United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You may want to review who Jesus said he came to save

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whosoever trusts in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." - John 3:16

Oh, I'm sure you you were thinking of Matthew 15:24, where He says, "I came only to the lost sheep of Israel", and you wanted to use that to say that Jesus only came to save "Israelites". And, if I have to hazard a guess, I'm pretty sure that what you would mean by "Israelite" isn't what any of the rest of us would mean.

But let's be perfectly clear, Matthew 15:24 doesn't say that Jesus came to save "Israelites". It says He came for the lost sheep of Israel, the Jews. This is in the context of a Gentile woman who comes to Jesus, and Jesus only says this in order to test her faith. What happens when she responds in faith? He says, "Dear woman, great is your faith! It shall be as you desired." And her daughter was healed.

And later what do we see in the Acts of the Apostles? St. Peter receives a vision from God, and in the vision what does the Lord tell him? "Do not call unclean what I have made clean" and so the Apostle goes to the house of the Gentile, Cornelius. And what do we see happen here? God's sign that the Gentiles--the Greeks, the Barbarians, the Latins, the Scythians, all nations of the earth, of every tribe and tongue--were equal partners with the Jews in God's promises in Christ.

And so, St. Paul is clear, "Here there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcised nor uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all and in all." (Colossians 3:11)

And so, Christ's commission to His Apostles, "You will be My witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." (Acts 1:8), and likewise as He says in Matthew, "Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teaching them all which I have said to you."

To all the nations, to every last tribe and tongue. To every last person, regardless of who they are.

And that, that is why Christ said that He came for the whole world, that God's love, for the whole world, is why the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. The Eternal Logos, the only-begotten Son, Second Person of the Most Holy and Blessed Trinity has become one of us, a man. Born of Virgin Mary the blessed Theotokos, and who suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, buried, and dead. And on the third day rose again, victorious over sin and death for all men, and ascending into the heavens, seated at the right hand of the Father with all power, authority, and dominion until the day He returns, in glory, as judge of the living and the dead--and see His unending reign, the kingdom without end.

And on that Day, when God has renewed all things,

"Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb through the middle of the street of the city; also, on either side of the river, the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit each month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His servants will worship Him. They will see His face, and His name will be on their foreheads." - Revelation 22:1-4

For God shall be all in all, the glory of God shall fill the heavens and the earth, and there shall be world without end.

All.
Everyone.
All nations.
All tribes.
All peoples.
The whole world.

Christ the Lord even came to save antisemitic bigots, therefore repent and believe the Gospel.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The ones that fit the curses and actually follow Torah.

*hint: not those guys in the middle east.
'Those guys in the Middle East', are you speaking of Israel? where there are actually thousands upon thousands of Messianic Jews living there today, just like in the early New Testaments days.

Jesus actually mentions them in his Revelation to John 17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Nige55
Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hawkins said:
If everyone is saved, then it's no point to even mention that who shall be saved. The word "saved" shouldn't even appear in the Bible.

Lulav said>>>>You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Jesus= Yeshua= Salvation of God - he's all throughout the whole Bible.

What you don't know on the other hand is to count basic numbers.
Lulav was quoting Jesus who was speaking to a woman who was placed there centuries before that was not from any of the tribes of Israel. So you aren't preaching to the choir you are debating Jesus.

“Believe Me, woman,” Jesus replied, “a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. John 4:21-22

If salvation doesn't matter, then a religion is pointless. If salvation matters you can count how many is saved through the Jewish covenant. In today's world there are only 20 mil Jews among the 7 bil. humans.

I agree, religion is pointless but relationship with the creator is not.
Salvation should be studied alongside 'redemption' which brings you back to the 'OLD' testament and the book of Ruth for example of how a Gentile is brought in to the house of Israel.

So can you count how many will be saved?
Only God knows who truly belongs to him and no one else but I will say that all He determined would be saved will be.

Upvote 0

Lulav

Y'shua is His Name
Aug 24, 2007
✟494,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
And later what do we see in the Acts of the Apostles? St. Peter receives a vision from God, and in the vision what does the Lord tell him? "Do not call unclean what I have made clean" and so the Apostle goes to the house of the Gentile, Cornelius. And what do we see happen here? God's sign that the Gentiles--the Greeks, the Barbarians, the Latins, the Scythians, all nations of the earth, of every tribe and tongue--were equal partners with the Jews in God's promises in Christ.

Couple of things about that

1.Not all as you put, but those who were like Cornelius and his household.
Some things about Cornelius that others should use as a guide to being invited in.

1. 1.He was an Italian Centurion
  2. He was devout
  3. He feared God
  4. He always prayed to God
  5. He gave to the poor
  6. He had a 'good reputation' among the Jews
Peter declared about him:

1. God shows no partiality- but there is a caveat
  2. To those who fear him and work righteousness
Cornelius and his family (household) did both.

Salvation is not for those who don't revere God or do things He has commanded his people to do.

All. ------No
Everyone.-------No
All nations.--------No
All tribes.---------No
All peoples.-------No
The whole world.----No

Christ the Lord even came to save antisemitic bigots, therefore repent and believe the Gospel.

Those who hate the people God choose to bring his Salvation through are operating in the spirit of the one who hates them the most. Its a war between seeds. Jesus spoke much about this.

There are good seeds and bad seeds,
Sheep and wolves
full cruises and empty ones.

Not all are the same and not all will be saved.

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Some people have a heart for jewish people. If so, then go to the synagogues, go to Israel, and start your missionary work. I think that heart can be a bit misguided at times, but if the end result is in your ministering to a people-group, then I am not one to judge. I have a heart for a different people-group. That does not mean that God loves either more than the other; it just means that we are non-omnipresent humans who can't do everything, so we take on one people-group and do what good we can there.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Couple of things about that

1.Not all as you put, but those who were like Cornelius and his household.
Some things about Cornelius that others should use as a guide to being invited in.

1. 1.He was an Italian Centurion
  2. He was devout
  3. He feared God
  4. He always prayed to God
  5. He gave to the poor
  6. He had a 'good reputation' among the Jews
Peter declared about him:

1. God shows no partiality- but there is a caveat
  2. To those who fear him and work righteousness
Cornelius and his family (household) did both.

Salvation is not for those who don't revere God or do things He has commanded his people to do.

I don't believe in Limited Atonement, that Christ only died for some. Christ died for everyone. The Scriptures are pretty clear on this I believe. In St. Paul's epistle to the Romans he outlines, very clearly, that as all have sinned and fallen short, with none being righteous, the condemnation of God's moral Law against sin renders us all without excuse, without any justification, and helpless and hopeless; conversely Christ's work is for all. Thus all who have put their trust in Him are justified, freely, by the grace of God and therefore have received the righteousness which is apart from themselves, the righteousness which is by faith apart from God's commandments. For what the Law could not do--make men righteous--God has accomplished through His Son, and it is the gift of Christ's righteousness to us that reckons us as just before God.

A distinction must be made, however, between Objective Justification and Subjective Justification. Objective Justification is the justification of all accomplished by Christ. Christ's death is the objective justification of all men--everyone. However, we cannot benefit from Christ's work unless the work is appropriated to us, that's Subjective Justification. When the word goes forth and creates faith (Romans 10:17) it means we as individuals have now received the gift of Christ's righteousness, and thus we are justified through this faith.

So yes, Christ died for all. Christ came for all. All are included in the Gospel, the Church has been called to preach that Gospel to everyone, and the command for the Church to baptize covers and includes everyone. We make disciples of all nations, not just some nations. We call all people to repent and believe the Gospel, not just some people.

God does not play favorites. God's love is universal. The work of God is for the whole world.

All. Everyone. All nations. All tribes. All tongues. The whole world.

If salvation depended upon you and I having the right reverence for God, or attaining some kind of righteousness by our own merit, then we would perish in our sins. For we have no righteousness in ourselves. Apart from Christ we have no righteousness whatsoever, and the only righteousness we have before God is the righteousness of Christ, imputed to us, given to us, as a pure and free gift. We are called the saints of God, not because we are holy, but because Jesus Christ is holy. And since we are in Him, we have received what He has and what He is; that is our salvation.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0