Lucifer in Isaiah 14 can't be anyone else but Satan...

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No angels are not men. They are angels. Men are men, and angels are angels.

Nope, Angels are angelic men:

Dan_9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

This man is an angel.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible doesn't call him an archangel-only Michael.

The Book of Tobit (of Catholic and Orthodox canon) identifies the angels who stand in the presence of God as archangels, and so Gabriel has been called an archangel by tradition.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟36,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rhe OP's claim about Lucifer as Satan is decisively refuted in this clear article which expresses the overwhelming scholarly consensus:

Lucifer in Isaiah 14:12-17

If you want serious Bible students to take your claim seriously, engage with this article's plea to take Isaiah 14 in its context.

Amen. One of the greater sins of us Christians is failing to love the Lord God with all our mind. That includes reading Scripture in context rather than with run away imaginations. It is clear beyond doubt that Isaiah 14 is speaking of the King of Babylon.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The Bible doesn't call him an archangel-only Michael.
Sorry, but Micheal is symbolical of Christ!
Zec 1:16 Therefore thus saith the LORD; I am returned to Jerusalem with mercies: my house shall be built in it, saith the LORD of hosts, and a line shall be stretched forth upon Jerusalem.
17 Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.
3:2 Is not this a brand plucked out of the fire? - The Jews were nearly destroyed because of their sins; a remnant of them is yet left, and God is determined to preserve them.
Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the adversary he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. Yet Michael the archangel - Of this personage many things are spoken in the Jewish writings “Rabbi Judah Hakkodesh says: Wherever Michael is said to appear, the glory of the Divine Majesty is always to be understood.” Rev 12:7, it is said: Michael and his angels fought against the Dragon and his angels. The word Michael מיכאל, seems to be compounded of מי mi, who, כ ke, like, and אל El, God; he who is like God; hence by this personage, in the Apocalypse, many understand the Lord Jesus. [CLARKE]
Dan 10:13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. 12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 19:16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.
WHO is the DRAGON? Rev 19:19 And I saw the beast, the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the angels were filled with their flesh.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Dan_9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being caused to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.

This man is an angel.

Angelic men meaning?

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus is not Michael. That is a false teaching.
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 19:16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

This man is an angel.

What does fly mean in that verse?

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Does the Bible talk of the three archangels?

No. The term is used twice in the New Testament(0 times in the Old Testament), and only one of the two times it's used specifically mentions Michael by name, in Jude 1:9.

1 Thessalonians 4:16 is the other time the word archangel is used

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What does fly mean in that verse?
Not what you think, I am sure. The original Hebrew is fainting in·faintness
Dan 9:21 Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, fainting from a swift course, touched me about the time of the evening oblation.
ועוד אני מדבר בתפלה והאיש גבריאל אשר ראיתי בחזון בתחלה מעף ביעף נגע אלי כעת מנחת-ערב
מעף ביעף fainting in·faintness
HopH. part, wearied, faint, exhausted, Dan. 9, 21 מעף wearied with a wearisome course, i. e long and swift ; Others following Theod. Vulg. Syr. derive מעף and render flying; but unaptly, since it is followed by ביעף .Deriv. niacin and the two following. wearied, faint, Is. 40, 29; of a people 50, 4. m. weariness, fatigue, from a swift course, Dan. 9, 21

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Is Michael his real name or just a translation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No, what we know is all angels look like human men. Never do we see them shapeshifting or changing forms or bodies. They look the same whether in heaven or on the Earth.

Cryptids and UFOs—Is there a link? - creation.com

We do not reject the idea that some UFOs are real physical, observable phenomena, but we do reject the explanation that they are spacecraft flown by intelligent extraterrestrials. Rather we believe that residual UFOs (those attested to by credible witnesses, but not amenable to any natural or human explanations) are in some cases demonic manifestations. Throughout history fallen angels seem to have tended to manifest themselves in forms appropriate to the cultural susceptibilities of the time.Alien Life / UFO‘ section in our Frequently Asked Questions index on our website. For more, see our Aliens, UFO’s and the Bible DVD and particularly our book Alien Intrusion.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is Michael his real name or just a translation?
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels. It is an idiom for a figure of Christ. Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
1 Corinthians 15:49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.
That is Michael for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels. It is an idiom for a figure of Christ. Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
1 Corinthians 15:49 And just as we have borne the image of the earthly man, so shall we bear the image of the heavenly man.
That is Michael for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings

Michael is not the king of kings. It says the Lamb is, not Michael. Michael is merely an archangel, beneath the authority of the Lamb who is God.

Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟121,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

This man is an angel.

I'm not convinced that this one verse should be used as a proof text that angels are men. Angels are spiritual and have no physical bodies of flesh as we do. To say he's a man would mean he shares all the same attributes as a man (mental, spiritual, physical). It would seem to me that Daniel 9:21 connotes Gabriel as being male or masculine instead of feminine or some kind of in between.

Upvote 0

StevenBelievin

Trust In God
Site Supporter
Mar 26, 2017
Fort Worth, TX
✟121,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Chapter 12 and chapter 19 are not even talking about the same battle, not are they in the same location. Michael isn't Jesus.

Upvote 0