• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lukewarmness is pretty tough to overcome

Discussion in 'General Struggles' started by Braydeno, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Braydeno

Braydeno Member

+199
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    it hard. doing gods will is pretty tough, like trying to to quit smoking cigarettes and weed, which hinders my ability to be a christian, making hard choices to leave those habits that give me a false sense of security, and going through the harsh un-comfort without them while trying to trust god, but sometimes i easily slip into denial that i trust him when, really, I dont... I've examined myself with the help of god, and Im stuck between.., I've been crying out nonestop while in complete denial about everything, then he recently popped me out of my denial, then his words been coming into my mind and, he's keeps pulling me out of my denial but i keep slipping back into it when i cant leave these addictions behind.. its mind boggling.
    When im attempting to kill the flesh it is soooo bloody hard, even when i ask for help(lacking faith most likely), like while im trying to finally peep into the bible and read it im just uncomfortable without fulfilling the flesh. the temptation is hard and the way out provided by jesus is hard to take.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    • Prayers Prayers x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Braydeno

Braydeno Member

+199
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    when trying to quit its like im so confident in succeeding, but i realised i fail everytime. that's because while i'm going for the "ill try quitting tomorrow" thing, im really entering that false sense of security. I feel good about quitting because i have the drug inside me while im making that decision to quit, but when its not in me, and im trying to make that decision to quit, its bloody hard, the temptation gets me everytime... now im, just! starting to understand addiction..

3. Braydeno

Braydeno Member

+199
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    I wouldn't have been able to get this far if it weren't for God.

4. 1watchman

1watchman Overseer

+608
    Christian
    Married
    God well knows we have little strength against Satan and our own flesh. Complete surrender to the Lord Jesus is our only hope (see all of John 14 and verse 6 especially). Trust God and not ourself!

5. Braydeno

Braydeno Member

+199
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    I will do that

6. kittypl

kittypl Member

+142
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    i relate to both of your posts. weed can be so bad for you. i know how on the one hand sometimes it feels like our addictions are our only friends only escape, comfort. but weed can give you mental imbalance. we are supposed to be sober and alert. dont do it alone find support groups like aa. on pinterest they have inspirational quotes. i know how you feel.