• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

loving....hating God

HoneyComb Son

Veteran
Jan 27, 2004
✟2,902.00
Faith
Christian
hello all..i wonder if you could help me at all..i dont know what to say..dont know what to expect..all i feel towards God is that i lose all the time..its like i watch others have things..and he keeps taking away..my dreams..my goals..everything..and then he expects me to love him..i know i struggle with Jealously..and all about spoiled..but this isnt about that..i have no reason to love God..i know Jesus died for me..but i have suffered alot in this life..and been through alot..and i am not affraid to admit it..i have been through alot more then alot of people..and i have no reason to love God...i feel passed by..i cant force myself to love Him..but i hate Him..i hate him so much..today i have already cursed him so many times..i feel nothing for him..it comes and goes..i feel like why should i pray?..why should i do anything?..please dont tell me to just get off myself..if you have been through what i have been through..alot of you would not have made it..that is honesty..i am just mad i guess..alot of you should be glad what you can accomplish..for me..i lose...i am stripped of everything.and still christian..alot of bitterness i have..yes..buti dont care..i dont even care about blaspheming God..i feel empty...angry...my dreams are gone..i lose..and for what?..i God i cannot love..how can you love someone..when you cant find a reason too?...if what i have received is all bad?..yes i have experienced alot of good..and i admit that..and i even admit i have problems..i openly admit these..this is just a rant i guess..i have lost alot..and for what..heaven with God..the God i know.i would rather be in hell..atleast i can get away from Him...i dont expect to get everything i want..but i want someone who cares about what i care about..who understands..and i have no one...i live each day trying to live for God..but with no love..is it wrong for me to have good done for me?..to want something..please dont say..its more then me..none of you would live for God..if you didnt recieve God...or expected it..here and eternity..that is a fact..that is how i feel..i feel barren..i have faced alot of trials alot of you wouldnt even dream of...and i face them today..i feel nothing..anymore..what blessings or desire that i have...that are not meet..anyway.. i am thankful for the litte things..but i dont know what to do..i hate God..cannot love him..i find no reason too..but i know that i can make it with him...thats the only reason why i stay..for me...because i do want somone to love and give myself to..but no somone like God..i just cant...peace

mmreed

... by His wounds you are healed!
Feb 25, 2005
✟8,301.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
why do you blame God for your misfortunes and turn away from him rather than blame Satan for spreading doubt, fear, suffering, misfortune?

God wants you to be happy and healthy...and in His world you will be. In this world, we must struggle though the pitfalls of Satan to get to the real life.

Upvote 0

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
HoneyComb Son said:
..all i feel towards God is that i lose all the time..

That's the way it's supposed to be. Anything we have in this world is loss. We won't take it with us anyway when we die to this world.

its like i watch others have things..and he keeps taking away..

He takes for good reason. If having means the loss of one's soul, then it is better to lose all and live than to have all and die eternally.

my dreams..my goals..everything..

My, my, my...me, me, me... Get the picture?

and then he expects me to love him..

His taking from us is even more reason to love Him. No matter what He takes in this world, He has already given us more than what we can possibly lose here in this life.

i know i struggle with Jealously..and all about spoiled..but this isnt about that..i have no reason to love God..

He never had reason to love us, but He still does. No offense, but that speaks of a higher standard that has apparently escaped your cognitive powers so far.

i know Jesus died for me..but i have suffered alot in this life..

Have you fought temptation and sin in your life to the point of your own blood?

and been through alot..and i am not affraid to admit it..i have been through alot more then alot of people..

So, are you saying that your brand of suffering is worse than other's? If you have lost much, then that simply means that you had the most to lose. Many do not have much to lose. Many have nothing but each other.

and i have no reason to love God...

Actually, you do have reason to love God. The difference is that you've chosen to rearrange your priorities so that the greatest of reasons are laying on the bottom shelf rather than the top. Nothing new about that.

i feel passed by..i cant force myself to love Him..but i hate Him..i hate him so much..today i have already cursed him so many times..i feel nothing for him..it comes and goes..

Curses in the midst of blessings is also not a new phenomenon. Your situation is not at all unique. You're not the first to have these feelings.

i feel like why should i pray?..why should i do anything?..please dont tell me to just get off myself..if you have been through what i have been through..alot of you would not have made it..

Ah, yes. The inconquerable martyr syndrome. "Few have ever suffered as much as I have, and few could possibly withstand what I have survived....." Been there, done that. You're walking the same path I've been on myself. You see, I'm sympathizing with you, but not in a warm fuzzy sort of way. I needed a swift kick in the pants to get me off the self-pity train. It was too easy to guage my love for God by the way I was "feeling" from day to day. Our feelings change daily. Our love for and faith in God is supposed to be rooted in something far more stable than our "feelings." You must watch too many soap operas and hollywood movies. Learn what TRUE love really is, and THEN maybe you'll get a grip on what is REALLY going on in your life right now. I'm no therapist, but the answer to your problem is really quite simple. Reading your post is almost like reading my own diary from several years ago. I found the answer. What makes the difference is whether you're willing to seek that answer, or just give up in self-pitty.

BTW

Upvote 0

chilibowl

Mar 9, 2005
at home
✟352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Your Right!
This all is little more than the empty, broken, Rant of a suffering soul... Do you even want help? or are you setting us up to dump on you to fuel more god hate? You didn't give your age but it's oviouse that your mature enough to know the responces of the christians here. It's almost like your setting us up to unload a concordance of advise and scripture dealing with your selfpitty.. Brother with love, if you want help, ask. give some detail, or some direction on WHY you feel the way you do. If you want to rant and curse God then just do it! Don't share it and then set us up to fail and use our "Advise" to fuel your distain for your lot in life...

-Or-
Am I completely off my Gord, and you want to hear us tell you your being selfish, and you should be thankful because Jesus, bla, bla, bla, and it's not all that bad, cause the sun will come out tomorrow, keep your head up, and I'll pray for you... what else? Oh, why should god spare you he didn't spare his son.. you get the Idea..
Is this what you really want? None of it will help your situation will it? So what else could we possiable do with what you wrote? I just reread the post before mine and he made a really good effort with what you have here. Did it work? have you found a reason to love god? If no then don't use what brother "Before" as a reason to hate God..

"O lord I've gone before your people in a great cry for help and you've fail me once again!"

I've lived too long where your wanting to take your life... And if you truly want to go there you don't need a reason just go.. and be miserable, you still can have god in the back of your heart if you want, so you can find your way home. Just know when you return, and after the celebration, your going to have to lose the poor me routine. and pick up your cross and bear it. And if you want to try to find contentment then you'll help another carry or wheelchair or whatever you can do to help them with their burden as well, because we were designed to praise, worship, and serve! and unless you doing all three then you will never know Love, God, or Happiness..

I say these things in love truly, not to torment or to taunt. So in that spirit I humbly ask you again do you truly want help?

Goodluck and know God has already blessed

Upvote 0
P

perfection

You are loved by God and many more people then you know. God knows what you are going thru and knows what lies in your heart. He will love you even if you cursed or sweared at him. He will give you unconditional love to eternity.

It is harder for a rich man to go heaven then for a camel to go thru the eye of a needle.

Why do you desire all these earthly things? You may well have been made humble by God's actions. Who prevents you from hurting yourself in a even more bad way.

The reason that you hate God , is because you do not understand why you are here on earth.

We are here on earth to learn, and to do our best into loving others and facing our odeals so our spirits may have grow stronger when we die and return to God.

You must understand that you and everyone has a important mission to forfill here on earth, and that your life is NOT meaningless.

I love you and God loves you too, what you seek and desire most, you already posess.

Upvote 0

Galadriel

Lady of Light
Jun 24, 2003
USA
✟12,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can understand getting frustrated sometimes, but its hard to know what to say without more info on your situacion. I know how it can feel like your troubles are just overwhelming, and you sound like your hitting rock bottom. All the advice I can give you is to just keep holding on. When I was at my worst and had felt just desperate I didn't curse God, but just waited and never stopped praying, and well its like made my life do a 180. I think sometimes God just wants us to perservere. Its hard tho to know what exactly to say, because I don't know your situacion. I hope this helps some tho.

Job went through some major trials, and he was rewarded for his faithfulness to God through these trials.

Upvote 0

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
chilibowl said:
Your Right!
This all is little more than the empty, broken, Rant of a suffering soul... Do you even want help? or are you setting us up to dump on you to fuel more god hate? You didn't give your age but it's oviouse that your mature enough to know the responces of the christians here. It's almost like your setting us up to unload a concordance of advise and scripture dealing with your selfpitty..

Like I said in one of the other forums, it's common practice for admins and mods to have multiple identities in order to create basket case posts that keep people talking and active, therefore making forums look busier than they would be otherwise. There are quite a number of forums like this one where the poster of the OP never seems to come back to respond to the answers given. Sometimes OP will create an entire controversy, thus stirring up all kinds of activity that would never have come about otherwise. Neuroticism seems to be the earmark of OP's that really get activity stirred up, and keep it stirring, one after another. I'm not saying this is absolutely the case in the forums on this site, but admins and mods who engage this kind of facade to generate activity that would otherwise not happen on its own are creating a moral crisis by perpetrating dishonesty.

BTW

Upvote 0

JWBZ SVT

Jan 5, 2005
Mississippi
✟8,056.00
Faith
Christian
Have you tried reading the Book of Job? Job 'falsely' accused God 72 or 74 times of directly demising his hurt. God wasn't the one at fault. It was the devil. Job had to come to this realization. Confess your misguided anger and confess it as sin and ask Him to forgive you. He will. Be honest and talk with God. Tell Him that you are angry--just be reverent when doing so.

Upvote 0

BeforeThereWas

Seasoned Warrior
Mar 14, 2005
Midwest City, OK
✟10,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
HoneyComb Son said:
hello you all..i want to say that i am sorry you had to respond to my post.it was just a rant and self-pity thingy..anyway.. i apologize and thank you for your concern..God bless

That's it?????? Just a slam dunk "sorry 'bout that"? This is a wimpy way of dealing with something that was much more than just a rant. You made some pretty serious charges that you appear to want to walk away from without any thought for responsibility. This may be just my opinion, but this was a cheezy cop-out on your part. The least you could do is provide an intelligent response to all the replies people took the time to provide for you. Do you think so little of others that you think it ok to just walk away like this?

You were wrong. You really ARE stuck on yourself.

BTW

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Onwardclimb

STRIVING
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟8,271.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
trust_faith said:
You do have reason to love God. He is the one who creates you and he is your FATHER. how can a child hate his own Father? :(

Well,...when the enemy distorts that child's view of who thier Father is it becomes easy... For example, if a child has one loving parent and one nasty one and the nasty one is always playing mind games with that child and saying things like, "...if ________ really loved you, then they'd let you do/have/say_______, but they don't... they're just being mean and trying to hurt you because they like to see you suffer...they don't care anything about you, if they did you'd have____________....etc..." It would be up to the child whether or not they believe the lies that the nasty parent hides behind--thus damaging thier relationship with the loving one--or see through the lies and resist the other parent who's lying to them.

The OP is facing what we all face from time to time...--the enemy who wants to distort our image of our LOVING Father, God--now it's up to them whether or not they'll continue to believe a lie and further damage thier relationship with God or resist the devil and cling to the truth of scripture and the MANY blessings God HAS given them....We cannot make the choice for the OP, but we can all PRAY that he makes the right choice.

Prayerfully,
Onwardclimb:prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

butterfly33

Nov 11, 2004
✟7,861.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hey! You're perception of God has obviously been twisted a bit and pride has gotten in the way. Maybe i can help you get back into place.

Think about the nicest most caring Christian you know. Do you hate them? do you secretly think they are evil everytime they say hello to you? Do you feel like they don't care about you? I bet you don't. The reason they are so nice and caring is because Christ lives in them. They've learnt to be "Godly"...don't u think that says something? Anyway, have a think about it. I'm here if you need someone to talk to! ;)

butterfly33

Upvote 0