Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I would like to discuss this passage in Luke 21 of the Olivet Discourse.

What kind of kingdom is Jesus talking about and what kind of Kingdom were the Apostles and Jews expecting to be coming?

Luke 21:
31 thus also ye, when ye may be beholding these becoming, ye are knowing that nigh is the Kingdom of the God;
32 Amen I am saying to ye — the generation, this-one, may not no be passing away till all may be becoming;

33 the heaven and the land shall be passing away, the yet words of Me may not no be passing away.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Kingdom of Yahweh is at hand, turn to Him.
Thus Jesus spoke frequently with the Jews around Him, and maybe , sooner or later, gentiles also.

Jesus said the Kingdom is "in your midst", not afar off, not coming by and by.

The apostles and disciples and most people who were expecting a Messiah
seem to have been expecting a TODAY DELIVERER from the oppression they were under - a Kingdom on or of this world, with Military type leadership and deliverance from the enemies.....

Jesus (or the Father in heaven) changed their minds. :)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The Kingdom of Yahweh is at hand, turn to Him.
Thus Jesus spoke frequently with the Jews around Him, and maybe , sooner or later, gentiles also.

Jesus said the Kingdom is "in your midst", not afar off, not coming by and by.

The apostles and disciples and most people who were expecting a Messiah
seem to have been expecting a TODAY DELIVERER from the oppression they were under - a Kingdom on or of this world, with Military type leadership and deliverance from the enemies.....

Jesus (or the Father in heaven) changed their minds. :)
That is what I have heard from reading their OT scriptures...

Psalms 89:19
Long ago you spoke in a vision to your faithful people.
You said, “I have raised up a warrior.
I have selected him from the common people to be King.

Zephaniah 3:15
The LORD has taken away your judgments,
He has cast out your enemy.
The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst;
You shall see[fn] disaster no more.

Jesus’ Messianic Surprise: A Kingdom of Mercy - En-Gedi Resource Center

In Jesus’ time, they understood the goal of all of God’s activity to be to expand his reign over all the world until one day no other gods would be worshipped anywhere: "The LORD will be king over all the earth; in that day the LORD will be the only one, and His name the only one" (Zech 14:9).2 In one Jewish prayer, the Aleinu, that has been prayed from Jesus’ time until today, that hope is expressed this way:...............

Messiah as King of God’s Kingdom

Along with this idea that God would extend his kingdom over all the earth was the idea that God would send a great king to establish and reign over it, and therefore, the whole world. This great king of Israel, or “anointed one” (mashiach) is the Messiah, or Christ, and many messianic passages describe him in just this way:.............

How would God’s king establish his kingdom? One logical conclusion would be that the Messiah would wage war against the idol-worshipping Gentiles and destroy the sinners among the Jews. Most people of Jesus’ time believed this, and we may be surprised to see that they found several prophecies in the scriptures that confirmed their ideas.

The Messiah was to be a “Son of David” (a descendant of King David), so people expected that just as David had expanded God’s kingdom by going to war, the messianic “Son of David” would too. They also looked for one like Moses, who defeated the Egyptians and established them as a great nation at Mt. Sinai5. The idea that the Messianic king would lead a rebellion was the main expectation of the Messiah in Jesus’ time, which was why when he admitted to being the Christ, he was accused of stirring up a rebellion against Rome (Luke 23:2-5)...............

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, that's apparently right. Jesus set them straight when He trained them and taught them "My Kingdom is NOT of this world". (i.e. their hopes were mostly wrong/ out of time with Yahweh's Plan and Purpose of Salvation in Jesus )

QUOTE="LittleLambofJesus, post: 73051067, member: 376868"]The Messiah was to be a “Son of David” (a descendant of King David), so people expected that just as David had expanded God’s kingdom by going to war, the messianic “Son of David” would too. They also looked for one like Moses, who defeated the Egyptians and established them as a great nation at Mt. Sinai5. The idea that the Messianic king would lead a rebellion was the main expectation of the Messiah in Jesus’ time, which was why when he admitted to being the Christ, he was accused of stirring up a rebellion against Rome (Luke 23:2-5)...............[/QUOTE

Upvote 0

KingdomLeast

Aug 6, 2018
INDIANAPOLIS
✟30,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although this kingdom was the central theme of Jesus' life he did not originate the idea. The concept of this kingdom permeated Old Testament prophecy.

The prophets foresaw a kingdom of health, with harmony between man and his fellow. They foresaw a kingdom of peace, with total economic security. Isaiah spoke of all these promises: They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain (11:6-9); they shall beat their swords into plowshares (2:4); mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands (65:21, 22).

The prophets foresaw a kingdom with harmony between man and animal; natural enemies of the earth will dwell together in complete peace and harmony; and formerly harmful creatures will no longer be hurtful or dangerous.

The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them. And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea (Isa 11:6-9).

They foresaw a kingdom of peace with harmony amongst men and no more war: And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more (Isa 2:4).

They foresaw a kingdom of total economic security; mankind will reap the rewards of their labor and live in security without fear of loss: they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.... mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands (Isa 65:21-22).

The New Testament apostles foresaw a kingdom in which even death would be done away; there shall be no more death (Rev 21:4). And the best part is that these were not idle dreams. They were not wishful thinking. They spoke of living verities for one simple reason—they knew what they were talking about for they had been witnesses. The Apostle Peter said: For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honor and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto you do well that you take heed (2Pet 1:16-19).

And the Apostle Paul, when speaking of himself, wrote: I knew a man in Christ...caught up to the third heaven (2Cor 12:2). In the next verse he calls this third heaven paradise. These Biblical writers could speak with such authority, with such sureness, for one simple reason; and to most of their kingdom prophecies the reason for their positiveness is appended: For the mouth of the LORD of hosts has spoken it!

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The exact form of the word #1451 is also used in Matt 24 and Mar 13 of the Olivet Discourse.

Luke 21:
30 when they may now cast forth, having seen of yourselves
ye know that now is the summer nigh/ἐγγύς<1451>;
31 thus also ye, when ye may be beholding these becoming,
ye are knowing that nigh/ἐγγύς<1451> is the Kingdom of the God;

Revelation 12:10
And I heard a loud voice saying in the heaven,
Now became the salvation, and the power, and the Kingdom of the God of us, and the authority of the Christ,
that was cast the accuser of our brethren, who is accusing them before our God day and night.

It appears Matt and Mark are saying the KoG is nigh at the doors?

Matthew 24:
32 ‘And from the fig-tree learn ye the simile: When already its branch may have become tender, and the leaves it may put forth,
ye know that summer [is] nigh/ἐγγύς<1451>,
33 so also ye, when ye may see all these, ye know that it is nigh/ἐγγύς<1451> at the doors.

Mark 13:
28 ‘And from the fig-tree learn ye the simile: when the branch may already become tender, and may put forth the leaves, ye know that nigh/ἐγγύς<1451> is the summer;
29 so ye, also, when these ye may see coming to pass, ye know that it is nigh/ἐγγύς<1451>, at the doors.

The exact form of #1451 used in Matt 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 is used 2 times in Revelation

Revelation 1:3
Happy/blessed is he who is reading and those hearing, the words of the prophecy, and keeping the things written in it
for the time is nigh/ἐγγύς<1451>!

Revelation 22:10
And he saith to me, ‘Thou mayest not seal the words of the prophecy of this scroll,
for the time is nigh/ἐγγύς<1451>;

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

What kind of kingdom is Jesus talking about and what kind of Kingdom were the Apostles and Jews expecting to be coming?

Luke 21:
31 thus also ye, when ye may be beholding these becoming, ye are knowing that nigh is the Kingdom of the God;
32 Amen I am saying to ye — the generation, this-one, may not no be passing away till all may be becoming;

33 the heaven and the land shall be passing away, the yet words of Me may not no be passing away.

The Disciples asked Jesus.

Act 1:6
6) When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7) And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Jesus answered them in sort of a Parable which was only given to them.

They were looking for the overthrow of the Roman Government and Freedom from oppression and restoration of the Israelite Kingdom.

Jesus told them it isn't for you to know, but then basically told them,
(IN RED)
They would be establishing the Kingdom of God in the Earth, before.......... "That Generation Passed"

So He didn't tell them but He did.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The exact form of the word #1451 is also used in Matt 24 and Mar 13 of the Olivet Discourse.

Luke 21:

Now became the salvation, and the power, and the Kingdom of the God of us, and the authority of the Christ,

that was cast the accuser of our brethren, who is accusing them before our God day and night.

Matthew 24:

32 ‘And from the fig-tree learn ye the simile: When already its branch may have become tender, and the leaves it may put forth,

33 so also ye, when ye may see all these, ye know that it is nigh/ἐγγύς<1451> at the doors.

Mark 13:

28 ‘And from the fig-tree learn ye the simile: when the branch may already become tender, and may put forth the leaves, ye know that nigh/ἐγγύς<1451> is the summer;
29 so ye, also, when these ye may see coming to pass, ye know that it is nigh/ἐγγύς<1451>, at the doors.

The exact form of #1451 used in Matt 24, Mark 13 and Luke 21 is used 2 times in Revelation

Happy/blessed is he who is reading and those hearing, the words of the prophecy, and keeping the things written in it

And he saith to me, ‘Thou mayest not seal the words of the prophecy of this scroll,

"at the doors" = Matthew 25:10 = Luke 13:25 (?)

"Doors closing" like in the movies, anyone afterwards on the wrong side is locked out (?)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They were looking for the overthrow of the Roman Government and Freedom from oppression and restoration of the Israelite Kingdom.

Jesus told them it isn't for you to know, but then basically told them,
(IN RED)
They would be establishing the Kingdom of God in the Earth, before.......... "That Generation Passed"

So He didn't tell them but He did.
I believe it also was to remove the corrupt murderous OC Priesthood and the Mosaic earthly Temple services, and i would say that that was the meaning of the "Gospel/Good-News", worshiping God in spirit anywhere in the world.

Mark 1:
14 And after the delivering up of John, Jesus came to Galilee, proclaiming the good-news of the Kingdom of God,
15 and saying — ‘Fulfilled hath been the time, and the Kingdom of God hath come nigh,
reform/repent and be ye believing in the good-news.’

This is the "Good News" Jesus gave to the woman at the well:

John 4:
“Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”
Jesus said to her, “Woman! believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father.

Luke 21:
20 “But when you see Jerusalem surrounded by armies, then know that the desolation of Her is nigh.
28 Beginning yet these-things to be becoming/ginesqai <1096> (5738), up-bend ye! and lift-up! the heads of ye,
thru-that is nearing/eggizei <1448> (5719) the loosing/redemption/apo-lutrwsiV <629> of ye

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Luke 21:

Matthew 24:

Mark 13:

Wasn't it already determined throughout your threads, that it all happened in 70 AD.

You keep covering the same ground.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Wasn't it already determined throughout your threads, that it all happened in 70 AD.

If Luke 21 happened in 70ad, then so did Matt 24, Mark and Revelation.

Then that would also mean Matt 24 and Mark 13, along with much of Revelation is fulfilled in 70ad?
I could practically harmonize Luke 21 to Revelation just by itself......

Zechariah 14:2
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city

Luke 21:24
And they shall be falling to mouth of a sword and they shall be being led captive into all the nations.
And Jerusalem shall be being trodden by nations until which may be being filled times of nations.

[Deuteronomy 28:68/Reve 11:2/13:10]

Now look at Reve 13:10

Revelation 13:10
If any to-captivity into captivity is going away.
If any in sword to be killed, is binding him in sword to be killed.

Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints.

http://www.bible.ca/pre-destruction70AD-george-holford-1805AD.htm
The Destruction of Jerusalem

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover................

Of the Jews destroyed during the siege, Josephus reckons not less than ONE MILLION AND ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND, .................Not less than two thousand laid violent hands upon themselves.
Of the captives the whole was about NINETY-SEVEN THOUSAND.

• Winner
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If Luke 21 happened in 70ad, then so did Matt 24, Mark and Revelation.

Then that would also mean Matt 24 and Mark 13, along with much of Revelation is fulfilled in 70ad?
I could practically harmonize Luke 21 to Revelation just by itself......

Zechariah 14:2
For I will gather all the nations to battle against Jerusalem;
The city shall be taken,
The houses rifled,
And the women ravished.
Half of the city shall go into captivity,
But the remnant of the people shall not be cut off from the city

Luke 21:24
And they shall be falling to mouth of a sword and they shall be being led captive into all the nations.
And Jerusalem shall be being trodden by nations until which may be being filled times of nations.
[Deuteronomy 28:68/Reve 11:2/13:10]

Now look at Reve 13:10

Revelation 13:10
If any to-captivity into captivity is going away.
If any in sword to be killed, is binding him in sword to be killed.
Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints.

http://www.bible.ca/pre-destruction70AD-george-holford-1805AD.htm
The Destruction of Jerusalem

The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover................

Of the Jews destroyed during the siege, Josephus reckons not less than ONE MILLION AND ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND, .................Not less than two thousand laid violent hands upon themselves.
Of the captives the whole was about NINETY-SEVEN THOUSAND.

I can agree with that.

Mathew, Mark and Luke all speak the same thing, they are recounting what Jesus said, not just three people with the same opinion, then Paul continues to preach throughout the known world of that time.

And says this.

Cor. 10:11
Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Why would Paul make such a weird statement if everything pertains to us, he isn't speaking to people of the 21st century.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I can agree with that.

Mathew, Mark and Luke all speak the same thing, they are recounting what Jesus said, not just three people with the same opinion, then Paul continues to preach throughout the known world of that time.

And says this.

Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

Why would Paul make such a weird statement if everything pertains to us, he isn't speaking to people of the 21st century.
please do observe that Paul wrote, "upon whom the ends of the AGE are come". Greek aion = aeon = eon, age.

The end of the world = Rev 20, "fire from heaven" ushering Final Judgement Day.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
please do observe that Paul wrote, "upon whom the ends of the AGE are come". Greek aion = aeon = eon, age.

The end of the world = Rev 20, "fire from heaven" ushering Final Judgement Day.

That is why I posted it, this verse does not in any way refer to us 2,000 yrs removed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="JIMINZ, post: 73051279, member: 397165"].
I can agree with that.

And says this.

Why would Paul make such a weird statement if everything pertains to us, he isn't speaking to people of the 21st century.[/QUOTE

Actually, Jesus IS SPEAKING TO US TODAY through this Scripture, just as HE DID in the first century to them.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Luke 21:

Heaven is what happens to our lives when we repent.

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

Few are willing to do it.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Heaven is what happens to our lives when we repent.

From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matt 4:17 RSV

Few are willing to do it.
Only the Gospel of Matthew mentions the phrase "Kingdom of Heaven" [tho it appears to be in the plural].
It is mentioned a few times in the book of Daniel:

Genesis 1:1 (DBY)

Daniel 2:44
'And in the days of these kings raise up doth the God of the heavens a kingdom that is not destroyed -- to the age,
and its kingdom to another people is not left:
it beateth small and endeth all these kingdoms, and it standeth to the age.

Daniel 7:27
and the kingdom, and the dominion, even the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heavens, is given to the people -- the saints of the Most High,
His kingdom is a kingdom age-during, and all dominions do serve and obey Him.

Matthew 23:13
'Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
because ye shut up the Kingdom of the Heavens before men, for ye do not go in, nor those going in do ye suffer to enter.

Revelation 12:
And I heard a great voice saying in the heaven, 'Now did come the salvation, and the power, and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ, because cast down was the accuser of our brethren, who is accusing them before our God day and night;
because of this be glad, ye heavens, and those in them who do tabernacle; woe to those inhabiting the land and the sea,
because the Devil did go down unto you, having great wrath, having known that he hath little time.'

Revelation 11:15
And the seventh messenger did sound, and there came great voices in the heaven, saying, 'The kingdoms of the world did become those of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign to the ages of the ages!'

Kindgdom Bible Studies Kingdom of God Part 1.

It is significant to note that the phrases “Kingdom of God” and “Kingdom of Heaven” are not to be found in the Old Testament. They are strictly New Testament terms beginning with John the Baptist and Jesus.
When Jesus came He did not preach a message called grace, or salvation, or justification, or sanctification, or regeneration, or even the Church. Could there be any more glorious message than the one that fell from His lips as He began His sonship ministry declaring, “The KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!” From that time forward the great teaching of the Lord centered in the truth of THE KINGDOM. His gospel was the gospel (good news) of the Kingdom of God..............

They teach that the Kingdom of God is heaven and that it has no relationship with the earth. For these the “end time” means the cataclysmic end of the universe, the destruction of the earth by fire, the sending of all unbelievers and wicked people to eternal damnation in hell, and the establishing of an eternal order of bliss for the saved in some far-off heaven somewhere.

Others teach that the Kingdom of God is purely earthly, and that it will be a political and social structure enforced on earth for a thousand years at the return of Jesus Christ with His saints to rule and reign. This theory has been popularized by the Schofield Bible. To these the Kingdom of God is the restored kingdom of Israel fulfilling the Davidic covenant. Jesus offered this kingdom to the Jews, but they refused.............................

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Only the Gospel of Matthew mentions the phrase "Kingdom of Heaven" [tho it appears to be in the plural].
It is mentioned a few times in the book of Daniel:

https://www.blueletterbible.org/search/search.cfm?Criteria=kingdom+of+heavens&t=DBY#s=s_primary_0_1

Daniel 2:44
'And in the days of these kings raise up doth the God of the heavens a kingdom that is not destroyed -- to the age,
and its kingdom to another people is not left:
it beateth small and endeth all these kingdoms, and it standeth to the age.

Daniel 7:27
and the kingdom, and the dominion, even the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heavens, is given to the people -- the saints of the Most High,
His kingdom is a kingdom age-during, and all dominions do serve and obey Him.

Matthew 23:13

'Woe to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!
because ye shut up the Kingdom of the Heavens before men, for ye do not go in, nor those going in do ye suffer to enter.

Revelation 12:

And I heard a great voice saying in the heaven, 'Now did come the salvation, and the power, and the Kingdom of our God, and the authority of His Christ, because cast down was the accuser of our brethren, who is accusing them before our God day and night;
because of this be glad, ye heavens, and those in them who do tabernacle; woe to those inhabiting the land and the sea,
because the Devil did go down unto you, having great wrath, having known that he hath little time.'

Revelation 11:15
And the seventh messenger did sound, and there came great voices in the heaven, saying, 'The kingdoms of the world did become those of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign to the ages of the ages!'

http://www.kingdombiblestudies.org/kingdom/kog1.htm.

It is significant to note that the phrases “Kingdom of God” and “Kingdom of Heaven” are not to be found in the Old Testament. They are strictly New Testament terms beginning with John the Baptist and Jesus.
When Jesus came He did not preach a message called grace, or salvation, or justification, or sanctification, or regeneration, or even the Church. Could there be any more glorious message than the one that fell from His lips as He began His sonship ministry declaring, “The KINGDOM OF GOD IS AT HAND!” From that time forward the great teaching of the Lord centered in the truth of THE KINGDOM. His gospel was the gospel (good news) of the Kingdom of God..............

They teach that the Kingdom of God is heaven and that it has no relationship with the earth. For these the “end time” means the cataclysmic end of the universe, the destruction of the earth by fire, the sending of all unbelievers and wicked people to eternal damnation in hell, and the establishing of an eternal order of bliss for the saved in some far-off heaven somewhere.

Others teach that the Kingdom of God is purely earthly, and that it will be a political and social structure enforced on earth for a thousand years at the return of Jesus Christ with His saints to rule and reign. This theory has been popularized by the Schofield Bible. To these the Kingdom of God is the restored kingdom of Israel fulfilling the Davidic covenant. Jesus offered this kingdom to the Jews, but they refused.............................

Do you think there is a difference between the kingdom of heaven and kingdom of God?

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Interesting enough these forums seem to be about debates....but can one just examine some thoughts to see if others may have more info into the subject....?

I've looked at this years ago...I never came to any true answer....For one it's hard when you are dealing with many translations...

I would take the stand that they are different.
Just to see if there's proof for it.

I believe the Holy Ghost and Holy Spirit are different...to the likeness of the position/title/place it now is present or takes on....As water is H20 and depending on changes in atmosphere it takes on different titles.
Also Jesus Christ and Christ Jesus...may be in refferring to before His resurrection And
After his resurrection.
And eternal life and life eternal.....one being a characteristic of the other.

As for the primary thought I've yet to read the whole Bible...so I would be lacking in anything I'd say...And even if I read it I probably still be lacking....unless God reveals it.......

I will return....

Upvote 0