Wales
✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
If being loved be Jesus is such a total, all embracing love beyond human love...
Well.... What's that like?
What's it like to be loved so completely?
What does that do to you and your life?

I haven't experienced this type of love, so it's hard for me to understand...
... but please try.

UnpopularOpinion

Oct 18, 2020
Wroclaw
✟13,398.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If being loved be Jesus is such a total, all embracing love beyond human love...

... but please try.

Human " love " is what helps humans mate , this is different type of love and actually nobody of us can understand it untill we get resurrected and given body which can feel and have mind of Christ.
Nobody can give you an answer here

This is the type of love that makes you choke and try hold tears when you hear Father's name.
You cannot experience it or feel it without Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If my experience is an indication >

Jesus makes me gentle and humble with ability and strength to stay out of arguing and complaining and unforgiveness. He has me pray and trust how God makes me creative in peace to love and care about and have hope for any person who is a problem for me . . . while I am tenderly and affectionately sharing with people who can be mutual with me. And His love makes me submissive so I can share with God and flow with what He has me doing.

"you will find rest for your souls" > in Matthew 11:28-30.

And He encourages me to seek our Father for real correction > Hebrews 12:4-14 . . . not to assume I am right and doing what He wants.

• Agree
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

... but please try.

It is the knowledge that despite my many flaws I am valued, that Jesus loves me enough to die a horrible gruesome death on my behalf.
That I am given the privilege of access to God whenever I pray, that I have the promise of a place there with Jesus.
The hope and assurance of this makes my life special and provides motivation for how I live.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And Jesus gives us real correction; He communicates very effectively.

I keep being reminded that Jesus is not only about loving me. But God is changing us to become like Jesus so now we love like He does, and share as family with other children of God . . . versus centering on blessings for ourselves. Plus, God is making us ready to share eternity with Him > 1 John 4:17. And His correction succeeds > Hebrews 12:4-14. So, God is not only focusing on loving us now, unconditionally, but He is correcting us so we are ready for Jesus.

He has us loving any and all people, not mainly focusing on getting God to make things nice for ourselves. Yet, I find I have more and better creativity in His love, for my own life but also for sharing with others. I actually feel better and enjoy socializing better, than when I was in my twenties and thirties; I am 73 now. And during the COVID thing, my social and ministerial life has gotten better, even while I keep to precautions. Because God is our Creator; He is creative :)

But I get warned not to get self-righteous about this, in case I really am living in His love . . . or think I am > always examine, in order for God to evaluate how I really am and genuinely love, or not. He does not have me in guilt-tripping about failure, but having hope for myself. And when I get into looking down on how others fail, He reminds me of how I myself can fail and so I should be humble and care about others as myself, to do better.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

... but please try.
First off: Jesus is Loving you with Godly type Love, but it is a transaction and you must humbly accept that Love as it was given, "as a purely undeserving gift (charity)" to complete the transaction.
Humans naturally do not like accepting charity especially if it comes from a person/Being who has made a huge sacrifice to provide you with the gift.
God is a giver and wants to shower each one of us with unbelievable wonderful undeserved gifts, but he is not going to force these gifts on us.
If we want to be loved for how we want others to perceive us to be and would not like a "Love" which is pure charity, then we would not be happy in heaven since heaven is like one huge "Love Feast", but only Godly type Love.
Godly type Love is a huge topic and it takes explaining since it is more then just an emotion and it includes being: unconditional, unselfish, undeserved, the single motivation for doing everything, sacrificial, and thought out.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

... but please try.

Words do not suffice. God is love. To experience His love is to experience Him. I can tell you about that experience but my description cannot approach what the experience itself, had directly and personally, truly is. Knowing about a person is never the same as knowing the person for yourself.

My experience of God's love is echoed well in the Bible. Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-8 or 1 John 4:9-10.

God's love gives me peace and rest. It is secure, never running out or vacillating. I can always count on it.

God's love is truthful, giving me confidence and stability as I depend on His promises to me, and live my life in conformity to His will and way.

God's love is an essential aspect of His nature, extended to me because of who He is, not because of who I am. I am not afraid, then, that my weaknesses and failures, my waywardness, will diminish His love for me. He loves me because He is loving, not because I deserve to be loved. This draws me to Him and incites me to obedience to Him more powerfully than fear of Him ever could.

God's love is both tough and gentle; unyielding but patient; His love is perfectly balanced, never giving way to pettiness or pique, or to sentimentality and indulgence. This causes me to trust Him more and more as the days pass; and with the growth of this trust comes patience, and equanimity and joy within myself and toward others.

God's love infuses my life with hope and meaning. I am not a mere accident of nature, but made by God for His purposes, chief of which is to be loved by Him and in turn to love others with His love. He has promised that my being a vessel through which He loves the world has eternal rewards, that doing so is eternally meaningful. And so, as He loves me and loves through me, I find myself filled with hope and joy, knowing I'm fulfilling the purpose (an eternal purpose) for my existence.

And so on.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

... but please try.

No matter what there is to face in the world, there is always Christ who holds me and keeps me--so whether in living or in dying, I belong to Him, and He shall keep me in Him. I have feet on solid ground, even in those moments where I feel like I'm falling without a parachute, there is the groundedness of Christ.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums