule of 'Christ and the saints'. However, in that regards, the amillennialists believe they reign in spirit with Christ on earth, so why can they not afford that possibility to the pre-millenialist viewpoint?

After all, they do not believe the Seventh Trumpet has sounded, so how can they argue that they reign on earth, when that very Trumpet related verse in Revelation states that the kingdom of the world does not become the kingdom of Christ until after it has sounded?

People want to believe that they are already reigning with Christ, on earth, when they believe in amillennialism.

I am stating, something happens with the two witnesses, and their ascension to Heaven of such importance, so that the Seventh Trumpet is sounded.

This might be another stumbling block for people in what I am arguing: I am also arguing that, like the vials and the woes, the Trumpet being sounded is of the very same nature, and that is, it is loud and it is long. Just as a trumpet is in real life, only it is louder and it is longer, being from the very Archangel, the Angel of the Lord.

This does not mean I believe the Lord does not begin the reign, at this time, as I believe that Revelation 12 is not a prologue, nor does it have components of a prologue in it. From the 'scoped out', 'eagle eye view' of 'the problem with Revelation 12'. That is, setting aside the specific details that would really make Revelation 12 seem to not be a prologue.

Feel free to express your own viewpoints there, or argue against mine your doubts. Otherwise, I can not address them.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually I do have the Word of God.
And I am far from ignoring Jesus completely muchless at all , nor am I dragging the pharisee's view of a physical kingdom at my own peril as you have stated.
Pretty hefty charges to say to someone and without any form of evidence whatsoever.
You would be wise not to do that.

Revelation 20:2-7 clearly indicates a literal 1,000 year reign .
It is the proper way to interpret those verses.
If you have God's word, produce one scripture depicting a physical kingdom according to the gospels or epistles.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus taught Amillennialism. And nowhere mentions a temporal 1000 year kingdom. But he taught instead an eternal kingdom which is spiritual. Anyone teaching a physical temporal kingdom is adding to Revelation.

I do not believe that pontificating your viewpoint is the same thing as presenting it in a reasonable manner. You have to shortcut around Revelation to do this and entirely avoid it, pretending 'as if' Jesus did not teach Revelation to us, after he had risen to Heaven -- which he did so.

If you simply do not believe Revelation is truly from Jesus, and so do not wish to discuss it in a reasonable fashion as a clarification and expansion on Jesus' apocalyptic teachings, then please do not continue to post in this thread acting as if Revelation is irrelevant.

Revelation is entirely relevant.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus taught a purely spiritual kingdom. The challenge for you is to produce one exception to this from the gospels or epistles. Otherwise you add to Revelation and preach a false gospel of the kingdom. (Revelation 20 is symbolic and must yield to the clear statements of scripture).

If you believe that Christ reigns on earth with the believers spiritually, then you also believe that the Seventh Trumpet has sounded... as the reign on earth does not begin until after the Seventh Trumpet has sounded.

As it states exactly such in Revelation 11, after it has sounded.

So, your own standard applies to you, much more so then to pre-millenialists.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not believe that pontificating your viewpoint is the same thing as presenting it in a reasonable manner. You have to shortcut around Revelation to do this and entirely avoid it, pretending 'as if' Jesus did not teach Revelation to us, after he had risen to Heaven -- which he did so.

If you simply do not believe Revelation is truly from Jesus, and so do not wish to discuss it in a reasonable fashion as a clarification and expansion on Jesus' apocalyptic teachings, then please do not continue to post in this thread acting as if Revelation is irrelevant.

Revelation is entirely relevant.
Without scripture we have no faith, only fleshly belief. And your millennial theory has zero direct support from scripture. You would have provided it by now if it existed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you believe that Christ reigns on earth with the believers spiritually, then you also believe that the Seventh Trumpet has sounded... as the reign on earth does not begin until after the Seventh Trumpet has sounded.

As it states exactly such in Revelation 11, after it has sounded.

So, your own standard applies to you, much more so then to pre-millenialists.
Revelation spans the entire New Covenant era. You look for the symbol to appear and miss the meaning entirely. If you looked for what the symbol represents, it's all been a work in progress since Jesus revealed it.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard Christians argue over these issues for decades. In the grand scheme of living for Christ what position you take on this issue matters little.
If you understand the rapture and believe, then you will be gone.
If you understand the mark of the beast, you will not take it.
If you are familiar with the actions and traits of the anti-christ, you will not listen or follow.
If you aware of the signs of the end, you can watch and pray.
If you are empowered by the Holy Spirit, you will seek to live for Christ and create a better world regardless.
If you love Christ and belong to Christ, you will both be covered by Christ and know what to do when the time comes - - - does anything else really matter in the end?

I believe that you can be saved even if you are an amillenialist, and you can be saved even if you are a pre-millenialist, but have some incorrect views, in those regards.

The safest course of action, here, with believers, is not far from your position.

'If you wish to teach, then you will be judged more harshly'. And, one can follow on that, if you wish to teach on a subject as serious as Revelation, where there is a curse to it against anyone who adds to it, then you really, really better look out, because you might be judged far more harshly.

In practice, I believe that warning is not, however, for valid considerations, as long as one does not literally change the text, via publishing a bad translation... and, as long as one does not swear by Heaven that their view is the one and only right one. If they do, they sure better have good reason to do so, or they may find themselves having taken the mark of the beast.

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A couple of things.

The schism between east and west had nothing to do with idol worship. The has always been a disagreement between east and west over three dimensional and two dimensional icons, but the two existed for centuries before the split.

As to the idea that the teachings of the early Church were protestant, that case may be made for high Church Anglicanism, but not for what protestantism has become.

There were many factors engaged, but idol worship was explicitly denoted. It was also backed up, as one can find in the books in the official Orthodox Philokalia which were written after the schism...

But, I have not needed to do your homework for you on this (I have read the entire Philokalia, like most non-Orthodox - and even many modern Orthodox - you may not even have ever heard of the Philokalia before)... as you, yourself, could not find you mentioning that very schism without bringing up that very disagreement.

On Protestantism: there are plenty of bad Protestants. There are plenty of genuinely corrupt branches of Protestantism. I do not, my own self, consider myself to be Protestant, but I also do not consider myself to be Catholic nor Orthodox.

However, I have certainly been influenced by believers and their writings and speech and action from 'all of the above'.

I am well read in Protestantism, Orthodox, and Catholicism, as I believe anyone should be who wishes to teach on matters as serious on Revelation.

I have certainly found many good Christian protestants.

All of the main branches you, specifically, mentioned, have had and do have deep errors, however.

My conclusion is quite simple: God saves, and one does not need to belong to a particular manmade church to be saved, but one must belong to the One, True Church of Jesus Christ, which is invisible and indivisible, as it is through the One Spirit of God.

I certainly would never damn someone simply because they are not Apostolic, Catholic, Orthodox, or Anglican -- that puts your own self in jeopardy of having your own standard laid on you.

A standard I do not believe anyone can live up to, because it is a false standard.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is the Parousia of Christ before or after the 1000yr period........

If it is before then I will have to be Pre-Mill meaning we still have to go thru Armegeddon..........then Gog Magog........2 end of the worlds

Armegeddon/Gog-Magog same event?

ARMAGEDDON GOG-MAGOG SAME EVENT

What are others views of the "armegeddon/gog-magog in Revelation.

I and some others are of the view they are 1 and the same event, since the Bible only mentiones 1 Great Day of the Lord God Almighty.

I would like to expound on these 2 verses as this thread progresses. Thank you

Ezekiel 39
:
17 " And thou son of adam! thus says my Adonay Yahweh, say thou! to bird of every wing, and to all of beast of the field: 'be assembled ye! and come ye! together ye from round about on sacrifice of Me which I sacrificing for ye, a sacrifice great on Mountains of Israel, and ye eat flesh and ye drink blood.
18 Flesh of mighty-ones ye shall eat, and blood of princes of the Land ye shall drink.....

Revelation 16:
14 For they are spirits of demons doing signs which is going-out on the kings of the land, and the being-homed, whole, to-be-together-leading/sunagagein <4863> (5629) them into the Battle of the Day, that the Great of the God the Almighty.
16 And he together-leading/sunagagein <4863> (5629) them into the Place, the being called to Hebrew Armageddwn

So far, we have some interesting results: :angel:

Armegeddon and Gog-magog same event?
  1. *
    I view them as the same event
    15 vote(s)
    22.1%
  2. I view them as different events
    42 vote(s)
    61.8%
  3. I am not sure
    7 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Does it really matter?
    4 vote(s)
    5.9%

Upvote 0

DreamerOfTheHeart

I Am What I Am
Jul 11, 2017
Houston
✟39,308.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hahaha -- so you believe I am damned, because of what? Because I am not an amillenialist?

I am saved and belong to and serve the Kingdom of Heaven.

Upvote 0