TN
✟31,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok. So my husband and I are Christians. My husband works with a guy who follows Jewish law, but he hates Jews and doesn't identify as one! He always attacked my husband over his lunch (like when he would eat a slim jim because it wasn't Kosher, but they ended up becoming friends). This guy thinks that Taco Bell is kosher (I mean, it's dog food LOL). He celebrates all of the Jewish holidays except Hanukkah. He won't work on Saturdays. He doesn't have a church because nobody believes like he does. I thought maybe he was JW, but he's not. He says he is closer in belief to 7th day adventist and I don't think he's anywhere close to even that denomination. He's also nowhere close to being Jewish, really. I mean TB, kosher? Come on!

He only reads the first 5 books of the Old Testament (Torah). We almost roomed together and trust me, I didn't want to live with another man, so I said I would be putting up my Christmas tree. The apartment was in my name. It worked, he never roomed with us, but it's funny he was going on about what is mentioned in Jeremiah, but he doesn't believe in that book. Hmmmm. I was wondering, is there another branch of Jewish belief?

This guy is always into conspiracy theories, what seems like racism, and some sort of Neo-Nazi stuff according to my husband. Maybe cult-like? Another worker now calls him Neo Nate because they believe that he is a Nazi.

He and my husband are top dogs at the workplace, and he says he has to get away from him at work. I always hoped he would get away from the guy. I'll give it to him, he's personable, but he's different for sure. He just bought 400 pounds of salt for some reason. He also told my husband that he was gonna make some sort of bombs. Idk if the bombs will be made from salt. LOL

What do yall think??? I think he made up his own religion, but possible cult member? Oh, and he was raised Baptist. Wowzers!

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We lean kosher* in our home, but only on the idea that it might be healthier; not borne of any spiritual requirement.

*Preferring kosher, but not exclusively so.

Reactions: carrico
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If he definitely bought 400lbs of salt and said he is going to make bombs,...
Didn't MacGyver make a bomb using sodium in one episode...?

(With all of that salt, he could make a lot of Slim Jims. ;))

• Haha
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

Lady Donna Marie

Jan 10, 2020
South
✟15,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
[QUOTE="carrico, post:

If it was me I would report him to authorities for the safety of others. The past has proven itself that somewhere along the line a person spills the beans of their plans and when all is said and done it comes out and those that knew about it brushed it off that they didn't believe that person was going to harm anyone. I'd be looking for another job. Heading down the highway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If he definitely bought 400lbs of salt and said he is going to make bombs, then, he needs to be reported to the police asap!
Yes, I agree, its better to be safe than sorry, how many times after something terrible has happened, do we hear of signs beforehand that were ignored?
If he needs mental help hopefully he will get it.
Either way it needs reporting.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ok. So my husband and I are Christians. My husband works with a guy who follows Jewish law, but he hates Jews and doesn't identify as one! He always attacked my husband over his lunch (like when he would eat a slim jim because it wasn't Kosher, but they ended up becoming friends). This guy thinks that Taco Bell is kosher (I mean, it's dog food LOL). He celebrates all of the Jewish holidays except Hanukkah. He won't work on Saturdays. He doesn't have a church because nobody believes like he does. I thought maybe he was JW, but he's not. He says he is closer in belief to 7th day adventist and I don't think he's anywhere close to even that denomination. He's also nowhere close to being Jewish, really. I mean TB, kosher? Come on!

He only reads the first 5 books of the Old Testament (Torah). We almost roomed together and trust me, I didn't want to live with another man, so I said I would be putting up my Christmas tree. The apartment was in my name. It worked, he never roomed with us, but it's funny he was going on about what is mentioned in Jeremiah, but he doesn't believe in that book. Hmmmm. I was wondering, is there another branch of Jewish belief?

This guy is always into conspiracy theories, what seems like racism, and some sort of Neo-Nazi stuff according to my husband. Maybe cult-like? Another worker now calls him Neo Nate because they believe that he is a Nazi.

He and my husband are top dogs at the workplace, and he says he has to get away from him at work. I always hoped he would get away from the guy. I'll give it to him, he's personable, but he's different for sure. He just bought 400 pounds of salt for some reason. He also told my husband that he was gonna make some sort of bombs. Idk if the bombs will be made from salt. LOL

What do yall think??? I think he made up his own religion, but possible cult member? Oh, and he was raised Baptist. Wowzers!
He's what I think of as a "rogue christian". Don't think I'm insulting him by calling him that. That's the way I think of myself looking back on a phase I went through early on. Someone who tries to arrive at the truth but is convinced no one has it but them. One of the absurdities it produces is the realization that since you're the only one with the truth you'll be spending eternity with Jesus. Just you and him. Alone.

I've come across a few of the same type here in this forum.

Upvote 0

Thomas White

Feb 9, 2020
Stockbridge
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Sodium is a highly volatile element, but that volatility is tempered in table salt. Salt is used to make bath bombs. There is a theoretical nuclear weapon called a salted bomb, but obviously, it doesn't use table salt. Still, report it. I'm not a munitions expert. Better safe than sorry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums