California
✟262,915.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I see pretty and sexy women, my mind may think of sex.
Is this ordinary?
Or is it sinful?
What God wants me to do?
How to put off this sexual idea in mind?

Jesus said “to look at a women with lust is sinful.” So yes, it’s sinful.

“Reckon yourself dead”

Pray that you might know what this means by experience and you will be set free from your fallen nature.

in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Is this ordinary?
Yes
Or is it sinful?
Yes
As Martin Luther famously put it: "You can't keep the birds from flying over your head, but you can keep them from building a nest in your hair."

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
A pastor said that attractiveness between opposite sex is what created by God.
Sexual desire is made by God into our nature.
So, what's wrong?
^^^^^^^^^Post 2 ^^^^^^^^^^
It's one thing to appreciate a lady's beauty. It's another thing to crave her for yourself if she is not yours to take. Job 31:1-2
Yes, sex has it's place in God's creation, but it is a holy and honorable place ordained by God. Hebrews 13:4

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Too much sex with spouse is also wrong, isn't it?
The Bible does give some guidelines regarding frequency. 1 Corinthians 7:3-5 'The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control'

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is this ordinary?
Or is it sinful?
What God wants me to do?
Its not sin if you desire somebody and you don't act on it. Only the lustful committ adultery or pursue someone that they are not married or committed to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible does give some guidelines regarding frequency. 1 Corinthians 7:3-5 'The husband should give to his wife her conjugal rights, and likewise the wife to her husband. For the wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. Likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control'

That's a guideline for infrequency...as in, don't let it be infrequent (from the viewpoint of either spouse).

• Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You say to yourself " my wife is the most beautiful woman in the whole world." :oldthumbsup:

What one pastor has said:

"Make your wife your standard of beauty. If your wife is thin, your standard of beauty should be thin. If your wife is thick, your standard of beauty should be thick. If your wife used to be thin, your standard of beauty should be 'used to be thin.' If you make your wife your standard of beauty, then all other women become sub-standard in your eyes."

Someone will say, "What I like is what I like--I can't help what I like."

That is horse manure. The only taste a human being is born with is a taste for sweetness. Every other taste is taught and learned. The standard of beauty most men have is what they learned--what they were taught--when they were young.

And tastes change. When they were little, they thought their mothers were beautiful. Then the world taught them something different.

Any human being can change his own tastes. We actually do it quite often. It's just a matter of intention and desire. In this case, as we dis-conform our minds from the world and conform them to the mind of Christ, we have both the reason for intention and the power of the Holy Spirit to make it happen.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sexual desire is natural,
do you need to control it?
or just control your action.
but the desire is still there in your flesh.

Controlling "desire" isn't even uniquely Christian. Hindus do it, Buddhists do it, Muslims do it, Shintoists do it. Controlling desire is a basic technique of all arts of discipline.

Upvote 0