Magic the Gathering?

E

Edwards1984

My friends and I recently got in to Magic pretty heavy. Do any of you play? Any cool deck builds to share?

Oh man that brings back memories. I tried getting into that in high school, and tried again in college, but never did. Mostly because I couldn't afford to buy new packs every now and then.

I had a friend in college who had LOADS of unique decks. He had a bug deck that grew and grew and became more powerful unless you took him out early, he had a deck of just sheer destruction, etc. You need to be acquainted with the mechanics of the game and the various cards in order to really get that detailed (and he tended to be a little obsessive).

Upvote 0

Nomarga

Nov 19, 2010
Iowa
✟16,316.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I haven't played since the 5th grade.
Ha! Well, my mom wouldn't let me play back then because it was magic, so perhaps I'm getting into it later than most of you. That being said, it's still pretty awesome!

Oh man that brings back memories. I tried getting into that in high school, and tried again in college, but never did. Mostly because I couldn't afford to buy new packs every now and then.

I had a friend in college who had LOADS of unique decks. He had a bug deck that grew and grew and became more powerful unless you took him out early, he had a deck of just sheer destruction, etc. You need to be acquainted with the mechanics of the game and the various cards in order to really get that detailed (and he tended to be a little obsessive).

That's kind of funny that you talk about the Sliver deck (if that's what it is, it sure sounds like it!) - my brother-in-law just picked it up and kicked me all over the place with it last night. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

That's kind of funny that you talk about the Sliver deck (if that's what it is, it sure sounds like it!) - my brother-in-law just picked it up and kicked me all over the place with it last night. :D

My friend, another friend and I played a three-way game with his customized decks. I got the bug deck, he got some great neutralizer deck, and our friend got some fairly normal deck. We eventually quit because the whole game was just me getting a bigger army and my friend - with some "Great Arbiter" card or something like that - continually cancelling any attack given by our other friend. It was just a giant quagmire. :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

trentlogain2

I recently checked the prices of some MTG cards, and realized I had over 500 bucks worth of rares I could have easily sold on e-bay. Then I went to look for my collection, and remembered that I had thrown away all MTG items I had after God prompted me that MTG has occultic influence. Oh well..counting everything as dung, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Perhaps Today

A Light In The Black
Sep 18, 2009
Michigan
✟15,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I used to play. Haven't in a few years. Sliver decks used to frustrate me! lol

I never even heard of a Sliver deck until today. I think Ice Age was one of if not the newest expansion, the last time I played. I started during the Revised and Fallen Empires era. I do miss it at times. It was a lot of fun.

Upvote 0