Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A proud and confident genius makes a bet with an idiot. The genius says, "Hey idiot, every question I ask you that you don't know the answer, you have to give me $5. And if you ask me a question and I can't answer yours I will give you $5,000." The idiot says, "Okay." The genius then asks, "How many continents are there in the world?" The idiot doesn't know and hands over the $5. The idiot says, "Now me ask: what animal stands with two legs but sleeps with three?" The genius tries and searches very hard for the answer but gives up and hands over the $5000. The genius says, "Dang it, I lost. By the way, what was the answer to your question?" The idiot hands over $5.

Quasar92

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,156.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Reminds me a bit of an Australian political / religious joke doing the rounds way back in the late 1980's. We then had a Prime Minister, Bob Hawke. To set the scene, the atheist Soviet Union was still around which was opposed by the "Christian" USA. Bob Hawke himself was an agnostic, but his father had been a (Christian) Congregationalist Minister.

Anyway at one point Hawke proudly proclaimed to all and sundry "By this time next year, there won't be a single Australian child living in poverty." It was the sort of line politicians use to big note their policies.

Anyway joke follows -

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

One day God spoke in a booming voice to all the leaders of the world. "This time next year, I'm coming back to judge the world. It will be the end of time and you'd better be ready!"

Premier Brezhnev went to the Soviet Poltiburo, and in a very shaky voice said, "Comrades, I have some bad news and some worse news! The bad news is that we were wrong! There really is a God! And the worse news is that He's coming back this time next year!"

President Bush Senior went to Congress and the Senate, and said "Gentlemen, I'm the bearer of some good news and some bad news! The good news is that we were right all along, and there really is a God! The bad news is that He's coming back at this time next year!"

Bob Hawke went to the Australian parliament, and said "Cobbers, as Prime Minister and former leader of the Trade Union Council, I have some good news and some even better news! The good news is that Dad was right all along, and there really is a God! And the better news is that by this time next year, there won't be a single Australian child living in poverty!!"

• Winner
Reactions: NolaB123
Upvote 0