✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
BigToe said:
i wont join the military. i hate conflict and violence more than anything. that and i cant wake up early

You actually can join as a conscientious objector and never be sent to a combat zone or you'll be placed in some sort of medical or adminstrative field. You'd still have to get up early though.

Upvote 0

hopper

Aug 24, 2004
✟20,319.00
Faith
Christian
So skipp, hope your dad has properly introduced you to the great classics of CCM, like Larry Norman, Randy Stonehill's first "Welcome to Paradise", Phil Keaggy, Keith Green, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Michael Omartian, Degarmo & Key, Andre Crouch & the Disciples, Sweet Comfort Band, White Heart, PFR, or even the early stuff from Petra? :thumbsup:

-the hopper

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ah...the classics. I haven't failed him altogether Mr. Hoppoire. But I wasn't a Christian when those bands were big and I never liked Petra *gasp*. I did listen to DC Talk from day one though. When they were old school rap. I have a Degarmo and Key cassette stored away somewhere.

We are more into the "future Classics" of Lucerin Blue, Big Dismal, Kutless, Toby Mac, Grits, KJ52, etc...

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hopper said:
So long as he isn't C#m-erly deprived.
Toby has a new one just out, "Welcome to Diverse City".

Still, no Switchfoot, Third Day, Newsboys, Supertones, or Jars of Clay? More edgy rap enriched I guess?

You guys would get a kick out of a spoof band called ApologetiX.
If you want a comprehensive list, I can supply one www.johnskiba.com/music/music.htm (My site)
Yeah... I know of Apologetix. Jars is one of my favorites. I have every third day album out and I wnated to pre order Toby Mac's new one. We've about worn out our Switchfoot CD.

Upvote 0

skippy

Oct 4, 2004
Colorado Springs
✟15,284.00
Faith
Christian
hopper said:
So skipp, hope your dad has properly introduced you to the great classics of CCM, like Larry Norman, Randy Stonehill's first "Welcome to Paradise", Phil Keaggy, Keith Green, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Michael Omartian, Degarmo & Key, Andre Crouch & the Disciples, Sweet Comfort Band, White Heart, PFR, or even the early stuff from Petra? :thumbsup:

-the hopper
I'm listening to PFR now. As for the rest the only other ones I've heard of are Degarmo & Key and Larry Norman.

Upvote 0

skippy

Oct 4, 2004
Colorado Springs
✟15,284.00
Faith
Christian
hopper said:
So long as he isn't C#m-erly deprived.
Toby has a new one just out, "Welcome to Diverse City".

Still, no Switchfoot, Third Day, Newsboys, Supertones, or Jars of Clay? More edgy rap enriched I guess?

You guys would get a kick out of a spoof band called ApologetiX.
i like every band you mentioned eccept for the ApoligetiX...i havnt heard them yet.

Upvote 0

hopper

Aug 24, 2004
✟20,319.00
Faith
Christian
So Ken (which means, “to see, perceive, know, or understand”),

I’m kind of into names and their meanings (mine, “hopper”, comes from being “a receptacle for the temporary storage of delivery of material(s)”).

I was wondering about “skippy”, and if it had any special significance for you. You know, part of its origin is from skopa, which means “to hop”, so I’m kind of familiar with it.

Plus, I knew an English tree once, whose name was skippy. He was a sagaciously keen intercessor (&) prayerfully proselytizing yew (s.k.i.p.p.y.). I put the ampersand in parenthesis on account of the fact that, as a preacher, he was persecuted for his faith. Certain scurrilous folk used to poke fun at him and call out, “ski & pee! ski & pee!”, and set their dogs on him. Why they even carved it into his trunk! It was heartbreaking when they finally cut him down and used him as a yule log. Yep! It was a warm skippy that Christmas.:cry:

Eventually, migrant Christian peanut farmers here in the South (I’m from Georgia) honored his great sacrifice by naming a product in memorial to him. Maybe you’ve heard of it? Why, one of the farmers even went on to be President of the United States of America!

‘skippy’ certainly has a great legacy to live up to, and I was wondering if perhaps you attached some particular characteristics to your use of the name?

Maybe, “salubriously kind illuminati prudently praising Yahweh”?

Or, “skippingly kinetic impresario (&) prodigiously posting (or poking) younker”?

Anyway, best wishes as you continue here at CF. :thumbsup:

Yours truly,

-the hopper

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hopper

Aug 24, 2004
✟20,319.00
Faith
Christian
skippy said:
I'm listening to PFR now.
I really enjoy "Goldie's Last Day". There just aren't enough pet memorial songs these days.

skippy said:
i like every band you mentioned eccept for the ApoligetiX...i havnt heard them yet.
Here's a few song titles to peak your curiosity:
YHWH (parody of "YMCA" by The Village People)
Drop of Lucifer (parody of "Drops of Jupiter" by Train)
Baa! We're Lambs! (parody of "Barbara Ann" by The Beach Boys)
The Real Sin Savior (parody of "The Real Slim Shady" by Eminem)
Droppin' on the Sun (parody of "Walkin' on the Sun" by Smash Mouth)
All the Stalls Stink (parody of "All the Small Things" by Blink 182)
How You Rewind Me (parody of "How You Remind Me" by Nickelback)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AdJesumPerMariam

To Jesus through Mary
Jan 26, 2004
At Home
Visit site
✟51,621.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
the%20wave.GIF

WELCOME!
“The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace."

Reactions: WaZoO
Upvote 0