✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pennsylvania election officials warn of 2000 Florida redux

We had a previous thread on this topic shut down, hopefully we can all act like mature Christians as we take up this very important and potentially explosive topic.

There are some that think that mail in voting is safe, secure and a great way to get out the vote.

No doubt, it is a good way to increase the vote.

There are others, myself included, that remember the chaos that ensued from Florida in the 2,000 election. Based on that we see this would be exponentially worse. Why? Because at the end of Nov 2 neither candidate will be conceding, you have to count the mail in votes first. Some states are saying they can count votes that show up days later. So everyone will be waiting for a week. This opens the door for an army of lawyers to litigate each vote in each state. To my opinion I can see many ways this will be disastrous. First, a week or two of complete uncertainty. That uncertainty favors the person in power over the challenger. Second, an army of lawyers and spin doctors trying to spin the story with a thousand different made up stories circulating the internet driving each side into a frenzy. Third, lack of funding and lack of training could turn it into a disaster and open the door for more litigation, lawsuits, incriminations, and protests.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,006,833.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'm going to say what I said before. I have had items get lost in the mail on multiple occasions in the past, and would therefore never trust that something as critical as an electoral ballot would not only arrive, but get there on time to be counted. This is the concern that I have with mail-in voting. There could always be delays that could keep the ballot from arriving on time to be added to the others. The President's posturing about fraud, however, is completely unwarranted, and I think he knows that and is just pandering for the far-right of his voting base again.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bernie Sanders Sounds Alarm on a Trump 'Nightmare Scenario'

Sen. Bernie Sanders is planning to mount an aggressive campaign to counter potential attempts by President Donald Trump to delegitimize the results of the November election, warning that Democrats and Republicans alike must do “everything that we can to prevent that from happening.”

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's way too easy for someone to know who you voted for with mail-in. Your name is on the envelope it's mailed back in. Would just rather vote in person.
Sounds like someone has been paying attention to the riots.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here in MA, the Secretary of State, William Galvin, who has been calling for mail-in-voting, now says the funding isn't available to count all the mailed in ballots after the election and in time to have them certified. He of course blames Governor Baker who is a Republican, but as the governor told him last March, that it's the State Legislature that appropriates spending, not him.

With this happening, if Trump wins, I can see the Democrats complaining that many mail in ballots were not counted, because it would've gone past the deadline to certify the results.
I also see it going the opposite way by Trump if he loses. He'll complain of fraud in the mail-in voting system. In fact, he's already said if he loses, he won't leave the WH without a fight. Really ?

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here in MA, the Secretary of State, William Galvin, who has been calling for mail-in-voting, now says the funding isn't available to count all the mailed in ballots after the election and in time to have them certified. He of course blames Governor Baker who is a Republican, but as the governor told him last March, that it's the State Legislature that appropriates spending, not him.

With this happening, if Trump wins, I can see the Democrats complaining that many mail in ballots were not counted, because it would've gone past the deadline to certify the results.
I also see it going the opposite way by Trump if he loses. He'll complain of fraud in the mail-in voting system. In fact, he's already said if he loses, he won't leave the WH without a fight. Really ?
This election will be a feast for the vultures (lawyers)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 11.52.11 AM.png

No way to track mail theft, now that is an inconvenient truth.

Upvote 0