• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

mahjong

Discussion in 'General Hobbies and Interests' started by Justme77777, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Justme77777

Justme77777 New Member

+29
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    This is a question for Chistians please... is it ok to play mahjong? or is it based in something not good? thank you

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. tampasteve

tampasteve Lutheran Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,184
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Constitution
    It is just a game, nothing to be concerned about. Some people might apply superstitions to it, but people do that with every game.

3. Lazarus Short

Lazarus Short Well-Known Member

+781
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I play Mahjong Titans on the www, and it's simply a solitaire game of pattern matching. I've never played "official" Mahjong.

4. Lazarus Short

Lazarus Short Well-Known Member

+781
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Yes, I once read of Chess described as "little idols on an eight by eight grid."

5. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+8,642
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Real Mahjong is quite different - as tiles are dealt and four players are required.
    Mahjong - Wikipedia

But to answer the OP, it is just a game. I suppose if you bet money, some people would disapprove, but that's the gambling, not the game.

6. DuglasHoliday

DuglasHoliday New Member

+9
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    UK-Greens
    There's nothing wrong with that. Just a game. Play if you like.