Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
I am so sick and tired of our schools teaching the religion of "Gravity" to our kids.

Now, I understand how some people can be so deceived by the Godless ramblings of Issac Newton. Drop an apple, and it falls. That's their so-called evidence of "microgravity" only.

But the Satanic lie doesn't stop there. Newton, in a direct slap to God's face, invented off the top of his head, this insane idea of "macrogravity!" That the same "force" that pulls the apple to the ground is somehow related to what moves the Earth around the sun! Can you believe this nonsense?

Can they prove it? Nope! Then why push their godless gravity in our classrooms? As part of the plot to push the evil Newtonian agenda, that's why!

Now, all of us True Christians (TM) know that this is yet another one of Satan's lies to deceive and persecute the believers. We all know that it is the hand of God that pulls the apple to the Earth. So much for Microgravity. And this fable of macrogravity is contrary to Biblical teachings, so it must be false too.

True Christians (TM) accept Ptolemy's Biblical view of our solar system: The Earth is fixed at the center of all creation, just where God put it, and the sun, moon, and other planets are in fixed orbits around it, as part of a celstial mechanism controlled from without by the Almighty, the "prime mover."

Holy Scripture supports this:

Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: "O Sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the valley of Aijaion." So the sun stood still. And the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies. As it is written in the book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. --Joshua 10:12-13

The sun had to move around the Earth for the LORD to make it stop, doesn't it? Look out your window! The sun is clearly moving around the Earth, and it does so because God, who can stop the sun, also moves it along! And yet we allow our children's minds to be poisoned by this unprovable fairy tale about "Laws" of Gravity.

What are you going to believe, the Bible, or some myth about invisible "forces" pulling rocks together?

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 08:34 PM Nathan Poe said this in Post #1

Holy Scripture supports this:

Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: "O Sun, stand still over Gibeon, O moon, over the valley of Aijaion." So the sun stood still. And the moon stopped, till the nation avenged itself on its enemies. As it is written in the book of Jashar. The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. --Joshua 10:12-13

The sun had to move around the Earth for the LORD to make it stop, doesn't it? Look out your window! The sun is clearly moving around the Earth, and it does so because God, who can stop the sun, also moves it along! And yet we allow our children's minds to be poisoned by this unprovable fairy tale about "Laws" of Gravity.

Funny you brought that scripture up Nathan. That one bothered me enough to comment on it when I used to attend an actual Church service. Noone got it.

IF the Earth TRULY stopped rotating... i.e. the Sun stood still....

WHAT exactly kept everything on the Earth's surface from shooting off into outer space...

I mean, a body in motion does tend to remain in motion...

Does this mean they battled flying through Outer Space?

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 08:51 PM Pete Harcoff said this in Post #4

Do you know nobody even knows what "gravity" is? They've never even seen it, yet they continue to teach indoctrinate young minds everywhere with this so-called "gravity".

I, for one, am all for getting warning labels slapped on text books.

I agree, call Jesse Jackson, Reverend Sharpton,
break out the picket signs;

HOW DARE THEY TEACH HEATHEN DOCTRINE TO MY CHILDREN

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Today at 08:50 PM chickenman said this in Post #3

I totally agree, microgravity may have been observed, but there's no evidence for macrogravity holding galaxies together, it hasn't been observed in the lab.

Hey.. MY view of Gravity is the ONLY truth to Gravity.
You're microgravity 'myth' is based upon Pagan, Babylonian,
and Early Greek mythology.

I know this because the guy next door told me so.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Today at 08:54 PM Smilin said this in Post #5

Funny you brought that scripture up Nathan. That one bothered me enough to comment on it when I used to attend an actual Church service. Noone got it.

IF the Earth TRULY stopped rotating... i.e. the Sun stood still....

WHAT exactly kept everything on the Earth's surface from shooting off into outer space...

I mean, a body in motion does tend to remain in motion...

Does this mean they battled flying through Outer Space?

Henry Drummond used that one in Inherit the Wind. Figure the Earth is about 25,000 miles around (give or take), and it makes a complete rotation in 24 hours. That gives it a rotation speed of about 1,042 MPH.

Now, if I were in a car travelling at that speed, and we suddenly hit a brick wall and came to a dead stop...

Of course, this is just more evidence against macrogravity. The sun must have been what stopped, because stopping the Earth would've caused worldwide catastrophe. And God clearly said He'd never do that again (after He wiped out all life on Earth with a flood.)

Upvote 0

gladiatrix

Card-carrying EAC member
Sep 10, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟20,897.00
Faith
Atheist
Today at 08:34 PM Nathan Poe said this in Post #1

I am so sick and tired of our schools teaching the religion of "Gravity" to our kids.[rest of very funny story]

Hilarious!!!!!
laugh2.gif
laughing-smiley-014.gif

Your satire reminded me of another one on the Satanic notion of gravity from another poster S2Focus in response to a creationist, Vanderzyden.

Posted by S2Focus in response to:
Vanderzyden, when he said:

I still maintain that there is not even a faint comparison. The law of gravity is observed all the time, has been repeatedly verified to a high degree of accuracy, and underlies many, many technologies. Macroevolution is presently only a fantastical idea.

No -- what you have observed is "microgravity". Microgravity is responsible for causing objects to fall straight to the ground when you drop them. The notion that you can extrapolate this concept of "microgravity" to explain the orbital motion of planets around the sun is just plain silly. Macrogravity, which allegedly governs planetary motion is presently only a "fantastical" idea. Microgravity induces straight-line motion of objects to the ground. But planets follow elliptical paths in their orbits; they do not move in the straight-line motion resulting from the effects of "microgravity".

Microgravity can be demonstrated repeatedly in laboratory experiments; macrogravity cannot. Your faith in the theory of macrogravity is nothing more than unfounded religious faith.

If you dispute this, then please provide irrefutable proof that the force of gravity that causes apples to fall in a straight line to the ground is also responsible for the elliptical orbital motion of planets around the sun.

The Wages of Gravity

devil-smiley-104.gif

Upvote 0

Late_Cretaceous

<font color="#880000" ></font&g
Apr 4, 2002
Visit site
✟18,025.00
Faith
Catholic
How are we supposed to take these "experts" seriously when they cannot even reconcile quantum gravity with relativistic gravity! And what is this nonsense about matter bending space? YOu can't bend space! Space has never been bent in a lab. If gravity is real, then where is it's opposite? The opposite of light is dark, the opposite of good is evil, the opposite of positive charge is negative. So where is the anti-gravity huh. Make the apple fall up for once. Oh, and BTW an apple NEVER fell on Newton's head - he made it all up. Therefore this gravity stuff is total nonsense. ANd if you choose to beleive in this religion of massive objects attracting each other then you will pay for it for all of eternity!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Finally, a sounding board against the heretics of mainstream scientific "theories".

The Dark Sucker Theory

"Every year, bright and eager young physics students are being misled by "scientific" dogma conspirators who claim that light, not darkness, is the stuff that moves through the universe carrying energy. This page is dedicated to those hardy, brave souls who know the deeper truth and aren't ashamed to admit it: that so-called "light sources" are really dark suckers, that "light" is nothing more than the absence of darkness, and that it is darkness, not light, which is the fundamental radiative transport mechanism of the universe. "

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
15th March 2003 at 11:04 AM Late_Cretaceous said this in Post #14

If gravity were true the planets would fall into the sun, not go around it. Isnt gravity all supposed to be about stuff falling down?

I AGREE WITH THIS TEACHING ENTIRELY... LC said it.. therefore it must be true. Since gravity can only be experimentally demonstrated by throwing stuff up into the air and noting their return to Earth, Gravity MUST be only about stuff falling down.

And this nonsense of 'black holes'... I'm tired of such nonsense distorting the morals of our children's minds.

And this notion of distorting time by manipulating gravity. Everyone knows gravity can't change...

Silly Scientists.....

:help:

Upvote 0

PhantomLlama

Prism Ranger
Feb 25, 2003
Birmingham
Visit site
✟9,758.00
Faith
Atheist
The second law of thermodynamics mans systems should tend towards disorder, but do I see this in 'gravity'? NO! The solar system is a stable system, if thermodynamics were right then it should collapse into disorder not orbit in stability!

The Gravitists should open their eyes to the truth of Gods one and only true word, and accept the plain teaching of scripture! Just because reality denies it doesn't mean its not true.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Don't forget about that fiend Einstein. His spatial and temporal relativism extending Newton's heresies have corrupted virtually every college and university in the world. Any true Christian knows that time is only different for God (1000 years like a day and all that). He blasphemously claims that humans can be like God and alter the speed of time.

Upvote 0

Tau

Irregular Member
Feb 28, 2003
Visit site
✟7,733.00
It is time to give this thread a big bump. And in order to do so, I submit this little text written by Gail Davis back in 1996:

Godless Linguistics

Clearly, we can see the very structure of our civilization crumbling around our ears. Sexual perversion runs rampant as our once-proud moral culture slides ever closer to the gaping maw of oblivion. One need only turn on the TV to witness ample evidence of the degradation of our current Godless society, slipping closer to destruction with the wanton disregard for proper diction, and the torrid abomination of corrupted grammar!

Why, just listen to the "music" of the young people these days. Such trash! The words slur together (when they can be understood at all) into a putrid mush of incomplete sentences and split infinitives. It's awful. And it has been PROVEN to induce young people to commit acts of violence, theft, and unwed pregnancy. And surely, it is no mere coincidence that this dire threat to the fabric of our very civilization coincides exactly with the indoctrination of our young people with Godless LINGUISTICS in the public schools.

Our public schools have turned away from the source of Truth, to teach our children that our sacred English language has descended from other languages. The poor impressionable youngsters are taught AS A FACT that English words have certain "root words", even though this is only a theory. The FACT is, God Almighty created all languages complete when he confused mankind's original language as punishment for our transgression at the tower of Babel. But the athiest/lingusts don't want this mentioned in public settings, because it goes against their FAITH, and forces them to face their own accountability. So they have BANNED the teaching of Babelism, because they are afraid that it might expose the weakness of their own linguistic ideas. Is this fair? I don't think so. It goes against all that America stands for.

Therefore, join me in the campaign to have a balanced and fair treatment in public education. All english teachers should be required to include Babelism as a valid alternate theory to Linguisticism, whenever the origins of the English language is discussed.

Oh, of course we can expect opposition from the entrenched vested interests. They will point to certain similarities (i.e. "mother", "madre" "mater") as evidence of the relatedness of various languages. But this is a complete misinterpretation of the evidence. Clearly it is more economical for God to use similar phonic structures to designate similar meanings. Therefore, the existence of such similarities PROOVES that the various languages must have had the same author.

Second, a language is a complex thing. The odds that some first speaker could randomly string together a complex series of sounds, and then multiply this by the odds that someone else would UNDERSTAND him, and the probablity could be calculated to be less than 1 in 10^500. That's a one with five hundred zero's. A statistical impossibility. Obviously, the first language must have a designer: God.

Third, there is NO evidence that transitional languages ever existed. What use is half a language? A noun without verbs conveys no meaning! Sure, there is middle and old-English. But these are ENGLISH! A complete nontransitional language. We do not deny that micro-lingustics can happen, but this process can create only DIALECTS. There is NO EVIDENCE that a series of random micro-lingustic events can create a WHOLE NEW LANGUAGE. I'll beleive in Macro-linguistics when I see a video tape of a child growing up in an Eskimo village suddenly become fluent in Armenian! It takes A LOT MORE FAITH to beleive in athieistic linguisticism than the truth of
Babelism.

So join me in the crusade: Babelism must be included in the public school English curriculum.

There are only two theories which explain the origin of our language: Babelism and Linguisticism. Shouldn't they BOTH be given a fair hearing?

Thank you.

Upvote 0