• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Loving the Jews.

Discussion in 'General Theology' started by Carl Emerson, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Lulav

Lulav Older than ZIP Codes Supporter

+6,741
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Regarding the Revelation verse.

It is those without a love for Gods chosen people that pull out that verse not understanding what Jesus was indicating. King Herod was a Jew was also called the King of the Jews, but he really was not he was fro Esau not Jacob, and there were those during the time of John's vision that also fell into that line. It is not speaking of all Jews.

As far as what Paul said, it is along the same lines. Who were the promises made to?

The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you." ​

It's better to remember this of what Paul said:

"Hath God cast away his people? God forbid."

"I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid"

but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy."

It has come to the Gentiles but that doesn't mean they replace them, it just means they have a part now, but so does Israel.

And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree; 18 Boast not against the branches.

Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
    20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear: 21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26 And so all Israel shall be saved:

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the LORD. 9“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so My ways are higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get?

You worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Jesus= Yeshua= Salvation of God - he's all throughout the whole Bible.

2. S.O.J.I.A.

S.O.J.I.A. Dynamic UNO

+2,587
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    yes, you should love the jews and only the jews because God only loves the jews.

(the REAL jews, not the fake ones)

3. ViaCrucis

ViaCrucis Evangelical Catholic of the Augsburg Confession

+22,326
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Assuming this is a serious post and not a joke, what do you mean by "real Jews"?

-CryptoLutheran

4. S.O.J.I.A.

S.O.J.I.A. Dynamic UNO

+2,587
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    The ones that fit the curses and actually follow Torah.

*hint: not those guys in the middle east.

5. ViaCrucis

+22,326
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Pretty sure Israeli Jews and other Jews living in middle eastern countries take the Torah and their Jewish religion seriously.

Perhaps you could speak plainly and not in dog whistle code.

-CryptoLutheran

6. S.O.J.I.A.

S.O.J.I.A. Dynamic UNO

+2,587
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    best i can do without being accused of being anti-semetic and possibly being banned.

7. ViaCrucis

+22,326
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    That's what I figured.

-CryptoLutheran

8. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,985
    Non-Denom
    Married
    The Bible is clear "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed." Gen 12:3

Since God said this, we should repent when we hold things against people. He always forgives us when we do. I Joh 1:9

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
  9. Nige55

Nige55 Newbie

+218
    Christian
    Married
    Absolutely. There's something wrong spiritually if this is not the case. Jesus example is good enough for me.

10. Mountainmanbob

Mountainmanbob Goat Whisperer Supporter

+10,730
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Jesus was a Jew and we of this house love Israel and their people.
    It's just amazing that we don't have to look far around here to see many that don't.

Sometimes I wonder if they have been planted?

M-Bob

11. Knee V

Knee V It's phonetic.

+1,616
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I will always try to love all people no matter who they are or where they or their ancestors came from, but I am not going to love or favor one people group over another.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,985
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Sticking with God 's perspective "For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth." Deut 7:6 :-"For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God, and the Lord hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." Deu 14:2.

Sometimes threads like this raises our awareness of what's in Scripture.

"But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." Matt 4:4

13. S.O.J.I.A.

S.O.J.I.A. Dynamic UNO

+2,587
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    Yeah, those people tend to be sensative to those who don't go along with the gag.

14. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,755
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    No one said that and nor does scripture... as you no doubt know.

15. ViaCrucis

+22,326
    United States
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    I meant I figured you were advocating antisemitic nonsense.

-CryptoLutheran

16. chilehed

chilehed Veteran

+1,195
    Catholic
    Married
    Of course it should.

17. S.O.J.I.A.

S.O.J.I.A. Dynamic UNO

+2,587
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    You may want to review who Jesus said he came to save

18. S.O.J.I.A.

S.O.J.I.A. Dynamic UNO

+2,587
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    I know you did buddy..

19. Hawkins

Hawkins Member Supporter

+303
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    What you don't know on the other hand is to count basic numbers. If salvation doesn't matter, then a religion is pointless. If salvation matters you can count how many is saved through the Jewish covenant. In today's world there are only 20 mil Jews among the 7 bil. humans. So can you count how many will be saved?

Only through Jesus that humans will be saved, both gentiles and Jews. The Jews they don't know what they are doing. They don't even have the Temple for them to follow the Mosaic Law for their own atonement rites.

There's for a reason that their Temple was removed in AD 70, simply because they literally lost contact with their God.

Deuteronomy 28:15-16 (NIV2011)
    However, if you do not obey the LORD your God and do not carefully follow all his commands and decrees I am giving you today, all these curses will come on you and overtake you:
    You will be cursed in the city and cursed in the country.

Deuteronomy 28:63-64 (NIV2011)
    Just as it pleased the LORD to make you prosper and increase in number, so it will please him to ruin and destroy you. You will be uprooted from the land you are entering to possess.
    Then the LORD will scatter you among all nations, from one end of the earth to the other. There you will worship other gods—gods of wood and stone, which neither you nor your ancestors have known.

How many Jews in today's world are stilling trying to abide by God's commandments? Only the Orthodox Jews are still trying (which is 2 mil. practitioners plus 2 mil. supporters) !

And then:

Genesis 17:14 (NIV2011)
    Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant.”

Numbers 15:28-31 (NIV2011)
    The priest is to make atonement before the LORD for the one who erred by sinning unintentionally, and when atonement has been made, that person will be forgiven.
    One and the same law applies to everyone who sins unintentionally, whether a native-born Israelite or a foreigner residing among you.
    But anyone who sins defiantly, whether native-born or foreigner, blasphemes the LORD and must be cut off from the people of Israel.
    Because they have despised the LORD’s word and broken his commands, they must surely be cut off; their guilt remains on them.

They are cut off from the people of Israel!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
  20. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+6,755
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    How about John 3:16